Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 368

Thread: Teacher of the year is laid off.

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Tell it to her boss. It wasn't Republican's decision to lay her off.
    And where did I blame the Republicans? Please show me where I did that.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #12
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And where did I blame the Republicans? Please show me where I did that.
    I'm sorry, I improperly inferred the point of your argument. What were you implying?
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  3. #13
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Last in first out, it is the union way!
    Actually, it is that way even without a union. So, we should be honest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Surely there was another teacher that didn't preform as well as her that could have been laid off instead.
    I think we've been talking about this elsewhere, and all the teachers who were underperforming were already discharged. It wasn't like this teacher was the only one let go.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Tell it to her boss. It wasn't Republican's decision to lay her off.
    I don't think this a republican / democrat thing. It is a we have to lay off teachers thing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    I'm sorry, I improperly inferred the point of your argument. What were you implying?
    I'm saying whoever fired her was an idiot, and it is a disservice to the kids who would have had her.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #17
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think this a republican / democrat thing. It is a we have to lay off teachers thing.
    Right.. because it's a we're broke thing.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  8. #18
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I'm saying whoever fired her was an idiot, and it is a disservice to the kids who would have had her.
    How did that relate to my comment about the budget deficit?
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  9. #19
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Right.. because California under Jerry Brown and a Democratic majority put "Wall Street investors" before education . I guess you don't know what Prop 98 is
    Try reading up on the cause of the recession sometime.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Teacher of the year is laid off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    How did that relate to my comment about the budget deficit?
    If they had to fire teachers, they shouldn't fire the good ones.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •