Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 593

Thread: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

  1. #161
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Easy solution... massive fines on business and revoking of business permits for 2nd time offenders of having illegals. If no one is hiring, no one will come illegally.
    PeteEU

  2. #162
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Easy solution... massive fines on business and revoking of business permits for 2nd time offenders of having illegals. If no one is hiring, no one will come illegally.
    This is already available to states. CoC v. Whiting (563US)
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #163
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is already available to states. CoC v. Whiting (563US)
    Makes you wonder why they dont do it... hmmmmmm..

    Instead they target the illegals who would not be in the US if there was no work for them because the risk and cost for the employer far far far out weighs the benefit of slave labour.
    PeteEU

  4. #164
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Makes you wonder why they dont do it... hmmmmmm..

    Instead they target the illegals who would not be in the US if there was no work for them because the risk and cost for the employer far far far out weighs the benefit of slave labour.
    What the hell do you think Sheriff Joe was talking about?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The idea is that states don't have the right to protect themselves when the federal government won't.
    Interesting, wonder if the plan is to work it from a state level down to an individual level. You don't have the right to protect yourself....
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #166
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What the hell do you think Sheriff Joe was talking about?
    I dunno, can he talk civilized? All I hear from him is attack the hispanics and make it hard for them.. legal or not, to live in the US. The problem is not that there are illegals ... because there will ALWAYS be illegals. The problem is that the illegals have a chance of a job.. a very good chance at that.. and no one is doing anything about it.. not even Sheriff Joe and his nazi methods.
    PeteEU

  7. #167
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually, I'm all for having illegal immigrants working freely in the US and without criminal liability. It'll teach the anti-union American populace a thing or two about how the free market operates. Hopefully, it'll be a wake up call to 89% of the working force that the danger is not in unions - but those seeking to destroy them and hand us over to the corporatist Plutocracy.
    Like I said, no difference between the left and the right when it comes to the important issues.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  8. #168
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,565

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is already available to states. CoC v. Whiting (563US)
    I'm not sure about that. The SCOTUS seemed to have said that revokation of the business license was OK but that fines were not. Shutting down an entire company, because it hired an illegal alien, seems to be overkill. That may put hundreds of citizens out of work, and cost the business owner millions, for the fault of a single lazy manager that failed to check ID properly. I can see shutting a company down for repeated violations, but a steep fine seems sufficient to act as a deterent.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #169
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Easy solution... massive fines on business and revoking of business permits for 2nd time offenders of having illegals. If no one is hiring, no one will come illegally.
    yeah but we have to WANT to do it first.

  10. #170
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: The AZ Immigration Law Has Been Decided

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. The SCOTUS seemed to have said that revokation of the business license was OK but that fines were not. Shutting down an entire company, because it hired an illegal alien, seems to be overkill. That may put hundreds of citizens out of work, and cost the business owner millions, for the fault of a single lazy manager that failed to check ID properly. I can see shutting a company down for repeated violations, but a steep fine seems sufficient to act as a deterent.
    yeah but it would only happen once and some companies can pay a steep fine no prob.

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •