Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 714

Thread: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over F&F doc [W:116/226]

  1. #581
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    They retracted the entire letter as inaccurate 10 months after the fact. That's why Issa wants the documents for that 10 month window, which would contain what the DOJ found out investigating F&F.
    Obviously they found out that guns had been walked. Like, duh

    Issa wants the documents because he wants Obama to lose the election. Like, duh
    Last edited by Karl; 06-26-12 at 02:52 PM.

  2. #582
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over F&F doc [W:116/2

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Actually, your post is overwhelmed with inaccurate information, since there is no conclusive evidence that "weapons transferred to Mexico under the auspices of Fast and Furious" killed Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

    Randall Terry is an American pro-life activist and candidate for the Democratic Party's nomination for President in 2012. He also founded pro-life organization Operation Rescue.

    I am underwhelmed by the repeated right wing attempts to use Agent Terry's death for their political gain, and in this instance while not even getting his name correct.
    Speaking of this, I remember the left using the headshot of a certain AZ congresswoman to lay the blame on Sarah Palin. If I were to dig through the posts, would I find you overwhelmed by that?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #583
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So, the Presidential invocation of EP is proof of a crime?
    Great logic there skippy. Simply allow no access to any evidence and say that proves that there was no crime, or cover up. Why is it SO hard for DOJ to simply say WHO let (or ordered) the guns "walk" and WHY? Everybody KNOWS what happened, 2,000 guns were watched as they disappeared (delivered to KNOWN criminals) and hundreds were killed with them, the investigation is now getting into the WHO and the WHY of the matter.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-26-12 at 03:16 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #584
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The difference is that Holder has been cooperating. He has testified before Congress close to a dozen times and turned over 8000 pages of documents. In contrast, the witnesses in the DA case flat-out refused to testify AT ALL.
    Holder has testified ONLY that he, personally, does not know jack, after over 18 months which, in and of itself, is BS. The questions are simple, WHO ordered F&F guns to walk and WHY. Those are not tricky and sneaky, politically motivated questions, they are common sense investigative tools to figure out WHY F&F went WAY, WAY wrong. MANY people have already died because guns were released TO KNOWN CRIMINALS by this mess, and more deaths will surely come as well. Simply ignoring the law and hoping to gain politically is not uncommon in this administration, even Obama likes this tactic. Yes he did!
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #585
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Great logic there skippy. Simply allow no access to any evidence and say that proves that there was no crime, or cover up. Why is it SO hard for DOJ to simply say WHO let (or ordered) the guns "walk" and WHY? Everybody KNOWS what happened, 2,000 guns were watched as they disappered and hundreds were killed with them, the investigation is now getting into the WHO and the WHY of the matter.

    damn, so similar to the situation where karl rove's sworn testimony was sought when investigating the illegality of firing assistant attorney generals for political reasons
    but that was barred when executive privilege was imposed

    were you opposed to the assertion of executive privilege then?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #586
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over F&F doc [W:116/2

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Speaking of this, I remember the left using the headshot of a certain AZ congresswoman to lay the blame on Sarah Palin. If I were to dig through the posts, would I find you overwhelmed by that?
    All of my posts from that time frame are protected by executive privilege

  7. #587
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Great logic there skippy. Simply allow no access to any evidence and say that proves that there was no crime, or cover up.
    What crime are you looking for evidence of?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Why is it SO hard for DOJ to simply say WHO let (or ordered) the guns "walk" and WHY?
    Your questions have already been answered. See post #537. Since the answers did not support your agenda, you ignored them. That is called denial.

  8. #588
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    damn, so similar to the situation where karl rove's sworn testimony was sought when investigating the illegality of firing assistant attorney generals for political reasons
    but that was barred when executive privilege was imposed

    were you opposed to the assertion of executive privilege then?
    Absoluelty. NOW I finally understand. Thank you, ever so much. Giving weapons to KNOWN criminal drug cartels that routinely kill people, is just like firing public attorneys that you don't like! How could I have POSSIBLY missed that glaring similarity?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #589
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,310

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well then, tell us the truth about that crime you claim is being covered up. What is the crime, and who committed it?
    Well, first and foremost the crime right now is lying to congress...

    WASHINGTON - New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

    On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

    Yet internal Justice Department documents show that at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.


    ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010 - CBS News Investigates - CBS News
    Then you have Holders absolute refusal to turn over documents to congress for oversight, that would be if I am correct obstruction of a congressional investigation, and others in that category. Remember this:

    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...estigating_you

    Sending 7,500 pages out of some 130,000 pages is NOT even close to cooperation.

    So now you have contempt of congress added in, and rightly so IMHO.

    So what is the answer of demo's/progressives to this? Why the race card of course! pathetic.

    That's Holder. Now in testimony he said that the President didn't know about it, now EP in invoked? Why? unless Obama did know about this....Look, this is a cover up plain and simple.

    j-mac
    Last edited by j-mac; 06-26-12 at 03:43 PM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #590
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Well then, tell us the truth about that crime you claim is being covered up. What is the crime, and who committed it?
    Good question. Release the docs and we'll all get to find out.

Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •