Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Faux umbrage and tongue wagging. The very article cited says it is unsure just how important this warlord is in the region. He could have 12 followers.

    Attempting to blame the acts of a few on their religion would be like calling all Baptists to account because of the Topeka lunatics, all soldiers for the unlawful kill teams, all Catholics for a few pedophile Priests. Quit repeating the same bogus rants, get some new material.

    I guess I am a cynic but I'd bet a shiny nickle most here could really care less about children and vaccines, but it is a good reason to trot out the same tired pony to whip.

    For a several generations the polio vaccine has existed, no great push to vaccinate the kids of a third world dung heap, now that we shoot AT missiles at people who seldom see it coming... how 'brave' is that? we seem intent to put a good face on our actions. More so to play at home than in Pakistan to be sure.

    While I don't condone 'hiding behind children' I don't see as noble and brave shooting people with drones, the operator a half world away. The self righteous ranters here don't seem to see that creates more terrorists than it kills and in nations far away from the battlefield.

    The title of the thread is incorrect. 'A MINOR Warlord threatens to stop polio drops, many think he isn't powerful enough to stop his own piss'
    Well quite frankly you don't have a god damn what you're talking about as the people in Waziristan support the U.S. drone attacks, it isn't turning them into terrorists, in fact they have likened them to God's Ababils the holy swallows sent to smite the wicked (their Taliban oppressors) and much prefer them to Pakistani military actions which do not use sophisticated limited targeted attacks but includes artillery bombardments and indiscriminate firing resulting in mass casualties. And if you had even bothered to read the article (which terrorist apologists never do) then you would have realized this was more than a minor warlord:

    "Bahadur commands the faction of the Taliban based in North Waziristan, the district Washington believes is the main safe haven for the Haqqani network and other militant groups fueling the insurgency in Afghanistan."

  2. #22
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Tell 'em to piss up a rope, we'll do what we want.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    From CNN:

    A Taliban commander in northwest Pakistan has announced a ban on polio vaccines for children as long as the United States continues its campaign of drone strikes in the region, according to a statement by the Taliban. "Polio drops will be banned in North Waziristan until the drones strikes are stopped," said the statement, released Saturday.
    A terrorist action that should be treated by more drone strikes.

  4. #24
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Children are not pawns of war. Threatening to intentionally deny children life-saving medications for any reason is absolutely abhorrent. I don't care if it's the President of Pakistan, some hobo with access to local media, or AQs newest #2 issuing the ultimatum. It is still disgusting and completely unacceptable.

    Children all over the world are beaten, raped, killed, starved, kidnapped, turned into soldiers, born with a death sentence....if there isn't outrage because one more group of children is being threatened then I've lost faith in the priorities of humanity. For now it's just a threat to withhold Polio vaccines. What's next? Castration? Genital mutilation? Honor killings? Beheadings? Any person or group willing to risk the lives of children to further their own desires is reckless, dangerous, and worthless to the world.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #25
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Take your ethnocentric nonsense elsewhere. A minority militant group does not define an entire culture.
    It does, if that culture supports that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It does, if that culture supports that group.
    Let us know when you actually meet a muslim and attend a mosque. Because obviously you haven't.

    Thanks in advance.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    From CNN:

    A Taliban commander in northwest Pakistan has announced a ban on polio vaccines for children as long as the United States continues its campaign of drone strikes in the region, according to a statement by the Taliban. "Polio drops will be banned in North Waziristan until the drones strikes are stopped," said the statement, released Saturday.

    ...Bahadur commands the faction of the Taliban based in North Waziristan, the district Washington believes is the main safe haven for the Haqqani network and other militant groups fueling the insurgency in Afghanistan.
    It's not clear how Bahadur's decree will impact the polio eradication campaign in North Waziristan or in nearby districts, where he doesn't wield as much power.

    Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines - CNN.com

    Sickening threat, so I hope it's an impotent one.
    This proves two things.

    One, drone strikes are very effective.

    Two, the Taliban needs to be destroyed.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,875

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Furthermore, the US goes to great lengths to avoid civilian deaths and injury from their drone strikes. We DON'T deliberately target civilians in the hopes of getting one Taliban leader.

    I don't think anyone can say the same about the Taliban.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #29
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Seriously, f*** these people. It's one thing to be pissed at America for using drone strikes, but there is no fu**ing reason to bring children, who have done nothing wrong and aren't fighting anyone, into the mix. It's times like this where I wished I believed in God because then I'd know that there'd be a hell for these people to go to.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  10. #30
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Taliban to U.S.: End drone strikes in Pakistan, or no more polio vaccines

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    Well quite frankly you don't have a god damn what you're talking about as the people in Waziristan support the U.S. drone attacks, it isn't turning them into terrorists, in fact they have likened them to God's Ababils the holy swallows sent to smite the wicked (their Taliban oppressors) and much prefer them to Pakistani military actions which do not use sophisticated limited targeted attacks but includes artillery bombardments and indiscriminate firing resulting in mass casualties. And if you had even bothered to read the article (which terrorist apologists never do) then you would have realized this was more than a minor warlord:

    "Bahadur commands the faction of the Taliban based in North Waziristan, the district Washington believes is the main safe haven for the Haqqani network and other militant groups fueling the insurgency in Afghanistan."

    Your quote does not at all prove your argument that "the people in Waziristan support the U.S. drone attacks."
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •