Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 714

Thread: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over F&F doc [W:116/226]

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Yes, but according to you that's every source that isn't a right wing blog. So the only thing you'll listen to is anything anti-Obama.
    it has nothing to do with me but the other poster saying he was using "reliable sources".... unless its the WSJ.. there is not many..

    but try this on as its on subject.. and quite rich with liberal hypocrisy.. which is all liberals have..

    Larry O'Connor 21 Jun 2012, 11:24 AM PDT 170post a comment

    How easy it must be to live your life as Al Sharpton does. Only the race-baiting NBC News star can look at the tragic events of the Fast and Furious scandal that ended with the death of a border patrol agent and see Attorney General Eric Holder as the real victim.
    In the Huffington Post yesterday, Mr. Sharpton likened the House Oversight Committee's contempt vote on America's chief law enforcement official to the NYPD practice of "Stop and Frisk" which critics call a racially motivated police state tactic.

    As I marched this past Sunday with tens of thousands in New York in opposition to the abhorrent practice of stop & frisk,' I couldn't help but think of our attorney general. Tattered down and publicly humiliated, AG Holder has been mishandled just like the young Black and Latino men (and women) who are demonized on our streets everyday. Chris Matthews of Hardball on MSNBC concurred: AG Holder is being profiled, stopped and searched.

    Sharpton informs his HuffPo readership that Rep. Darrel Issa's (R-CA) committee has treated Holder in a snappy and demeaning way:

    The highest officer of law and order in this nation has been ridiculed, scapegoated and handled as some sort of criminal throughout this 'investigation.' Turning over thousands of documents and overextending himself, AG Holder was spoken to and mistreated as if he were a child, and reminded that despite his esteemed position, he can and would be profiled.

    Of course, the good Reverend never provides an example or a link to back up his claim. The reader is merely left to trust Sharpton on his assertion of racist behavior. And why shouldn't we? After all, his charges of racism in the past have been spot-on and always truthful. When you have a track record like his, you don't need to provide evidence of your irresponsible charge, your word is as good as gold.

    Attorney General Eric Holder famously said that America is a "nation of cowards" when it comes to race. This was his first public pronouncement as the newly-sworn AG. If you tend to agree with Holder on this, can't we possibly excuse our hesitance to discuss racial issues on the obvious fact that race-peddlers like Sharpton use race as a cudgel to pound political opponents into the ground? In fact, Sharpton has made a lucrative career out of injecting odious racial politics into every single issue of American life...snip

    SHOCK: Sharpton Blames Holder Contempt Charge On Racism


    this would be considered right wing.. but can you argue with any of it?

  2. #382
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    this would be considered right wing.. but can you argue with any of it?
    First of all, that's one guy's comment on a story, so I would expect that one guy to be biased as we all are.

    Regardless, you're throwing out sources like the Washington Post simply because you think they're an "Obama cheerleader." (They are liberal, BTW). If you throw out everything that has been said by a Liberal source, isn't that just about everything according to many on the right.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #383
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    From the previously posted http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...2011Letter.pdf

    As I noted at the outset, the President, in light of the Committee's decision to hold the
    contempt vote, has asserted executive privilege over the relevant post-February 4 documents.
    The legal basis for the President's assertion of executive privilege is set forth in the enclosed
    letter to the President from the Attorney General
    I see where the Atty General is advising the POTUS to claim EP (in the not included letter), and the reasons he thinks it's okay to do so, but that isn't how a declaration of EP works. Where's the president's letter to congress asserting the privilege and explaining the legal reasons for doing so?
    Last edited by clownboy; 06-21-12 at 05:48 PM.

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    First of all, that's one guy's comment on a story, so I would expect that one guy to be biased as we all are.

    Regardless, you're throwing out sources like the Washington Post simply because you think they're an "Obama cheerleader." (They are liberal, BTW). If you throw out everything that has been said by a Liberal source, isn't that just about everything according to many on the right.
    I thought the articleshowed just how vile the Dems are on pulling the race card, how coordinated that race card defense is used..... its a well done article..

    can you argue with a line of the article?

  5. #385
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    I thought the articleshowed just how vile the Dems are on pulling the race card, how coordinated that race card defense is used..... its a well done article..

    can you argue with a line of the article?
    You're changing the subject.

    What source will you accept as "un-Liberal" enough from a decent newpaper or TV network?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #386
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    it has nothing to do with me but the other poster saying he was using "reliable sources".... unless its the WSJ.. there is not many. [...]
    All the sources the other poster cited were using, as their source, the actual FBI ballistics report or officials with knowledge of that report.

    Since the absolute truth of that report destroyed your argument, you ignored it and instead attacked those reporting the truth. The failure in that tactic is epic.

  7. #387
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88, replying to another View Post
    [...] What source will you accept as "un-Liberal" enough from a decent newpaper or TV network?
    Anything owned by Rupert Murdoch, it seems.

  8. #388
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007, replying to another View Post
    [...] this would be considered right wing.. but can you argue with any of it?
    Since it is merely ad hominem opinion, why bother to argue with any of it? Opinions are not fact, an observation that clearly escapes many. That the bullet that killed Terry cannot be linked to a specific weapon is, for all intents and purposes, fact (expert legal opinion). Any idiot can have whatever idiotic opinion about that as they may desire, but it does not and can not change the facts of the matter.

    Nor can it change the fact that anyone claiming a F and F gun killed Terry is perpetrating a falsehood; and by strict definition if they know it is false then they are lying.

  9. #389
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Well, Mr. I Hate Obama, I suggest you read the actual letter sent to the committee announcing the invocation of the privelege. http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...2011Letter.pdf
    Clever again. Supply a letter NOT FROM OBAMA. The DOJ can not define or claim EP, only the POTUS, perhaps they will update Obama's teleprompter script soon or supply him an updated EP request form letter, but that is NOT the word, so far, issued from Obama and the WH. I supplied the WH spokesman link, you counter with a DOJ lawyer's OPINION in a reply to congress.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-21-12 at 06:36 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    They did not "lift the rules", they ordered ILLEGALLY that the current law be ignored, so that they could let KNOWN drug cartel straw buyers flood the area with thousands of TRACEABLE U.S. bought weapons, hoping for headlines like "Mexican cartels execute hundreds using legally purchased U.S. firearms" and then get very strict gun control laws passed since even most, hard core, gun toting, rednecks hate the Mexican drug cartel thugs. ;-)
    Any proof for this theory?

Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •