Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 360

Thread: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

  1. #121
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Again, Obama promised to close GITMO his 1st year, yes? What happened? My guess he found out being a community organizer didn't give you the experience, chops, abilities to be the POTUS.

    One man's horrible/bad war is another man's good/swell war. How about Obama's war? I guess you are in support of the Afghan war, yes? That's a good war, yes?

    Now I'm sure you have, at your finger tips, . . . that list of laws that Bush and his crew broke and were prosecuted for, and will be posting it next, yes? Thanks.
    I've linked what happened. Why are you pretending this hasn't been answered. He signed the order, republicans started fear mongering and congress caved. That is what happened, you have been answered.

    And, not, the war never has smelled good. But Obama could never change what Bush did. Bush's action are not erased once someone else takes over, and it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

    And yes, he broke laws. He used torture. That allow was enough to hinder him in a court of law. He had no faith in American ideals, and his actions harmed everyone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Rule of what law?
    Yep. Rule of law. You're not new to this are you?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Again, Obama promised to close GITMO his 1st year, yes? What happened? My guess he found out being a community organizer didn't give you the experience, chops, abilities to be the POTUS.

    One man's horrible/bad war is another man's good/swell war. How about Obama's war? I guess you are in support of the Afghan war, yes? That's a good war, yes?

    Now I'm sure you have, at your finger tips, . . . that list of laws that Bush and his crew broke and were prosecuted for, and will be posting it next, yes? Thanks.
    I recall laughing at those who were wanting Gitmo closed and having public trials. It obviously meant that terrorists would instead be interrogated and killed in the field, and that's just what thankfully happening. These scum are more trouble than they're worth and its best to just off them elsewhere.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a cop out. You libs talk a good game, but when it comes down to putting up or shutting up, all libs can do is blame others for their own cowardice.

    j-mac
    Do try to make sense j. What part of democrats caved is making excuses?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yep. Rule of law. You're not new to this are you?
    Okay, whose law are you referring to?

  6. #126
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Okay, whose law are you referring to?
    Due process


    Torture

    The war itself breaking agreements we signed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Due process


    Torture

    The war itself breaking agreements we signed.
    Enemy terrorists require due process? When did the Supreme Court decide this?

    Which agreements with which countries are you referring to?

  8. #128
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Enemy terrorists require due process? When did the Supreme Court decide this?

    Which agreements with which countries are you referring to?

    Great, this is where Joe gets to derail the entire thread launching off on an argument he has been losing soundly since his days as JD3.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #129
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Enemy terrorists require due process? When did the Supreme Court decide this?

    Which agreements with which countries are you referring to?
    Hasn't gone before the court to my knowledge, but due process is out law, isn't it? Anyone we hold is subject to our laws. Not because of who they are but because of who we are. If you call them soliders, follow the GC. If you say they are not, then they are subject to our laws as criminals.

    The agreement we signed with the UN. We broke our agreement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Great, this is where Joe gets to derail the entire thread launching off on an argument he has been losing soundly since his days as JD3.

    j-mac
    Didn't know we had any score boards, but being right isn't losing, j

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •