Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,913

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Why is it that muslims and their supporters always think that they are special than other groups and are entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems?
    I don't think anyone is entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems. Obviously extremism should not be tolerated or supported in any way, shape or form. Much like i don't paint everyone with the same brush and continue to selectively ignore the fact that millions of Muslims live peacefully, without harming others.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I don't think anyone is entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems. Obviously extremism should not be tolerated or supported in any way, shape or form. Much like i don't paint everyone with the same brush and continue to selectively ignore the fact that millions of Muslims live peacefully, without harming others.
    I don't like to do that either, but when it comes down to it you can't let evil ideology rears its head.

    Do you not speak out and condemn potentially violent religious cults such as jim jones' People's Temple cult or david koresh's Branch Davidians. Many of their members were children, women and old folks who simply want the best for their lives. Only a small portion of the followers were armed and violent. Those small group of violent followers certainly didn't represent the vast majority of the members who were peaceful.

    Do you simply ignore their core violent teaching and let the "religion" spread around to poison the minds of innocent people or do you try to expose their false and violent teaching?

    For heaven's sake, read the core teaching of islam and its violent history committed both against its own people and those whom they call infidels. They didn't even spare their own prophet's grandson and the caliph when it came down to politics and seizing of power. That's what islam is all about.
    Last edited by dolphinocean; 06-11-12 at 11:02 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    This topic is a joke, the OP is obviously bias and even admits to not having data but it doesn't matter because he already knows his conclusion is true. Truly I feel sorry for those who's bias blinds them.

  4. #24
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This topic is a joke, the OP is obviously bias and even admits to not having data but it doesn't matter because he already knows his conclusion is true. Truly I feel sorry for those who's bias blinds them.
    No, everyone BUT the OP is a Joke.
    Some "Data" below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I don't think anyone is entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems. Obviously extremism should not be tolerated or supported in any way, shape or form. Much like i don't paint everyone with the same brush and continue to selectively ignore the fact that millions of Muslims live peacefully, without harming others.
    No doubt you like the color pink and Apple Pie too.
    "millions of Muslims live peacefully"!! Well, that's quite the claim!
    I'd go "Hundreds of millions" of the 1.5 Billion. So?

    That wouldn't change the Fact that Islam is Inordinately violent. And violent because of/In the Name of Islam.
    And to others... NO, "Christianity does NOT have it's share", at least not in the name of religion.

    Take say.. the last week, month:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.thereligionofpeace.com
    Weekly Jihad Report
    Jun . 02 - Jun. 08

    Jihad Attacks: 37
    Allahu Akbars*: 6
    Dead Bodies: 347
    Critically Injured: 535
    *Suicide Attacks

    - - - - - - -

    Monthly Jihad Report
    May, 2012

    Jihad Attacks:185
    Countries: 19
    Religions: 5
    Dead Bodies: 935
    Critically Injured: 2235
    And those are not petty or common crimes which they have as well, but Only crimes committed in the Name of Islam against non-Muslims or other Muslims of a different sect. And of course the above and below lists are in no way complete as in many places in ie, Sudan, Afghan. Pakistan, there are simply no reports/reporters.
    Yup, you'll see the same, week in/week out.

    The last 30 days in detail, at least the ones that have been witnessed, reported, and made Int'l news.
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
    Last edited by mbig; 06-11-12 at 11:28 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This topic is a joke, the OP is obviously bias and even admits to not having data but it doesn't matter because he already knows his conclusion is true. Truly I feel sorry for those who's bias blinds them.
    The joke is on you for self-imposed blindness.

    There are more than plenty of data collected by various sources over the years since 9/11. Many many much more data than can be said of other religious cults world wide combined, including jim jones' cult of people's temple and david koresh's branch davidian. But, nobody cry foul for their demise even though they all combined didn't even come close to what islam's prophet committed and his present day followers committed in violence and bloodsheds.

    I believe islam is a dark force that can, not only blind the eyes of the multitudes, but also their souls.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,913

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    No doubt you like the color pink and Apple Pie too.
    Not particularly.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    "millions of Muslims live peacefully"!! Well, that's quite the claim!
    I'd go "Hundreds of millions" of the 1.5 Billion. So??
    If hundreds of Millions of Muslims do manage to live peacefully then their interpretation of the Qur'an is obviously not the same as Bin Ladens or other extremists.


    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    And NO, "Christianity does NOT have it's share", at least not in the name of religion.?
    I never mentioned Christianity?
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    When you take something as complex as violence across the world, from places as different and far away as Africa, Europe, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, to Indonesia. They have different histories, languages, culture, traditions, regional problems, their belief in Islam falls into thousands of sects and sub-sects with different traditions, each as different and diverse as everything else about them.

    YET, you want us to focus on one simple commonality and blame that for everything, that being the fact that they are all Muslims. That's why its a joke, you and the OP have stuck your head in the sands and denied the importance of everything else about people and want to just focus on their religion.

    And to make the joke even worse you want to apply this theory about why these regions suffer violence to individuals who are not violent, to regions where there is no violence. You honestly want me to believe that all there is to the entire world of Islam is Islam? That a Muslim in America is the same as one in Saudi Arabia, same as one in Iraq, same as one in Afghanistan, etc? The world isn't so simple, sorry to burst your bubble but thats the way the world is.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    When you take something as complex as violence across the world, from places as different and far away as Africa, Europe, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, to Indonesia. They have different histories, languages, culture, traditions, regional problems, their belief in Islam falls into thousands of sects and sub-sects with different traditions, each as different and diverse as everything else about them.

    YET, you want us to focus on one simple commonality and blame that for everything, that being the fact that they are all Muslims. That's why its a joke, you and the OP have stuck your head in the sands and denied the importance of everything else about people and want to just focus on their religion.

    And to make the joke even worse you want to apply this theory about why these regions suffer violence to individuals who are not violent, to regions where there is no violence. You honestly want me to believe that all there is to the entire world of Islam is Islam? That a Muslim in America is the same as one in Saudi Arabia, same as one in Iraq, same as one in Afghanistan, etc? The world isn't so simple, sorry to burst your bubble but thats the way the world is.
    Right here you hit the point when you said:

    "When you take something as complex as violence across the world, from places as different and far away as Africa, Europe, Middle East, Indian subcontinent, to Indonesia. They have different histories, languages, culture, traditions, regional problems, their belief in Islam falls into thousands of sects and sub-sects with different traditions, each as different and diverse as everything else about them."
    Everything about them is different, but when it come down to violence the islamic way, i.e. killing infidels for the cause of their allah, they all have this one thing in common: islam.
    Last edited by dolphinocean; 06-11-12 at 11:41 PM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Right here you hit the point when you said:

    Everything about themn is different,but when it come down to violence the islamic way, i.e. killing infidels for the cause of their allah, they all have this one thing in common: islam.
    You have no data, you have no real argument, you're simply stating it as if its the truth. What is your logic? Is that if two people kill, and everything about them is different except their religion, it therefore must be their religion that caused both men to kill? Did it not ever occur to you that people have many many many different reasons to kill and conduct violence?

    Let me ask you a question. When Saddam, a Muslim, started gassing the Kurds in Northern Iraq during the 90s was it Islam that motivated him? Did he kill in the name of religion?

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You have no data, you have no real argument, you're simply stating it as if its the truth. What is your logic? Is that if two people kill, and everything about them is different except their religion, it therefore must be their religion that caused both men to kill? Did it not ever occur to you that people have many many many different reasons to kill and conduct violence?

    Let me ask you a question. When Saddam, a Muslim, started gassing the Kurds in Northern Iraq during the 90s was it Islam that motivated him? Did he kill in the name of religion?
    Saddam killed the Kurds because first the Kurds are Shiite and Saddam is Sunni, second, it's politics. This has been like this since mohammed's death when shiite fought against Sunni for political power. They didn't even spare the prophet's grandson and the caliphs. Read the history of islam and its religious texts. It's violent from the beginning to now. No other religion is so violent from its core teaching.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •