Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 360

Thread: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

  1. #91
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, it matters. But, I think you're leaping to conclusions. Blacks had run before and not won. There had to be a perception that he was the better choice. I still think he was the better choice.
    Well if you remember, the choice was to either vote for "Hope and Change" or Bush II, because a "Vote for McCain is a vote for Bush." As I have shown before, there had virtually no change between Bush and Obama. At least with McCain we wouldn't have had four years of express focus on Health Care at the expense of everything else. Hispanic voters are disillusioned. Black voters are disillusioned. Even many Democrats have displayed their dissapointments.

    This is what happens when people lose sight of the world they live in and swoon for a politician's impractical promises. Apparently, a vote for Obama was also a vote for Bush. I believe Obama knows this today, because he seems to be triping all over himself lately trying to re-capture that "Hope and Change" mood among the sheep.

    Liberals want more, because Obama promised them more.
    Last edited by MSgt; 06-10-12 at 09:53 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #92
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well if you remember, the choice was to either vote for "Hope and Change" or Bush II, because a "Vote for McCain is a vote for Bush." As I have shown before, there had virtually no change between Bush and Obama. At least with McCain we wouldn't have had four years of express focus on Health Care at the expense of everything else. Hispanic voters are disillusioned. Black voters are disillusioned. Even many Democrats have displayed their dissapointments.

    This is what happens when people lose sight of the world they live in and swoon for a politician's impractical promises. Apparently, a vote for Obama was also a vote for Bush. I believe Obama knows this today, because he seems to be triping all over himself lately trying to re-capture that "Hope and Change" mood among the sheep.

    Liberals want more, because Obama promised them more.

    In many ways I think you are spot on here, however, Obama and liberals are faced with a monumental problem should they accept the reality of the thought you express.

    1. They have to acknowledge that their endless well to blame Bush for any, and every failure of Obama is evaporated.

    2. They would have to come to the reality that this past three plus years is a lie, or a series of lies told bold faced, and with no shame to the American people that gave them a chance.

    We are a forgiving people here in America, but we don't like liars, and we don't like charlatans.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #93
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThongPounder View Post
    Gary Johnson

    Good for you. Don't know who he is, but if you like him, then he's your man.

    I'm voting for Romney. Who's chance of winning are a great deal better and I'm looking for someone who has experience in running something bigger than a 7-11.
    Last edited by Billy the Kid; 06-10-12 at 10:07 AM.

  4. #94
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Plissken View Post
    "Associated Press By STEVE PEOPLES | Associated Press 13 hrs ago"

    "They are trying to be hopeful, but the Democratic Party's most passionate voters are struggling to hide their frustration with President Barack Obama."

    Frustrated liberals want more from Obama - Yahoo! News


    I think many had Hoped Obama was the lesser of two evils last time, I wonder how that Hope will work this time?
    However it will, the GOP isn't providing any to anyone.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #95
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    In many ways I think you are spot on here, however, Obama and liberals are faced with a monumental problem should they accept the reality of the thought you express.

    1. They have to acknowledge that their endless well to blame Bush for any, and every failure of Obama is evaporated.

    2. They would have to come to the reality that this past three plus years is a lie, or a series of lies told bold faced, and with no shame to the American people that gave them a chance.

    We are a forgiving people here in America, but we don't like liars, and we don't like charlatans.


    j-mac
    Unfortunately, many Americans have shown that they do prefer a good old fashioned liar. The contradictions of war protestors, in light of their lifestyles, is perhaps the most embarrassig thing about us. We, as a people, are becoming more European like ever day and the Global Left are on record for being great liars and charlatans.


    There is a difference between a Liberal and a Leftist. We are all liberals, hence democratic/republican governance with prescriptions of social equality, justice, and opportunity. But some Liberal Democrats travel so far left (Pelosi and Co.) of the spectrum that they actually envy the European socialist mood, which has historically manifested into the Hitlers and Stalins. And reality has no weight for the Leftist ideologues who cannot live without the conviction that only the United States is ever guilty. This is why genocide and ethnic cleansing goes unmentioned until America puts boots on the gound. This is why the the embarrassing formation of prisoners in an Abu Ghraib photo takes precedence in the world's media for months over hanged civilian contractors from a bridge. The apologies from Obama for American attitudes swept Europe as soon as Obama could get across the Atlantic. There will always be wars and three types of people; the oppressors, the liberators, and the ones that stand smugly on the side line not understanding enough to choose a side or simply not caring enough as they pretend to be our voices of conscience. Obama, as a member of the Global Left, is in the uncomfortable position of having to accept reality beyond his criticizing Bush during his entire two terms. His indecision over the Arab Spring (whether or not to support "the people" or the dictator) manifested into his begrudged movement over Libya. His escallated sanctions all over the world is merely his way to avoid the obvious use and stigma of force (military) while quietly starving out and ruining societies (no dictator or religious theocracy ever sufferred under sanctions). The Global Left, through their sanctimonious preachings of the liberators, encourage dictators and oppression. Russia currently supports the Syrian government as much as they do the Iranian govenrment as they preach to the world about "soveriegnty." Western Europe preaches (as always), because they would rather wait for Syria and Iran to innevitably erupt so that their action can be defined in history as "retaliation" not "pre-emptation" no matter how much more blood and treasure this causes......or that America will take the lead prior to in order to take all blame. But the problem is that we have a member of this Global Left sitting in the White House who is thinking the same way.

    The Global Left frequently preach about right and wrong from the sidelines. Just like what Obama did for 8 years under Bush. But Obama isn't on the side line anymore is he? Obama made the mistake of applying his Leftist ideals on his campaign trail and the American people ignorantly ate it up. He learned quickly that his ideals are impractical and that you can only buck the world grain so far, per presidency, before you have to accomodate the garbage it provides.
    Last edited by MSgt; 06-10-12 at 11:17 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #96
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Unfortunately, many Americans have shown that they do prefer a good old fashioned liar. The contradictions of war protestors, in light of their lifestyles, is perhaps the most embarrassig thing about us. We, as a people, are becoming more European like ever day and the Global Left are on record for being great liars and charlatans.


    There is a difference between a Liberal and a Leftist. We are all liberals, hence democratic/republican governance with prescriptions of social equality, justice, and opportunity. But some Liberal Democrats travel so far left (Pelosi and Co.) of the spectrum that they actually envy the European socialist mood, which has historically manifested into the Hitlers and Stalins. And reality has no weight for the Leftist ideologues who cannot live without the conviction that only the United States is ever guilty. This is why genocide and ethnic cleansing goes unmentioned until America puts boots on the gound. This is why the the embarrassing formation of prisoners in an Abu Ghraib photo takes precedence in the world's media for months over hanged civilian contractors from a bridge. The apologies from Obama for American attitudes swept Europe as soon as Obama could get across the Atlantic. There will always be wars and three types of people; the oppressors, the liberators, and the ones that stand smugly on the side line not understanding enough to choose a side or simply not caring enough as they pretend to be our voices of conscience. Obama, as a member of the Global Left, is in the uncomfortable position of having to accept reality beyond his criticizing Bush during his entire two terms. His indecision over the Arab Spring (whether or not to support "the people" or the dictator) manifested into his begrudged movement over Libya. His escallated sanctions all over the world is merely his way to avoid the obvious use and stigma of force (military) while quietly starving out and ruining societies (no dictator or religious theocracy ever sufferred under sanctions). The Global Left, through their sanctimonious preachings of the liberators, encourage dictators and oppression. Russia currently supports the Syrian government as much as they do the Iranian govenrment as they preach to the world about "soveriegnty." Western Europe preaches (as always), because they would rather wait for Syria and Iran to innevitably erupt so that their action can be defined in history as "retaliation" not "pre-emptation" no matter how much more blood and treasure this causes......or that America will take the lead prior to in order to take all blame. But the problem is that we have a member of this Global Left sitting in the White House who is thinking the same way.

    The Global Left frequently preach about right and wrong from the sidelines. Just like what Obama did for 8 years under Bush. But Obama isn't on the side line anymore is he? Obama made the mistake of applying his Leftist ideals on his campaign trail and the American people ignorantly ate it up. He learned quickly that his ideals are impractical and that you can only buck the world grain so far, per presidency, before you have to accomodate the garbage it provides.


    Man, I couldn't have said it better. Your clarity, and straight forward writing style are a breath of fresh air in here MSgt. I may not always agree with the way some things are laid out in some of your valuable postings, but your direction of thought, and ability to cut through the bull are respected by myself.

    Thanks for the response.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Man, I couldn't have said it better. Your clarity, and straight forward writing style are a breath of fresh air in here MSgt. I may not always agree with the way some things are laid out in some of your valuable postings, but your direction of thought, and ability to cut through the bull are respected by myself.

    Thanks for the response.


    j-mac
    I agree. The summation of all the issues was brilliantly put. Thanks MSgt.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well if you remember, the choice was to either vote for "Hope and Change" or Bush II, because a "Vote for McCain is a vote for Bush." As I have shown before, there had virtually no change between Bush and Obama. At least with McCain we wouldn't have had four years of express focus on Health Care at the expense of everything else. Hispanic voters are disillusioned. Black voters are disillusioned. Even many Democrats have displayed their dissapointments.

    This is what happens when people lose sight of the world they live in and swoon for a politician's impractical promises. Apparently, a vote for Obama was also a vote for Bush. I believe Obama knows this today, because he seems to be triping all over himself lately trying to re-capture that "Hope and Change" mood among the sheep.

    Liberals want more, because Obama promised them more.
    I think you are buying into the hype. Too many try to simplify things so they don't have to digest long nuanced differences. This is ashame and largely works to our detriment, but if you saw it as hope and change versus Bush II, you are aprt of the problem.

    McCain showed poor judgement (Palin) and had to do too much appeasing or more radical elements to get through the process. This hurt him badly.

    What you say about disappointment is true, but just like Bush / Kerry, the failure to produce a valid candidate could leave Obama in office. Who the candidates are amtters.

    And yes, we want more. Like all candidates, the promises were more than was possible. Most of us know this, but we do tend to expect more. Not sure we should stop that.

    Now, as for healthcare, the topic isn't new, didn't begin with Obama, and has long needed to be dealt with. Nor does it have to come at the expensive of anything. Thsi is largely a myth created by those who oppose Obama. Without healthcare reform, there is no evidence anything else woould have been done than what has been done. There is very little that government can do without taking control, something I think you oppose at least as much as I do. NO topic gives too much blame and too much credit as does the economy. In our system, government can only do so much.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Unfortunately, many Americans have shown that they do prefer a good old fashioned liar. The contradictions of war protestors, in light of their lifestyles, is perhaps the most embarrassig thing about us. We, as a people, are becoming more European like ever day and the Global Left are on record for being great liars and charlatans.


    There is a difference between a Liberal and a Leftist. We are all liberals, hence democratic/republican governance with prescriptions of social equality, justice, and opportunity. But some Liberal Democrats travel so far left (Pelosi and Co.) of the spectrum that they actually envy the European socialist mood, which has historically manifested into the Hitlers and Stalins. And reality has no weight for the Leftist ideologues who cannot live without the conviction that only the United States is ever guilty. This is why genocide and ethnic cleansing goes unmentioned until America puts boots on the gound. This is why the the embarrassing formation of prisoners in an Abu Ghraib photo takes precedence in the world's media for months over hanged civilian contractors from a bridge. The apologies from Obama for American attitudes swept Europe as soon as Obama could get across the Atlantic. There will always be wars and three types of people; the oppressors, the liberators, and the ones that stand smugly on the side line not understanding enough to choose a side or simply not caring enough as they pretend to be our voices of conscience. Obama, as a member of the Global Left, is in the uncomfortable position of having to accept reality beyond his criticizing Bush during his entire two terms. His indecision over the Arab Spring (whether or not to support "the people" or the dictator) manifested into his begrudged movement over Libya. His escallated sanctions all over the world is merely his way to avoid the obvious use and stigma of force (military) while quietly starving out and ruining societies (no dictator or religious theocracy ever sufferred under sanctions). The Global Left, through their sanctimonious preachings of the liberators, encourage dictators and oppression. Russia currently supports the Syrian government as much as they do the Iranian govenrment as they preach to the world about "soveriegnty." Western Europe preaches (as always), because they would rather wait for Syria and Iran to innevitably erupt so that their action can be defined in history as "retaliation" not "pre-emptation" no matter how much more blood and treasure this causes......or that America will take the lead prior to in order to take all blame. But the problem is that we have a member of this Global Left sitting in the White House who is thinking the same way.

    The Global Left frequently preach about right and wrong from the sidelines. Just like what Obama did for 8 years under Bush. But Obama isn't on the side line anymore is he? Obama made the mistake of applying his Leftist ideals on his campaign trail and the American people ignorantly ate it up. He learned quickly that his ideals are impractical and that you can only buck the world grain so far, per presidency, before you have to accomodate the garbage it provides.
    Nicely said, but holds what I see as a major error in reasoning. It is largely that presidents are not kings, and as such have to build consensus. This means they cannot act as if they were dictators. So, the balme rests not with one, but all. Republicans, who are more disciplined than democrats, allowed Bush to act more like a king, passing the buck to him. Obama had no such opportunity (nor should he have had). He met resistence from all sides.

    This matters.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #100
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Frustrated liberals want more from Obama [W:299]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nicely said, but holds what I see as a major error in reasoning. It is largely that presidents are not kings, and as such have to build consensus. This means they cannot act as if they were dictators.
    I am going to break this down regardless of the fact that Boo will come back and either dismiss, or completely say I am wrong. But, if you will look at what I have separated above, I think it is a huge insight into what not only Boo, but many liberal/progressives think today. Without saying so, Boo reveals that he believes the system to be too cumbersome, too many hurdles to overcome in arriving at consensus. He would rather that Obama be a dictator so that with a wave of the pen, the progressive agenda could be thrust upon us without recourse.

    He has no use for the Constitution, or the structure of Government it set up, it is in the way.

    So, the balme rests not with one, but all.
    Purposely designed that way so that Barry "the One" can deflect responsibility for initiatives he wanted, but failed. He does it with blaming Bush, he does it with health care and the Supreme Court, and now for his election he is trying to do it with Congress, lying through his teeth. Obama is a weasel that needs to be ousted.

    Republicans, who are more disciplined than democrats, allowed Bush to act more like a king, passing the buck to him. Obama had no such opportunity (nor should he have had).
    You have got to either think that everyone is stupid, or be kidding here. Obama had as near a veto proof majority as a President could get for his first two freaking years! He got every thing he wanted, and now complains because his party lost one house?

    He met resistence from all sides.
    He met resistance? Bull, what he got is what he wanted. He gave a tele prompted speech, dictating what congress should pass, then sat back and instead of offering anything of his own pen as a proposal, he left it up to the partisan back room dealing of Nancy Pelosi....What a joke.

    This matters.
    To you maybe, but opinion only really matter to those that agree with them. You have strong opinions on subjects Joe, Problem is, that your information, and what you base your opinion on is so skewed it is near impossible to have a conversation with you. If I want your opinion I can watch any of the hack MSNBC shows spewing the same propaganda.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •