Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 206

Thread: Texas Dad Beats Daughter's Molester to Death: Cops

  1. #21
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Well, we don't really know what happened. There are people who fall, bump there head on a wood floor in just the right place, and just die. For all we know the guy just landed a strong enough blow in the right place. Or, possibly, he beat the piss out of the guy for an hour. That's an option too.

    But either way, there's a problem with siding with the technical wording of the law here. In the moment, when someone is raping your daughter, or your partner, or you, or trying to kill you, or whatever else, when the hell do you know they're no longer a threat? When do you know someone capable of that much evil is no longer a threat?

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm not willing to take that chance until they're no longer showing any ability to move. And I think anyone with an intact sense of fight or flight would think the same. In reality, the "no longer able to move" standard is where a lot of people stop, because it's the only time it makes sense to stop.

    All this legalise is great in the theoretical, but in real life, how do you say to someone who's just been violently attacked, or watched someone they love who is defenseless get attacked, "you really should have stopped once he was no longer actively raping her?"

    You don't, because that's insane. If someone like that is still standing, or in any way capable of standing or even crawling, they're still a threat to anyone with half an ounce of sense in their head. He could have attacked the father. He could have taken the girl hostage. These are all things he could still do when he was no longer actively raping her, and therefore "not an immediate threat."

    You can say that doesn't hold up in law, and maybe in a technical sense that's true, but in reality people frequently face no charges for doing something that's technically illegal because the law frankly makes no sense in the real world, with the way real people are wired to behave in these situations, with the way predators are in the real world.

    Someone who is capable of raping a 4-year-old is capable of just about anything, and you'd have to be an idiot or just as big of a psycho yourself to stop short of "no longer capable of moving." People know that, even if the law doesn't.

    Telling someone they should stop shy of well and truly laying someone out is telling them that they should sacrifice their own safety or those of their loved ones in order to mitigate the risk of harm to a violent predator. Talk about having ones priorities mixed up.
    I agree with everything you said.

    I hate the notion that someone might hesitate in a situation like this on fear of "going too far." When it comes to something like this, "going too far" is until you feel the individual is no longer a threat.

    Unless some evidence comes up that shows otherwise, assume the man did it because he felt that it was the only way to keep him and his daughter safe.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I read about a somebody sentenced to prison for doing this very thing. He killed the abuser after the abuser was not convicted based on insufficient evidence, so that might make a difference... but it's hard to tell.
    yeah.. you aren't justified in employing lethal force ( or any force) months or years later against the perp.. it's no longer a defense issue when you do that.
    it's undoubtedly the difference

  3. #23
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I read about a somebody sentenced to prison for doing this very thing. He killed the abuser after the abuser was not convicted based on insufficient evidence, so that might make a difference... but it's hard to tell.
    You can't at all see the difference between the two scenarios? One is a calculated act of revenge, the other is an in the moment outcome.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old
    This little bit right here is enough for me to let the father go if I was on the jury. This act (child rape) is the WORST possible thing anyone could EVER do imo. And if he does get convicted of some crime or other because of this I would implore the governor to give the guy a full pardon. Not only because he did the right thing imo but also because his daughter will need him far more than some screwed up law that doesn't protect a parent in this kind of situation.

    For the father all I can say is...

    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #25
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Defense of a third person applies everywhere if it is the only way to save the life of a third person. But, it gets a lot trickier if the third person's life isn't in immediate peril. Some states only allow you to respond with deadly force if there is a threat to life or limb. Some places you can use deadly force to prevent the sexual assault of yourself or a third person if there is no other way to stop it.
    Wouldn't someone sexually abusing a girl count as sexual assault?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #26
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Texas Dad Beats Daughter's Molester to Death: Cops

    Texas Dad Beats Daughter's Molester to Death: Cops - Father hasn't been arrested

    Technically, I don't condone killing people....but I'm OK with this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #27
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Texas Dad Beats Daughter's Molester to Death: Cops

    Sounds like suicide to me.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  8. #28
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    I don't see this guy going to jail for this. Even assuming that they charge him, which is a highly unlikely probability to start with, there is very little way a DA will be able to get a jury without at least one person that would sympathize with the guy and say "not guilty".

    I think it would really be a sad day and would see much publicity if this guy was convicted of anything for this incident. (Like others have said, this definitely assumes the facts of the case are as straight forward as they are presented here.)
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #29
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Texas Dad Beats Daughter's Molester to Death: Cops

    Another monster removed from the world. The father performed a public service for everyone.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  10. #30
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    That's the baseline, yes, but it doesn't necessarily cover what this guy did. Once he got to the point where his daughter is no longer in physical danger he didn't really have any legally defensible right to continue to beat the guy. Don't get me wrong, the guy deserved a beating, but it wasn't necessarily lawful.
    Oh quit the bull**** - what was he suppose to do, legitimately? What would you have done? Pull him away from her and say 'hey man, that's enough. . . ' - or 'hey dude - maybe later' like it's some casual unimportant awkward situation like walking in on two teens screwing in the bedroom when they think you're asleep?

    It is NOT the Dad's fault this **** was a twisted disgusting freak and tried to violate his little child and couldn't take a few hits to the head in reponse. Why are you expecting the Dad to have been the one to tone-down and not over-react when this twisted ass was the one with the perverse and vile intentions to begin with? I wish my Dad would have been my hero like that.

    From the sound of things; the Dad is actually torn between his feelings = he didn't MEAN to kill him. In his mind and heart he was protecting his daughter with immediate and understandable RAGE. Not his fault this douch couldn't handle what he had coming to him.

    I'm sure it only lasted a very short while. . . in that rage-zone I don't imagine anyone would be capable of THINKING. . . don't pretend otherwise. . . any effort to create an 'other' scenario is stupid.

    I think it's obvious you and maybe others haven't *been* in such a situation; the though process isn't 'oh - he's trying to molest my daughter' - the WORSE case scenario is what presents itself . . . "he's trying to KILL HER" is probably more along the lines of what he was realy thinking or feeling. . . and anyone who denies that this isn't how someone who *is* being attacked or who *sees* someone else being attacked or groped just hasn't been in the situation and experienced it.

    When I was a child being molested I remember thinking and wondering if EVERY TIME if they were going to kill me - and if that would be a bad thing. . . I was 5. It's obvious you have no clue what the thought process is for the victim - at least she HAD someone to save her. Most kids don't even have anyone who will give a damn. . . and you have the nerve - not just you, others too, to expect him to maintain some sort of logical reasoning?

    **** logic = logic dictated to my ****ing parents that since we were al good Christian Protestants that no one would ever dare do that to any of us children

    Anyway - I just wish people would expect someone to somehow trump nature when it comes to the safety and wellbeing of hteir children. I do not - never will - expect that. If your child is in danger nature's most inate function kicks in full-gear . . . punish HIM for protecting HER - ****ing crazy. That's some middle eastern ****.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 06-12-12 at 12:19 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •