Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 360

Thread: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

  1. #51
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,726
    I think Obama will win re-election in November, although I don't think that he should. Much like I thought Bush shouldn't have won the 2004 election, but still did. The similarities between GWB and BHO are uncanny, and like Bush's re-election bid opponent, I don't think that Obama's opponent is strong enough to unseat the sitting president. We'll see, and I hope that I'm wrong.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by 00timh View Post
    So then by your statement, Clinton gets zero credit for the economic boom of the 90's? Hell, even I had given him some.
    No he doesn't. He and congress get some credit for getting the budget in the black. But the economy was both thriving on it's own and setting up the next problem. Government can do some minor things, but overall, the economy functions and doesn't function well regardless of government. For government to control the economy, they would have to have control, as in like China.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    The only difference is that one was bold and was forced to shoot his mouth off and the other is not. And enhanced interrogation techniques persist. We just don't talk about it anymore. Just like GITMO. Hell, even the use of dogs is ignored now. You have to admit how very passive CNN and Democrats have become. Crap they used to whine about is acceptable enough to ignore today. And FOX doesn't hit on these matters because they would appear as hypocrits for defending it under Bush. It's all BS and there really is no difference between the two. Why do you think Obama was quick to "forgive" the waterboarding under Bush once he entered the White House? The White House may have changed color, but the world did not. It was the same under Clinton. Bush was unlucky enough to have to be the face when all of this was being blasted in the media and protestors forced definitions and explanations in the heat of shallow protesting.
    Even if you're correct, which I don't agree you are, a wise man keeps quiet at the risk of being thought a fool. A fool opens his mouth and removes all doubt.

    I can't say those techniques don't persist, and it bothers me that they may. But we're no longer lying to people that things like waterboarding isn't torture. We've stopped giving credence to that lie. This is important. I also notice the military, hardly a liberal group at any level, has stopped leaking such abuses. It was the military as much as anyone who tried to stop the abuses Bush promoted.

    So, while I agree there is not enough difference, there are differences. real difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,849

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Had Obama not implemented any health care reform... yes I think he would have.
    Okay...though I wonder how you arrive at that opinion.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No he doesn't. He and congress get some credit for getting the budget in the black. But the economy was both thriving on it's own and setting up the next problem. Government can do some minor things, but overall, the economy functions and doesn't function well regardless of government. For government to control the economy, they would have to have control, as in like China.
    So it doesn't matter by how much or how often taxes are raised, where the people's money is spent, how much the government goes into debt, or how much crony capitalism there might be. All of this is out of the governments hands.

    Is the the defense for Barack Obama? Nothing is his fault and everything was out of his hands?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I think Obama will win re-election in November, although I don't think that he should. Much like I thought Bush shouldn't have won the 2004 election, but still did. The similarities between GWB and BHO are uncanny, and like Bush's re-election bid opponent, I don't think that Obama's opponent is strong enough to unseat the sitting president. We'll see, and I hope that I'm wrong.
    I don't believe that will happen as the majority of the American are just too intelligent to elect this guy twice. Once was an experiment but I doubt they will put the economic well being of their country at serious risk in order to prove a point they've already made.

  7. #57
    User ThongPounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    06-13-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Should be interesting this time...he's running against his twin brother. We haven't had a decent candidate to vote for in this country since Bill Clinton...and I would only qualify him as decent.

  8. #58
    User ThongPounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    06-13-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I don't believe that will happen as the majority of the American are just too intelligent to elect this guy twice. Once was an experiment but I doubt they will put the economic well being of their country at serious risk in order to prove a point they've already made.
    Like Mitt would do anything differently. He's the same guy. He crafted Obama's healthcare plan. He's a known tax raiser, look at his record in Massachusetts where he created 33 new fees out of thin air and raised another 57 of them. The man supports government welfare to private business as evidenced by his support of ethanol subsidies. This guy almost makes John Kerry look like a good candidate.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Like Mitt would do anything differently. He's the same guy. He crafted Obama's healthcare plan. He's a known tax raiser, look at his record in Massachusetts where he created 33 new fees out of thin air and raised another 57 of them. The man supports government welfare to private business as evidenced by his support of ethanol subsidies. This guy almost makes John Kerry look like a good candidate.
    He's not the same guy at all. He's had a tremendous record of success in business as well as vast administrative experience whereas Barack Obama has had neither, and little significant success anywhere in his lifetime.

    What's important is that its clear Barack Obama is a failure on every level. By any measurement, Mitt Romney would do better.perhaps you should familiarize yourself with his history, as well as the reason behind those "new fees".

    Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  10. #60
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Should be interesting this time...he's running against his twin brother. We haven't had a decent candidate to vote for in this country since Bill Clinton...and I would only qualify him as decent.
    Actually we have had quite a few, they just didn't get a major party nomination. ;-)
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •