Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 714

Thread: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over F&F doc [W:116/226]

  1. #641
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Me thinks you should take your own advice, noting on the bolded name calling, equating the political right as Nazi like is despicable, and you can shove that **** right up your ass.

    j-mac


    Glad you noticed.
    Last edited by Captain America; 06-26-12 at 08:21 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #642
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well then, tell us the truth about that crime you claim is being covered up. What is the crime, and who committed it?
    Good question. Release the docs and we'll all get to find out.
    So, in effect, you won't know what crime has been committed until you search the person's private papers. Of course, you have no legal reason to search the person's papers, because you have no crime you can charge them with. But you're sure that if you search the person's papers, without cause, you can find some crime they have committed.

    This is the patriotic support of constitution rights that the right is always patting themselves on the back about?

  3. #643
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So, in effect, you won't know what crime has been committed until you search the person's private papers. Of course, you have no legal reason to search the person's papers, because you have no crime you can charge them with. But you're sure that if you search the person's papers, without cause, you can find some crime they have committed.

    This is the patriotic support of constitution rights that the right is always patting themselves on the back about?

    Hehehehehehe......


    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #644
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, first and foremost the crime right now is lying to congress...
    Your link shows no evidence of that crime.

    1. The first memo is not addressed to the Atty Gen'l, it is addressed to the Atty Gen'l through the Acting Deputy Atty Gen'l. You therefore have no reasonable chain of custody that it even went to the Atty Gen'l's office, since it was addressed to the Deputy (unless you have evidenced that he passed it on to the A.G.)

    2. The second exhibit, emails, are not addressed to the Atty Gen'l.

    3. The third exhibit, an email addressed to the Atty Gen'l, mentions F&F in passing... one sentence over the course of three pages, which gives no details on F&F other than mentioning the name. Dated November 2010. You expect the Atty Gen'l to have photographic recall on one sentence in one email some six months later. If he does not exhibit this perfect photographic recall, then in your judgement he is lying. Riiiiiight

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then you have Holders absolute refusal to turn over documents to congress for oversight, that would be if I am correct obstruction of a congressional investigation [...]
    No, it would be executive privilege. Take it to court if you like, but it is no crime. At least yet... it appears that the 4th Amendment will be repealed by the patriotic right ASAP.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So now you have contempt of congress added in [...]
    Not yet, but facts don't seem to be the strong suit of your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So what is the answer of demo's/progressives to this? Why the race card of course! pathetic
    It does explain the lies and the hatred.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Look, this is a cover up plain and simple.
    To a conspiracy theorist, yes. The tin foil hat forum is a few forums down. Pardon me if I don't meet you there . . . . .

  5. #645
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Damn Karl!

    You don't mess around, do you?

    BAM!

    Great post.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #646
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    First of all, there is NO WAY that ONE ATF agent and a SINGLE U.S. DA in AZ were running, PUT IN CHARGE OF, an over $10 million dollar operation, in multiple locations within three states, involving hundreds (at least) of other agents in SEVERAL law enforcement organizations, federal, state and local and ALL of them just happened to lose their guns. [...]
    With such a sweeping allegation, I'm afraid you're going to have to supply some sort of organizational chart or something to help make your point. All facts available indicate the op was run of the the AZ area. You may also want to look at David Voth, Group Supervisor of Phoenix Group VII (source). I'm sorry I can't offer any evidence that will bring down the president, I really am. But you wouldn't want to do that if he's not guilty of anything, would you?

    The agents, operating out of office space in downtown Phoenix, clashed with Voth and the agent running the case, Hope MacAllister, who they felt ignored their concerns. Neither Voth nor MacAllister responded to requests for comment.

    Operation Fast and Furious: A gunrunning sting gone wrong - The Washington Post
    Has Issa deposed Voth? If so, has he released that testimony?

  7. #647
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Guilty people tend to be less cooperative.
    So a failure to cooperate indicates guilt?

  8. #648
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,693

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    With such a sweeping allegation, I'm afraid you're going to have to supply some sort of organizational chart or something to help make your point. All facts available indicate the op was run of the the AZ area. You may also want to look at David Voth, Group Supervisor of Phoenix Group VII (source). I'm sorry I can't offer any evidence that will bring down the president, I really am. But you wouldn't want to do that if he's not guilty of anything, would you?


    Has Issa deposed Voth? If so, has he released that testimony?
    So the two low to mid-level guys were offered up to take the fifth and that just ends it all? I don't have any reason to believe Obama was "in the loop", but certainly someone higher up he DHS/DOJ chain than these two WAS. If that was the extent of it then why not offer up ALL of the documents to prove it, swamp Issa and his staff with TONS of paperwork and shut him up? The innocent are USUALLY quite happy to cooperate. You do not lie for 10 months, retract that version, then stall for a few more months and finally boldly announce that you are not going to play nice any more. That does not look good even to Obama supporters (except maybe AdamT), you know, those that believed his "open and honest government" campaign lines.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #649
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,818

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So, in effect, you won't know what crime has been committed until you search the person's private papers. Of course, you have no legal reason to search the person's papers, because you have no crime you can charge them with. But you're sure that if you search the person's papers, without cause, you can find some crime they have committed.

    This is the patriotic support of constitution rights that the right is always patting themselves on the back about?
    What a bunch of trumped up idiotic bull****.

    Holder as a public official has NO, NONE, ZERO expectation of privacy in his capacity as a constitutional officer, he is under congressional oversight as a condition of his function in office.

    The only question I have is if you are of the intellectual level portrayed by your post or just desperate enough to have an emotional lever to use against those against you politically? Either way, this is a pathetic argument and should be enshrined in the basement for posterity.

  10. #650
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,818

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So a failure to cooperate indicates guilt?

    Failure to comply in court gets you what? A contempt citation. Whats Holder getting? A contempt citation.

Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •