Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 714

Thread: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over F&F doc [W:116/226]

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,384

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    That's pretty asinine. The Government illegaly sold guns to criminals. This thread isn;t about hoplophobia either, why is it you all want to talk about everything else other than the topic?
    Would you be as upset if we sold them pea shooters? I think not .It was guns and they are the problem. There are too many guns here and if we had gun control criminals would not come here to buy them. Isn't that what you are in such a tizzy about? Criminals buying guns and killing people with them? It happens every day in America, but only this incident bothers you?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 06-20-12 at 04:18 PM.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    This isn't meaningless BS.

    The best thing that could happen to Obama is for Rush to come up with something that is to distract people from this.
    They do have a new album in the works.. I hope its as good as Pemanant Waves... : )

  3. #173
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, they just stepped in it up to their knees! By invoking EP Obama is virtually admitting he had something to do with the operation. I mean, really, the buck stopped at Holder before and it was a reach to get to Obama. But not now. He could very well see articles of impeachment on this one.
    Even if(huge if here) Obama had nothing to do with the operation the EP could be construed as obstruction. People forget that the only president to resign.....Nixon.....did so because he knew he was out for obstruction(high crimes and misdemeanors) and it would have been a long, painful process. He became basically a convicted criminal pardoned by Ford for something ill advised was done without even his knowledge. Obama is pulling a Nixon moment here *if* he had no other knowledge of the operation, and worse if he did, unlike Nixon though, people died here.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So by that argument, I should be able to sell my guns to gang members with criminal records, because they would have had access to guns anyway.... right?
    I don't think you should supply gangs guns, but you know that they will get them anyway.

    BTW, I thought the right-wing mantra was, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

  5. #175
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    In this case the government provided the guns and allowed them to walk so please tell me how any type of gun control would have affected this situation.
    What? That is the entire reason for this fast & fuzzy cover-up. Obama wants NO guns sold, tighter gun sale restrictions would certainly have "prevented" these sales, as they would prevent ALL U.S. private gun sales. The gov't did NOT provide the guns, they only PREVENTED the the licensed private firearms dealers, the local, state and even other federal law enforcement officers from stopping the THOUSANDS of straw gun purchases, made by KNOWN cartel affiliated buyers, from PRIVATE gun dealers in the soutwest; they intended for people to be killed with them and THEN using that as "proof" (in the form of traceable U.S. gun serial number records) needed to call for tighter gun control laws to "fix" the problem (that they created).
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-20-12 at 04:21 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #176
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    That's pretty asinine. The Government illegaly sold guns to criminals. This thread isn;t about hoplophobia either, why is it you all want to talk about everything else other than the topic?
    Yep, just as they did in Wide Receiver. And of course they lost track of the guns in both cases.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #177
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yep, just as they did in Wide Receiver. And of course they lost track of the guns in both cases.



    Deflect, deflect, deflect, will you ever be discussing this case, and the invokement of the executive privledge or is it "but but the last guy did it too" an excuse enough for you? How many died under wide reciever, and when did "gunwalking" start?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #178
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I don't think you should supply gangs guns, but you know that they will get them anyway.

    BTW, I thought the right-wing mantra was, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

    I am a libertarian, and your argument, isn't worthy of a response, sorry.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #179
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    What? That is the entire reason for this fast & fuzzy cover-up. Obama wants NO guns sold, tighter gun sale restrictions would certainly have "prevented" these sales, as they would prevent ALL U.S. private gun sales.
    Come on, Dude; take off the tinfoil hat.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #180
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Would you be as upset if we sold them pea shooters? I think not .It was guns and they are the problem. There are too many guns here and if we had gun control criminals would not come here to buy them. Isn't that what you are in such a tizzy about? Criminals buying guns and killing people with them? It happens every day in America, but only this incident bothers you?

    A tizzy? I am still waiting for one of you to actually discuss the topic, not your cause du jour. Why are you happy that a border patrol agent was killed because holder's justice department's FandF operation.

    Why are you happy with the coverup?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •