Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 360

Thread: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, nothing new here. The American non-Thinker has been dealt with many times. It is koolaid central. And it says a lot about anyone who uses it as a source.
    And where is anything in that article at variance with the facts? Do you know?

    You haven't actually read it, have you?

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I have.

    I get the impression, not just from you but from most on the left that one cannot be strongly influenced by Radical Karl unless one is precisely and exactly everything that Radical Karl wrote. Of course that is just silly.

    The one term Marxist flexible president Barrack Hussein Obama surrounded himself with anti-capitalist, Utopian radicals. He surrounded himself with Marxists, communists, socialists, and all the rest of the left-debris that occupy our colleges and universities.

    But connecting the dots in hard unless the pattern you are looking for fits precisely. And that is why many of the OTFPBHO supporters consistently get it wrong.
    The intellectually challenged leftists don't seem to understand that all of this is incremental, or they are quietly supporting it.

    When Obama complains about the Supreme Court or the Constitution limiting his powers we should have at least a modest understanding of where this guy is at. They seem to sincerely believe that for Obama to be a Marxist he would have to admit it openly in a speech from the White House or have turned the US into a Marxist economy in his first term.

    Even then they'd probably still be in denial.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And where is anything in that article at variance with the facts? Do you know?

    You haven't actually read it, have you?
    Please, we're talking about American non-Thinker here. Be serious.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Please, we're talking about American non-Thinker here. Be serious.
    So, in post 309, you were lying when you said you actually read the article?

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    I'm not on the left. Again, if someone disagrees with you, they are not automatically a member of the "Left."
    But that is the way to bet. Congratulations for not being on the left. I did say "not just you, but from most on the left..."

    No he didn't. Ever heard of Robert Gates? Go check his part affiliation. Try again.
    You have one example? Who do I believe? You? Or the one term Marxist himself?

    Also, universities aren't leftists.
    No? Just a very large number of professors. I suspect that once one gets out of the sciences and engineering courses most are closet or professed leftists. Some are radicals.

    If you are making that argument then those that seek higher education are "Left." And, if your opposition is more educated, does that not make you foolish?
    This was just plain, old dumb. I cannot recall ever saying that those who seek higher educations are left(ists). But many of the people who teach at the university level are. My education is just fine. I have a masters degree is something that is not soft and squishy. Maybe that is why I am a senior engineering manager on a large program.

    "Connecting the dots?" What're you Glenn Beck now?
    No. Just a former intelligence officer who connected the dots for nearly 20 years. But I would gladly emulate Glenn Beck if I had the talent to do so.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I am? Support that.
    You make the claim that you are liberal. That is sufficient evidence.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    What is it, specifically, that Mr. Marx wrote that you deem radical?
    I am not going there. Pearls before swine and all of that. It would be a waste of my time. And no one would be swayed. Least of all you. Nice try though.

  8. #328
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    You make the claim that you are liberal. That is sufficient evidence.
    Only to a koolaid drinker who reads the American non-Thinker.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So, in post 309, you were lying when you said you actually read the article?
    Nope. Not one bit. Nor was it the first time. However, seriously, once you've read that silliness once, you know logic is lost and blinders for thier readers are on. So, there is no point in addressing the article, as the entire premise is so skewed as to make reasoned discussion impossible. It really is the sewer of political discourse.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #330
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    But that is the way to bet. Congratulations for not being on the left. I did say "not just you, but from most on the left..."
    Poor word choice on your choice, then.


    You have one example? Who do I believe? You? Or the one term Marxist himself?
    You said:

    "The one term Marxist flexible president Barrack Hussein Obama surrounded himself with anti-capitalist, Utopian radicals.He surrounded himself with Marxists, communists, socialists, and all the rest of the left-debris that occupy our colleges and universities."

    I invalidated your statement with the example of Robert Gates. He is a registered Republican.

    No? Just a very large number of professors. I suspect that once one gets out of the sciences and engineering courses most are closet or professed leftists. Some are radicals.
    Really? Why do you say that? Any evidence to support your claims?

    This was just plain, old dumb. I cannot recall ever saying that those who seek higher educations are left(ists). But many of the people who teach at the university level are. My education is just fine. I have a masters degree is something that is not soft and squishy. Maybe that is why I am a senior engineering manager on a large program.
    Well if those professors are these "leftist, anti-union, anti-capitalist, communist, socialist, and Marxist Leftists" then they had to receive an education somewhere and the ones that teach are often higher educated, thus, it is logically consistent to deduce those "Leftists" are better educated.

    No. Just a former intelligence officer who connected the dots for nearly 20 years. But I would gladly emulate Glenn Beck if I had the talent to do so.
    Really? I doubt you were a former intelligence officer. Emulate Glenn Beck? You'd be an alcoholic and drug abuser? Good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •