Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 236

Thread: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

  1. #51
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    According to this, and several of your ensuing posts, you are accusing me of being morally depraved, being a republican, and being a bigoted white supremacist.
    If you fight against any and every attempt to counter racism, then yes, that would make you a white supremacist and morally depraved. Obviously the kind of kneejerk opposition to attempts to fight racism is, and has always been, the cornerstone of white supremacy.

    Not necessarily a Republican. You've inverted the logic there a bit. I said that the Republican party is becoming a white supremacist party. That doesn't mean all white supremacists or all people who fight against anti-racism stuff are Republican. It's like if I say apples are fruits that doesn't mean all fruits are apples.

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Before I respond to these accusations teamsoil, can you explain to me why you despise racism and bigotry please? If you think such things are immoral, can you please explain why?
    Because it causes devastating harm to millions of innocent people of course. Take just one aspect of racism- employment discrimination. If a white person and a black person apply for the same job with the same resume, the white person is 2.4 times more likely to get an interview. What that means is that about 3 out of 7 times a black person applies for a job, they are being denied that job because of the color of their skin. So, think back through your life. What would things have been like if you removed 3 out of 7 jobs you've had at random? Would you have been able to get your current job with those holes in your resume? What kind of school would your kids go to? Would you have started drinking or doing drugs at some point because of the pressure? Would you have turned to crime? Would you have been on public assistance at some point? Would your wife have left you? Well, that is the harm inflicted by racism. And that is only just one aspect of it. If you were black, racism would also make it harder for you to get people to rent apartments to you and harder to get home loans. You would be more likely to be arrested for a crime you didn't commit. You would be 28 times more likely to be violently attacked in a racially motivated hate crime, and so would your wife and your kids and your parents. Etc. All of that is why I hate racism.

    Add on top of that the number of wars, genocides, slavery, etc, that have been committed in human history because of racism.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  2. #52
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Good for them, they can afford to lose the "Midwest" whatever arbitrary lines make it up depending on the week. Now try and lose Texas and win an election as a Republican. You absolutely can't.



    If it's been observed by a study, it's not alleged. If the study has been published and quantitative data backs it up, it's not alleged. Learn to use that word, learn about the Southern Strategy and then we can have a discussion. Until then? Well I welcome you to keep playing semantics and denial.

    https://www.google.ca/search?sugexp=...TF-8&q=alleged
    Southern Strategy is Republicans adopting economic Libertarianism (Dixiecrat'ism), nobody cares about race'ism.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  3. #53
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    According to this, and several of your ensuing posts, you are accusing me of being morally depraved, being a republican, and being a bigoted white supremacist.

    Before I respond to these accusations teamsoil, can you explain to me why you despise racism and bigotry please? If you think such things are immoral, can you please explain why?
    Isn't the term "bigoted white supremacist" a tad redundant?
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Imo, one of the main reasons that racism is still alive and well in America is because people just won't stop talking about it.

    I have lived in Canada and America for years.

    In Canada, there is definitely racism, there is everywhere on the planet. But it is a fraction of what is in America...even in cities like Toronto that are VERY multi-cultural. Why?
    Many reasons; but one of them (imo) is because people don't talk about it all the time because they don't think about it all the time.
    Every major news organization in America, EVERY day, mentions race. Every single day.
    In Canada? You would be hard pressed to find a news cast that mentions it...unless it's a feed from America.

    In Canada, for the vast majority, race is just another difference like height, weight, sex, hair color, wealth, etc.. It's just another difference that people have.

    In America, race is considered (by many) a VERY major difference.


    America will start to become a more tolerant society the day they stop yakking on and on and on about it.

    Anyone that thinks that the amount of melanin in one's skin makes a major difference as to what kind of human being they are at their core is completely ignorant on the subject.
    It's just another in a long list of differences between people.

  5. #55
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    If you fight against any and every attempt to counter racism, then yes, that would make you a white supremacist and morally depraved. Obviously the kind of kneejerk opposition to attempts to fight racism is, and has always been, the cornerstone of white supremacy.

    Not necessarily a Republican. You've inverted the logic there a bit. I said that the Republican party is becoming a white supremacist party. That doesn't mean all white supremacists or all people who fight against anti-racism stuff are Republican. It's like if I say apples are fruits that doesn't mean all fruits are apples.



    Because it causes devastating harm to millions of innocent people of course. Take just one aspect of racism- employment discrimination. If a white person and a black person apply for the same job with the same resume, the white person is 2.4 times more likely to get an interview. What that means is that about 3 out of 7 times a black person applies for a job, they are being denied that job because of the color of their skin. So, think back through your life. What would things have been like if you removed 3 out of 7 jobs you've had at random? Would you have been able to get your current job with those holes in your resume? What kind of school would your kids go to? Would you have started drinking or doing drugs at some point because of the pressure? Would you have turned to crime? Would you have been on public assistance at some point? Would your wife have left you? Well, that is the harm inflicted by racism. And that is only just one aspect of it. If you were black, racism would also make it harder for you to get people to rent apartments to you and harder to get home loans. You would be more likely to be arrested for a crime you didn't commit. You would be 28 times more likely to be violently attacked in a racially motivated hate crime, and so would your wife and your kids and your parents. Etc. All of that is why I hate racism.

    Add on top of that the number of wars, genocides, slavery, etc, that have been committed in human history because of racism.
    Do you realize you are exercising bigotry, using stereotypes and racially profiling me? You assume I am white without having ever met me, therefore you are a bigot.

    You also speak to me as though you know I have never been discriminated against. Is this because you think I’m white and you don’t think white people are discriminated against?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  6. #56
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Isn't the term "bigoted white supremacist" a tad redundant?
    “Bigoted” would be the adjective and “white supremacist” would be the noun. Indeed, it goes without saying that a white supremacist is also a bigot but there was a reason I included it.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,017

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Imo, one of the main reasons that racism is still alive and well in America is because people just won't stop talking about it.

    I have lived in Canada and America for years.

    In Canada, there is definitely racism, there is everywhere on the planet. But it is a fraction of what is in America...even in cities like Toronto that are VERY multi-cultural. Why?
    Many reasons; but one of them (imo) is because people don't talk about it all the time because they don't think about it all the time.
    Every major news organization in America, EVERY day, mentions race. Every single day.
    In Canada? You would be hard pressed to find a news cast that mentions it...unless it's a feed from America.

    In Canada, for the vast majority, race is just another difference like height, weight, sex, hair color, wealth, etc.. It's just another difference that people have.

    In America, race is considered (by many) a VERY major difference.


    America will start to become a more tolerant society the day they stop yakking on and on and on about it.

    Anyone that thinks that the amount of melanin in one's skin makes a major difference as to what kind of human being they are at their core is completely ignorant on the subject.
    It's just another in a long list of differences between people.
    Lol... utter nonsense. The reason you don't see racism is cause Canadian officials on BOTH sides of the isle have worked to make sure it's not even given a chance to be discussed. Try walking into a reserve and asking the Natives whether they think Canadian racism is only a "fraction" of what it is in the US. Actually, you don't have to travel that far out (I guess I should probably mention that most reserves in Canada were purposely created a great distance from major urban centers) - just go to Jane Finch and ask any of the locals what they think about "racism in Canada".

    Canada, the supposed land of racial harmony and people "not talking about racism" is also the land of racial genocides (the Natives), police getting off with slaps on the wrist after killing minority teenagers and my personal favorite: forced language policies which seek to "undo" the evil that English speakers who weren't around in the 20-30s and 40s did to the now self righteous Quebecois and their French language institutions.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-25-12 at 05:32 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #58
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,017

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Do you realize you are exercising bigotry, using stereotypes and racially profiling me? You assume I am white without having ever met me, therefore you are a bigot.

    You also speak to me as though you know I have never been discriminated against. Is this because you think I’m white and you don’t think white people are discriminated against?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #59
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Good for them, they can afford to lose the "Midwest" whatever arbitrary lines make it up depending on the week. Now try and lose Texas and win an election as a Republican. You absolutely can't.



    If it's been observed by a study, it's not alleged. If the study has been published and quantitative data backs it up, it's not alleged. Learn to use that word, learn about the Southern Strategy and then we can have a discussion. Until then? Well I welcome you to keep playing semantics and denial.

    https://www.google.ca/search?sugexp=...TF-8&q=alleged
    No, they can't afford to lose the majority of the midwest, judging by previous elections.

    Still no action proposed? Gotcha.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Anti-racism ad campaign in Minnesota town called 'racist' by critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol... utter nonsense. The reason you don't see racism is cause Canadian officials on BOTH sides of the isle have worked to make sure it's not even given a chance to be discussed. Try walking into a reserve and asking the Natives whether they think Canadian racism is only a "fraction" of what it is in the US. Actually, you don't have to travel that far out (I guess I should probably mention that most reserves in Canada were purposely created a great distance from major urban centers) - just go to Jane Finch and ask any of the locals what they think about "racism in Canada".

    Canada, the supposed land of racial harmony and people "not talking about racism" is also the land of racial genocides (the Natives), police getting off with slaps on the wrist after killing minority teenagers and my personal favorite: forced language policies which seek to "undo" the evil that English speakers who weren't around in the 20-30s and 40s did to the now self righteous Quebecois and their French language institutions.
    I have spent far more time at Jane and Finch then I bet you have. I was a crackhead in T.O. during the late 90's...I practically lived around Jane and Finch. And the ONLY ones that sold rock back in those days were 'blacks'. And I did not just buy from 'them'...I partied, socialized and had many friends in that area.
    I did not say there was no racism in Canada...there is.
    But it is far, FAR less then in America (especially in regards to 'blacks' - which was my main point).

    And what you are talking about is how minorities feel...not how they are thought of by the majority...which is what I am talking about.

    Sure, natives were treated lousy in Canada. So were blacks, Jews, Francophones, etc.. That was years ago. Decades.

    Other then the Canadian government refusing to grant natives freedom for their nations (which is not racism so much but the government refusal to give up the various lands and their natural resources - which I think is very wrong)...if you think minorities in Canada have it remotely as bad as most racial minorities do in America (especially 'blacks')...then you have not got a clue what you are talking about.

    Visit the worst part of T.O. or Vancouver or Montreal (I have been to ALL of them in the first two and most of them in the last one). It will look like an absolute paradise compared to the bombed out, war zones that are in many major U.S. cities 'ghettos'. Compare the murder rates.


    I am not going to have a pointless back and forth debate with you...I am right and you are wrong.

    Period.

    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-25-12 at 07:35 AM.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •