Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

  1. #11
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,762

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Nice. So the rest of the Dem contributors are where again? Dishonest graphic is lying by omission.

  2. #12
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Nice. So the rest of the Dem contributors are where again? Dishonest graphic is lying by omission.
    How is it lying?
    This is all of 2012 political contributions thus far to both candidates thus far...


  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,892

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    This ruling is no surprise. The right wing war against working people and their unions is in full bore and will continue. Eventually the pendulum will swing too far as the right wing overreaches. Then there will be a correction as it swings back.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #14
    Professor
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I look at this graph and I feel sad. All those people supporting the republican party, but according to this list, only labor unions alone support the DNC.
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!

  5. #15
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    I look at this graph and I feel sad. All those people supporting the republican party, but according to this list, only labor unions alone support the DNC.
    I agree, that's pathetic to only have one group that supports you, it just happens to be union thugs.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #16
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,762

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    How is it lying?
    This is all of 2012 political contributions thus far to both candidates thus far...
    No it doesnt. It includes one large dem donor and includes all the GOP donors and omits the Super PACs that are fueling Dem efforts.

    I take it you will accept TPM as a source? Meet the Democrats’ millionaire backers | TPMMuckraker

    I wont even ask you to source the graphic, I know its sources are probably suspect.
    Last edited by OpportunityCost; 06-22-12 at 10:05 AM.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Good site for who gives money to which party.

    Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets

  8. #18
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Good site for who gives money to which party.

    Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets
    Those statistics, need to be thrown into the face of every single liberal that complains about the Koch brothers, every single time they do it.

    Great find.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    494

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Those statistics, need to be thrown into the face of every single liberal that complains about the Koch brothers, every single time they do it.

    Great find.
    Yea but those same Libs don't complain about Soros, Buffet, Moyer and Clooney's donations to the Dems because ALL LIBERALS are lying hypocrites. That's just this Independent's FAIR and BALANCED observation on the situation.

  10. #20
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    251

    Re: Supreme Court rules against SEIU in dispute over union fee hike

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This ruling is no surprise. The right wing war against working people and their unions is in full bore and will continue. Eventually the pendulum will swing too far as the right wing overreaches. Then there will be a correction as it swings back.
    Out of curiosity, how exactly does prohibiting a union from forcing people to contribute to the union's political action fund as a condition of employment constitute a "right wing war against working people"?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •