Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

  1. #41
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Do you not know about the islamic concept of “taqiyya“?

    Why doesn’t this version from Fordham University contain your Adam and Eve part?

    Internet History Sourcebooks Project

    Because yours is a forgery:

    A Phony Last Sermon of Muhammad and the Fraud of Progressive Islam | FaithFreedom.org

    The authentics one is put together from the authentic hadith and sourced accordingly:

    The Farewell Sermon - WikiIslam

    Yours, however, have no original source provided.
    Why don't you cut down to the chase and simply state what you think should be done about Islam.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Why don't you cut down to the chase and simply state what you think should be done about Islam.
    Yes, cut down to chase. I wish islam would be outlawed like we outlawed nazism, communism and the destructive ideology of cults like Aum Shinrikyo, Order of the Solar Temple, Heaven’s Gate, Branch Davidians, People’s Temple, Unification Church, The Manson Family, etc.

    The atrocity committed by these cult members put all together pale in comparison to the atrocities committed by the followers of islam since its inception.

    I know it’s almost impossible to outlaw islam from the face of this earth. We almost come close during WWII but we missed the opportunity then. What I hope to do is to wake the world powers to put pressure on islamic countries to reform their religious practice to outlaw:

    1. killing apostates of islam, whether by individuals or sanctioned by state

    2. Do away with blasphemy law which carries the death penalty

    3. Allow freedom of religion and provide severe penalty for violators

    4 Allow freedom of speech, even criticism of islam and provide severe penalty for violators

    5. Ban the practice of marrying young girls to old men in the footstep of mohammad as example and give women equality without persecution.

    6. Outlaw the quranic teaching of violence against the infidels

    I am very certain that if islamic countries will allow these to their people, there will be a mass exodus of apostates from islam. When people are educated and informed, rather than being molded and silenced into obedient, islam will implode and self-destruction within a few generations without us doing anything drastic.

    These are reasonable request from their barbaric practice. I don't think it's too much to ask for islam to respect basic human rights.

    Of course, there are still many people who would want to protect this great evil to exist as a plague on humanity.
     
    Last edited by dolphinocean; 06-12-12 at 05:20 PM.

  3. #43
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    "All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action."
    thats from Muhammad's last sermon.....
    Ah, a 'reported' last sermon. There are many versions of that.
    How about...

    Medina, Islam's second holiest city, was originally a Jewish "settlement"

    [...]The Prophet Muhammad's pronouncement: "Two religions may Not dwell together on the Arabian Peninsula."13
    This edict was carried out by Abu Bakr and Omar 1, the Prophet Muhammad's successors; the entire community of Jewish settlements throughout northern Arabia was systematically Slaughtered. According to Bernard Lewis, "the Extermination of the Jewish tribe of Quraiza was followed by "an attack on the Jewish oasis of Khaibar."14

    Messengers of Muhammad were sent to the Jews who had escaped to the safety and comfort of Khaibar, "inviting" Usayr, the Jewish "war chief," to visit Medina for mediations.

    Usayr set off with thirty companions and a Muslim escort. Suspecting no foul play, the Jews went unarmed. On the way, the Muslims turned upon the defenseless delegation, killing all but one who managed to escape. "War is deception," 15 according to an oft-quoted saying of the Prophet.16


    The late Israeli historian and former President, Itzhak Ben-Zvi, judged the "inhuman atrocities" of the Arabian communities as unparalleled since then:

    ... the complete extermination of the two Arabian-Jewish tribes, the Nadhir and Kainuka' by the mass massacre of their men, women and children, was a tragedy for which no parallel can be found in Jewish history until our own day .... 17


    The slaughter of Arabian Jews and the expropriation of their property became Allah's will. According to the Koran,

    ... some you slew and others you took captive. He (Allah] made you masters of their [the Jews'] land, their houses and their goods, and of yet another land [Khaibar] on which you had Never set foot before. Truly, Allah has power over all things.18
    [...]
    Last edited by mbig; 06-12-12 at 05:48 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Ah, a 'reported' last sermon. There are many versions of that.
    How about...

    Medina, Islam's second holiest city, was originally a Jewish "settlement"
    Add to that, many muslims are proud of their prophet's violent history against the Medina Jews. You can see them held up posters during their mass demonstration or mass protest that mentioned about their prophet's genocidal acts against the Medina Jews, saying, "Remember Khaibar?", etc.

    These are the average muslims, not just the islamic terrorists.
    Last edited by dolphinocean; 06-12-12 at 05:52 PM.

  5. #45
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No where do you show that all these killings took place for Islam, only that they were committed by Muslims. Again, the differences between Muslims across the world, their regional and local issues, not to mention culture and tradition outside of Islam, gives them many different reasons to kill. Not every Muslim who commits an act of violence does so in the name of Islam, you have failed to demonstrate that.
    AGAIN:
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
    and Full explanation here
    TheReligionofPeace - About the List of Islamic Terror Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOne

    Just because North Sudanese Muslim troops are having skirmishes with South Sudan troops, who are mostly pagan, doesn't automatically mean they are doing it in the name of Islam. In fact it probably has more to do with the oil fields split by their new and undefined border. Just because Saddam invaded Kuwait in the 90s doesn't mean he defied all logic because Muslims are just "coo-coo for cocoa puffs," it had to do with oil and personal pride of Saddam. Just because a Muslim is killing someone, doesn't mean its done in the name of Islam, nor does it show that Islam is the only factor behind motivating these killings.
    I don't Have to prove the motive in Sudan or Iraq (or in EVERY Case) was particularly religious to show that Islam is particularly violent, and violent in it's cause. I have already provided plenty of documentation for the last Week, Month, Year, 10 Years, etc.
    Of course before there were mostly 'Pagans' there were two Million Christians and Animists killed in the First Sudan Genocide (1983-2003) which Preceded, or at least started, before 'oil'.
    The second Genocide, Darfur, was more Ethno-religous, with the Arabo-Muslim North genociding the Black-er Muslim Fur people. Islam is an Arab-centric religion and in many cases within that world, racist
    The Arab League Backed it's Sister country Sudan for many years in their genocide of the non-Muslims of the south.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone
    Your source simply lists incidents of violence by Muslims, but makes no attempt to analysis their motivation it simply assumes that its Islam. That's not good enough.
    That's an Utter Lie
    See above again for the links detailing violence and 'about' the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by thereligionofpeace.com-'About the List'
    This list of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims since 9/11/01 (a rate of about 4 or 5 a day) is Incomplete because not all such attacks are picked up by international news sources, even those resulting in multiple loss of life.

    These are Not incidents of ordinary crime involving nominal Muslims killing for money or some other non-religious motive. We Only include incidents of deadly violence that can reasonably be determined to have been committed out of Religious duty - as Interpreted by the Perpetrator."......"
    If had already characterized the nature Of the list, and just looking at it one can see it doesn't include ordinary/Common crime.
    Your post repeating the goofy claim, is either Dishonest or incredibly blind.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOne
    Lastly, Ive made no such assertion that Muslims have to be attacking "all non-Muslims (or other sects) all the time, for them to be considered Inordinately Violent" don't be foolish...
    You pointed to instances in which their motive wasn't religious as 'proof' they aren't inordinately violent in Islam's name.
    Therein was the Dishonest and Fallacious attempt.
    Still failed.
    Last edited by mbig; 06-12-12 at 06:04 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image


  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    These are Not incidents of ordinary crime involving nominal Muslims killing for money or some other non-religious motive. We Only include incidents of deadly violence that can reasonably be determined to have been committed out of Religious duty - as Interpreted by the Perpetrator
    So why point to their religion, could it not be possible that something about the culture, tradition, environment, of these people leads them to interpret Islam in that way? And if the website even says its the interpretation of the perpetrator, why are we blaming the religion and not the interpretation? Religion is something that can be interpreted in wildly different ways, perhaps its more accurate to blame these people for interpreting their religion the way they do.
    For example in the Old Testament, God demands punishments like exile, stoning, etc for certain crimes. The Jews of today never do such things however, yet it is in their Holy Books. Is Judaism a violent religion, or does it have to do more with the interpretation of it?
    And have we considered were Islam was used to justify an action they already wanted to take? For example your community neighbors another group with a different culture, tradition, language, etc and conflict starts over an issue to grazing lands for herders, your community becomes angry and demands a violent response and to help justify it the local Imam finds something in the Koran he interprets to justify a violent response.
    Would Islam be to blame in this situation? Would the community for wanting violence in the first place? The Imam for making a justification for it?
    And don't forget the expanded world of religious texts as well, for example "Just War Theory" as developed by Augustine is something held by the Catholic Church as a means to decide if violence is justified. No where does Just War Theory appear in the Bible, and its primaries referred to by the Catholic Church and not other Christian sects. Is it far to call it part of Christianity then? When its not in the Holy book and primarily used by only one sect, although a very large sect, of all Christianity? If someone used Augustine's Just War Theory to commit violence, would it be far to call all of Christianity violent?
    Islam is the same way, very diverse, and full of teachers and books throughout history which are not part of their Holy Book.
    It's not as simple as saying Islam as a whole makes people like this, in fact refering to anything about Islam in the whole is almost always inaccurate because it is so diverse. The term must be used so vaguely its normally meaningless.

    If you want to convince me you have to show that all other things being equal, a Muslim is more violent than someone else.

    And don't demand for me to prove you wrong, you have to prove yourself right.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Yes, cut down to chase. I wish islam would be outlawed like we outlawed nazism, communism and the destructive ideology of cults like Aum Shinrikyo, Order of the Solar Temple, Heaven’s Gate, Branch Davidians, People’s Temple, Unification Church, The Manson Family, etc.
    What country are you in?Because in America we outlaw ACTIONS not BELIEFS.We don't have "Thought Police" here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    The atrocity committed by these cult members put all together pale in comparison to the atrocities committed by the followers of islam since its inception.
    And all that still pales to the atrocities commited by christians since the days of St.Paul.Just saying.You wouldn't happen to be christian,would you.Because I really don't see atheists or any other members of other religions making such a big fuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    I know it’s almost impossible to outlaw islam from the face of this earth. We almost come close during WWII but we missed the opportunity then. What I hope to do is to wake the world powers to put pressure on islamic countries to reform their religious practice to outlaw:1. killing apostates of islam, whether by individuals or sanctioned by state2. Do away with blasphemy law which carries the death penalty3. Allow freedom of religion and provide severe penalty for violators4 Allow freedom of speech, even criticism of islam and provide severe penalty for violators5. Ban the practice of marrying young girls to old men in the footstep of mohammad as example and give women equality without persecution.6. Outlaw the quranic teaching of violence against the infidelsI am very certain that if islamic countries will allow these to their people, there will be a mass exodus of apostates from islam. When people are educated and informed, rather than being molded and silenced into obedient, islam will implode and self-destruction within a few generations without us doing anything drastic.
    How about we outlaw people who advocate outlawing thoughts,beliefs,and ideas also.I think thats a reasonable request also.These are reasonable request from their barbaric practice. I don't think it's too much to ask for islam to respect basic human rights..
     [/QUOTE]Isn't Uganda a christian country?
    And isn't homosexuality a capitol crime there punishable by the death penalty?
    What do you feel about that?

    And there are plenty of people who want to force christianity on everyone to combat this evil.You sound suspiciously like one of them.
    And lets say you manage to "outlaw" islam.What's next for your thought banning agenda.How about Atheism?Buddhism?Satanism?Judaism?Any belief structure that you do not believe in?Drawing attentions to the evil of others is how dictators get to commit their own evil.But thank you for the warnings about Islam.I'll be on the lookout for the "evils" of Islam at the same time I keep an eye out for the evils of people like you.Once people get a taste of power from oppressing people,it seems so hard for them to stop.[/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Of course, there are still many people who would want to protect this great evil to exist as a plague on humanity
    And now we get to the nitty-gritty.Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically "protecting" this great evil.Whatever you say,Shicklegrubber.

    Then you should join me in stating that any form of attempting to impose theocratic beliefs and laws should be outlawed,and that would include Christian Dominionism in this country.
    If outlawing beliefs is acceptable,why not include that?
    Last edited by Verthaine; 06-12-12 at 07:12 PM.

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but is anyone else suprised to hear Buddhists were on the other side of this? My education on Budhism is minimal, but from what I think I know, they are extremely peaceful and a turn the other cheek type of people. Did I get that wrong?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #50
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Do you not know about the islamic concept of “taqiyya“?

    Why doesn’t this version from Fordham University contain your Adam and Eve part?

    Internet History Sourcebooks Project

    Because yours is a forgery:

    A Phony Last Sermon of Muhammad and the Fraud of Progressive Islam | FaithFreedom.org

    The authentics one is put together from the authentic hadith and sourced accordingly:

    The Farewell Sermon - WikiIslam

    Yours, however, have no original source provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Ah, a 'reported' last sermon. There are many versions of that.
    How about...
    Which of course doesn't matter, all religion is forgery. What matters is that the overwhelming majority of Sunni Muslims believe in the versions that have the anti racist remarks in them. Whether Muhammad actually said them or whether he or Jesus even existed is beside the point, so long as most of their followers believe they did and believe these are their words then its all that matters.
    What actually happened is beside the point


    And of course, again, its silly to hold 20 million Saudis as representative of Islam and how Islam treats "Muslims of darker skin" when the bulk of those 1.3 billion Muslims are not even Arab.
    مثلي مثلك

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •