Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 360

Thread: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    You go looking for intellectual stimulation, and you get this.
    Where did Barack Obama say he was looking for "intellectual stimulation"?

    In fact he gave the reason for his involvement with Marxists, etc. Nowhere did he mention intellectual stimulation at all. That's your invention, and way off the mark.

  2. #262
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Oh really, you don't think people care that Romney is a Mormon?
    People care. In the same sense people care if Obama is Muslim. There is no restriction on it, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  3. #263
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course you can be Muslim and be President, or a Marxist and be president. No one is debating that.

    Barack H. Obama used his middle name at his inauguration. If he's not sensitive about it you shouldn't be either.
    I'm not sensitive about it. I just don't support it being used in a malicious, subconscious maneuver attempting to discredit the opposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    I'm not sensitive about it. I just don't support it being used in a malicious, subconscious maneuver attempting to discredit the opposition.
    There seems to be a heightened sensitivity towards the very vulnerable Barack Hussein Obama that was never there for George Walker Bush. There was, and still is, no lack of maliciousness directed at him. There shouldn't be any double standards.

  5. #265
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There seems to be a heightened sensitivity towards the very vulnerable Barack Hussein Obama that was never there for George Walker Bush. There was, and still is, no lack of maliciousness directed at him. There shouldn't be any double standards.
    I don't really care about attacks against Obama - it's clearly BS, falsified attacks that I'm against.

    Have I said don't attack Obama? Have I said it's ok to attack Bush? No. Nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not the quote, it's the silly interpretation of the quotes.
    How do you think they should be interpreted?

    Do you feel BHO didn't express himself clearly enough?

  7. #267
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There seems to be a heightened sensitivity towards the very vulnerable Barack Hussein Obama that was never there for George Walker Bush. There was, and still is, no lack of maliciousness directed at him. There shouldn't be any double standards.
    The people attacking George Walker Bush were not racists.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How do you think they should be interpreted?

    Do you feel BHO didn't express himself clearly enough?
    With some intelligence?

    Seriously, some honesty and intelligence. He isn't remotely Marxist.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Out of curiosity, and suspecting I'd find shennanigans, I researched your quote. You wrote:



    The entire quote is:


    The introductory clause, in bold, would seem to be operative in understanding the actions described in that paragraph. Furthermore, I would see it as intellectually stimulating to seek out the types of people he mentioned, to discuss various ideas and ideologies while testing and measuring your own. However, for, say, a straight-jacketed xenophobe educated on a steady diet of propaganda, I can see where such associations would cause irrational fear.
    Grant, you should revisit this post #248. Karl has more patience for dealing with the same silliness than I do. Your link even admits it has not time for context. However, meaning is found in context. Only an idoit avoids looking at things in context.

    So, like I said, interpret with honesty and intellect, and you'll do much better.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #270
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Grant, you should revisit this post #248. Karl has more patience for dealing with the same silliness than I do. Your link even admits it has not time for context. However, meaning is found in context. Only an idoit avoids looking at things in context.

    So, like I said, interpret with honesty and intellect, and you'll do much better.

    Ok, so Obama is not a Marxist, but he hangs out with them, for intellectual stimulation. He surrounds himself with radical ideas, and radical people, all because it is only what? the fascination? Come on, and you say that others are not being honest? Really?

    Look, if any republican, or conservative were to have kicked off their career in the home of David Duke, and were bringing in and taking money from staunch union busting forces, and saying and doing things to fundamentally transform america in the opposite direction, you'd be in here saying the exact opposite things concerning the leanings in the political spectrum, and ideology of that President.

    You take unnecessary jabs at former republican Presidents, much of which you get wildly wrong, and make silly inflammatory statements designed to flame your debate opponents here, use mockery, and vagueness of expressed thought purposely as a tactic, then laughably assert honesty as a virtue that you are holding? Don't make me sick so early in the morning.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •