Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

  1. #11
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    And if he had this topic would be, "Obama drops Presidential duties to campaign in WI recall and support the unions."
    It's like that with everything with some of these people. Of course, you'd think they'd be thrilled that Obama ditched the Unions....

    We won't hear about this in the coming months. By the end of July it'll be back to "He'll do anything to help the Union thugs."

    BTW, that's a pretty impressive bus to be able to drive over everybody Obama's "thrown under it." The Unions, Israel, Hillary Clinton....
    Last edited by rocket88; 06-12-12 at 10:58 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Nice excuse, but it won't fly.
    And yet the counter-argument clearly is "he knew the Democratic candidate couldn't win. So, he side-stepped throwing his support behind him".

    So typical of partisan politics in the wake of so much scorn thrown at the President for...

    He plays too much golf.

    He campaigns too much.

    He always plays politics.

    He gets too involved in state elections.

    But wait...

    He didn't get involved enough in the Wisc. recall election.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 06-12-12 at 10:59 AM.

  3. #13
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,576

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    I think we both know Obama saw the polling data and knew it was a loser. So he chose to throw Public Service Unions under the wheels of the Obama bus. He also knows that they are dumb and will still vote for him.
    Sort of, but the real point is that Obama won WI big in 2008, so why make any "waves" there? As you say, he has the union vote AND had the majority of independents in 2008, as well. Many independents voted to keep their governor, NOT because they feel public unions are "bad", but because recall elections, over basic political differences, rather than any "wrong" or "illegal" actions in office, are just a plain old, silly, wasting of time and tax money. This recall election cost the WI taxpayers well over $50 million dollars, WASTED simply to keep their governor, that they elected only 1.5 years ago, in office.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-12-12 at 11:13 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #14
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And yet the counter-argument clearly is "he knew the Democratic candidate couldn't win. So, he side-stepped throwing his support behind him".

    So typical of partisan politics in the wake of so much scorn thrown at the President for...

    He plays too much golf.

    He campaigns too much.

    He always plays politics.

    He gets too involved in state elections.

    But wait...

    He didn't get involved enough in the Wisc. recall election.
    He threw Public Service Unions squarely under the bus in Wisconsin.



    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Where are the President's comfortable shoes to walk the line with Wisconsin Unions now?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    And if he had this topic would be, "Obama drops Presidential duties to campaign in WI recall and support the unions."
    Wasn't he campaigning right next door in Illinois and Michigan? Did someone post a thread complaing about that?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Obama is strictly a politician, he is not a leader, never has been never will. Everything he has done is a calculated political move. He gave the Unions the auto's and threw the tax payer and bond holders under the bus. He gave the environmentalist Keystone and threw jobs under the bus. He pushes green for the liberal left at the expense of the tax payer that does not save one drop of oil throwing the tax payer under the bus. etc etc
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Wasn't he campaigning right next door in Illinois and Michigan? Did someone post a thread complaing about that?
    I might be mistaken, but I believe the speeches he gave in those states at the time had more to do with national issues, i.e., the economy and jobs, and less to do with any state election if any at all.

    Getting back to Prof. Peabody's video commentary in post #14, it's interesting how folks skew context to their meaning. Clearly, the President was referring to unions within the labor force, not public unions. Even the anchor women in the video clip referred to "the labor force". This is a clear example of how the Right has masterfully convoluted political speak. They say "government" and most people automatically think "federal government" completely ignoring the difference between city government, county government, state government and the federal government. Same can be said of unions, i.e., labor unions contrasting with public employee unions.

    Context matters, folks....everywhere except in political speak it seems.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    He threw Public Service Unions squarely under the bus in Wisconsin.

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Where are the President's comfortable shoes to walk the line with Wisconsin Unions now?
    This post really shows off how juvenile you are. Firstly the stream of LOLs is just plain childish, that's how reasonable people form arguments. Secondly, the mockery shows off a level of arrogance I don't think you're knowledge and intellect justify. And lastly, what the hell are you even talking about? Metaphorical writing may be popular with the ignorance and self righteous, but the meaning behind it isn't always clear and I got a strong feeling you don't even know what you mean. So the President has lost his comfortable shoes, what exactly do you mean by that?

    Lose the gleefulness arrogance.

  9. #19
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Obama says he was too busy to campaign in Wisconsin recall election

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Getting back to Prof. Peabody's video commentary in post #14, it's interesting how folks skew context to their meaning. Clearly, the President was referring to unions within the labor force, not public unions.
    It's clear to you, not me.

    February 24, 2011 6:03 PM

    Liberals call on Obama to fulfill campaign promise, walk with Wisconsin union protesters

    By Stephanie Condon

    Back in 2007, then-Sen. Barack Obama said that if he were president, he'd be walking the picket lines in solidarity with workers if unions were ever threatened. Now, the president has that chance in Wisconsin, but the White House says President Obama has no such plans.

    On the campaign trail in 2007, Mr. Obama had this to say: "If American workers are being denied their right to organize when I'm in the White House, I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes and I will walk on that picket line with you as President of the United States."

    "Everybody is looking to the president on this one," she said.

    Protesters in Wisconsin said the same to the Huffington Post.

    "He owes it to us," said Kathie Free, a retired Milwaukee public school social worker. "Obama was not put into office just by the big money. He was put into office by millions of poor and middle-class people who walk the neighborhoods, talking to neighbors, getting the votes, and that's how Obama got in, and he has to start remember how he got in. He'd better start working for the middle class and poor people."

    Liberals call on Obama to fulfill campaign promise, walk with Wisconsin union protesters - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    I have it correct, the context you speak of is being skewed by your Lib Goggles.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •