Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 360

Thread: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

  1. #61
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Should be interesting this time...he's running against his twin brother. We haven't had a decent candidate to vote for in this country since Bill Clinton...and I would only qualify him as decent.
    I don't think Obama is running against his twin brother... I don't even think they are related.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  2. #62
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,643

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So it doesn't matter by how much or how often taxes are raised, where the people's money is spent, how much the government goes into debt, or how much crony capitalism there might be. All of this is out of the governments hands.

    Is the the defense for Barack Obama? Nothing is his fault and everything was out of his hands?
    That seems to be the very argument of many. Obama is a "nice guy" and means well so let him keep bumbling along. Any GOP candidate is "just like Bush" so never vote for one of "those guys". Yes he did!
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #63
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Frustrated liberals want more from Obama


    IMO, President is batting out of his league. He hasn't the experience, knowledge or abilities to be POTUS. We are all finding that out now - and in the hard way.


    So the Libbys aren't the only ones that are frustrated with his inability to fill the positin of POTUS.

  4. #64
    User ThongPounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    06-13-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Let's see, Obama has continued along with Bush's foreign policy, and what do we see Mitt doing...hiring massive amounts of former Bush advisers. Mitt raised a bunch of fees in Massachusetts so he could then lower state taxes. Guess what though...fees are taxes. So he took money from one area and gave it to another to give the taxpayers the false illusion that he lowered taxes.

    You failed to address Mitt's support of ethanol subsidies as well...I'd like to hear how you reason that one.

  5. #65
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,643

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Even if you're correct, which I don't agree you are, a wise man keeps quiet at the risk of being thought a fool. A fool opens his mouth and removes all doubt.

    I can't say those techniques don't persist, and it bothers me that they may. But we're no longer lying to people that things like waterboarding isn't torture. We've stopped giving credence to that lie. This is important. I also notice the military, hardly a liberal group at any level, has stopped leaking such abuses. It was the military as much as anyone who tried to stop the abuses Bush promoted.

    So, while I agree there is not enough difference, there are differences. real difference.
    Far better to put the "bad guys" on a hit list (using ??? as the criteria) and dispatch a drone to simply wipe them out (along with surrounding "friends"), than to "arrest" them, use force (torture?) and possibly get useful information from them, "try" them and sentence them to death. Indeed there are differences, but not nearly as big as you imply. ;-)
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #66
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Let's see, Obama has continued along with Bush's foreign policy...

    Absolutely untrue. Obama has snubbed our largest allies, as in Israel, and the UK. He has made a mockery of America in the eyes of the world so much so that Putin treats him like the little bitch he is, and now with the leaks coming out of his WH designed to make him look good for re election, he has our existing allies openly saying that they are skittish about working with us because his administration can't keep their mouth shut...

    and what do we see Mitt doing...hiring massive amounts of former Bush advisers.
    Are you kidding here? Obama has nearly the entire Clinton administration working for him.

    Mitt raised a bunch of fees in Massachusetts so he could then lower state taxes.
    A link was provided outlining the reasoning for this...I have to assume you didn't read it?

    Guess what though...fees are taxes.
    Yep, I agree, and your man Obama is ramping those up in the HC crap law in ways we don't even know yet.

    So he took money from one area and gave it to another to give the taxpayers the false illusion that he lowered taxes.
    Explain.

    You failed to address Mitt's support of ethanol subsidies as well...I'd like to hear how you reason that one.
    Any support of Ethanol at this point is pandering to the Farmers. Both sides do so.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Let's see, Obama has continued along with Bush's foreign policy,
    Which makes BHO an obvious liar.
    and what do we see Mitt doing...hiring massive amounts of former Bush advisers.
    And where do you see a problem with th
    is?

    Mitt raised a bunch of fees in Massachusetts so he could then lower state taxes. Guess what though...fees are taxes.
    No, they are not. Fees are based on user pays. That seems fairer than the person down the street being expected to pay for your government service.
    So he took money from one area and gave it to another to give the taxpayers the false illusion that he lowered taxes.
    In fact he did lower taxes and brought down the deficit, something that must be done on a national level in America and a problem that BHO has only built on.
    You failed to address Mitt's support of ethanol subsidies as well...I'd like to hear how you reason that one.
    I don't agree with those subsidies at all, the same way i disagree with Solyndra. Government should not involve themselves when the private sector can do the job more efficiently and with little or no risk to the taxpayer..

  8. #68
    User ThongPounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    06-13-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Absolutely untrue.
    Oh stop. Gitmo is still open...Afghanistan is still raging on at the pace Bush left it. Drone attacks. Troops indefinitely stored in Iraq. Foreign bases not going anywhere. Libya. The Bush Doctrine remains strong.

    Are you kidding here? Obama has nearly the entire Clinton administration working for him.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The point was that Romney is going to be an extension of Bush.

    A link was provided outlining the reasoning for this...I have to assume you didn't read it?
    You gave me Wikipedia...Thanks, maybe next time you can give me HuffPo or HotAir. Fees were raised to create the false illusion of a tax cut...use common sense here.

    Any support of Ethanol at this point is pandering to the Farmers. Both sides do so.
    Therefore it's OK? Supporting subsidies to private business is supporting government handouts. Mitt is in support. So you are either telling me he supports these subsidies, or he's lying about it to get votes. Mitt has never met an issue that he can't be on both sides of.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Oh stop. Gitmo is still open...Afghanistan is still raging on at the pace Bush left it. Drone attacks. Troops indefinitely stored in Iraq. Foreign bases not going anywhere. Libya. The Bush Doctrine remains strong.
    By detailing all of this you're only confirming what everyone knows. Barack H. Obama is a serial liar.

    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The point was that Romney is going to be an extension of Bush.
    Just as Obama , as detailed above, is an extension of Bush? Perhaps then it has become American foreign policy. Now the American people should elect someone foreign governments will be comfortable with, who can keep a secret, and who will support democracy wherever it has the chance to flourish. The fact that spending might come under control can only be a huge bonus.
    You gave me Wikipedia...Thanks, maybe next time you can give me HuffPo or HotAir. Fees were raised to create the false illusion of a tax cut...use common sense here.
    If there are any facts which are incorrect please point them out. User fees are not taxes. That should be quite clear. If you don't use a service you don't pay for it. Taxes cover all government services whether you use them or not.
    Therefore it's OK?
    As should be clear, I believe it is not okay. Perhaps you should reread my response before commenting on it.

  10. #70
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Oh stop. Gitmo is still open...Afghanistan is still raging on at the pace Bush left it. Drone attacks. Troops indefinitely stored in Iraq. Foreign bases not going anywhere. Libya. The Bush Doctrine remains strong.

    No, you stop. Either you really don't understand the geo political landscape, and what a true pull back from these things overnight would cause, or you are purposely ignoring the entirety of that quote, that you didn't address, in which case is transparently disingenuous.

    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The point was that Romney is going to be an extension of Bush.
    I see, so you get to attack Romney for calling on former Bush administration people, but when it is pointed out to you that Obama nearly made up his entire administration with Clinton people, you want to ignore that? Get outta here....

    You gave me Wikipedia...
    You don't even know who provided you the link, so why would anyone think you read it.....?


    maybe next time you can give me HuffPo or HotAir.
    Ok, why don't you outline right now what sources you accept, so that we can dispense with the usual silliness?

    Fees were raised to create the false illusion of a tax cut...use common sense here.
    Does one have to pay a fee if they don't use the service?

    Therefore it's OK?
    Who said that?

    Supporting subsidies to private business is supporting government handouts.
    I agree, however, if you are like most, I have the feeling that the businesses YOU think are necessary, are ok to subsidize....

    Mitt is in support.
    So does Obama

    So you are either telling me he supports these subsidies, or he's lying about it to get votes. Mitt has never met an issue that he can't be on both sides of.
    Yeah, what ever dude....Go ahead and write in Paul, see what that gets us....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •