Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 247

Thread: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    why are you not similarly alarmed that such weapons are publicly - and openly - exchanged within our own society
    why is that OK, while similar weapon transactions in mexico are so egregious
    Why are you trying to deflect here? The issue under discussion is not weapons-exchange or gun control in our American society.

  2. #62
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you can run but you can't hide from the question
    why is it OK for such guns to be distributed openly in the USA but not for mexico


    [bold emphasis added by bubba to point out why my post was in direct reply to your statement]
    for some reason, you believe that assault weapons sales in the USA are found acceptable while those in mexico are indicative of an administration that can't shoot straight
    your posts indicate an inability to see the truth because of massive partisanship
    Why certainly Bubba, the sales in the US were not legal. They were done by straw purchasers that would have tripped ATF red flags because of the sheer volume of purchase and the go arounds for the waiting period. Again, the sales werent legal in the US either.

  3. #63
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Why certainly Bubba, the sales in the US were not legal. They were done by straw purchasers that would have tripped ATF red flags because of the sheer volume of purchase and the go arounds for the waiting period. Again, the sales werent legal in the US either.
    you are attempting - unsuccessfully - to divert away from the question asked
    the same weapons the reich wing is so insistent needed to be monitored in mexico are the very same weapons that are successfully traded - in public - in the USA
    what the fringe finds acceptable in America is found by them to be unacceptable in mexico
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #64
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    I thought the title of this thread was "Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress".

  5. #65
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you can run but you can't hide from the question why is it OK for such guns to be distributed openly in the USA but not for mexico [bold emphasis added by bubba to point out why my post was in direct reply to your statement] for some reason, you believe that assault weapons sales in the USA are found acceptable while those in mexico are indicative of an administration that can't shoot straight your posts indicate an inability to see the truth because of massive partisanship
    None of this has anything to do with "Fast and Furious". So what YOU think I mean doesn't matter. I never give in to thread hijackers. While I can understand your desire to steer the thread away from the topic, I'll say again start a new one. If you'd like to discuss the topic of the thread post it. Putting assault weapons, purposely in the hands of drug cartel killers is just a bad idea no matter how you spin it.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  6. #66
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The remark was a reference to your childish suggestion that Holder has ADD or a hearing problem. When you act like a 6 year old people will tend to treat you like one.
    I guess you won't be surprised when you are. I was referring to Holder.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  7. #67
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    None of this has anything to do with "Fast and Furious". So what YOU think I mean doesn't matter. I never give in to thread hijackers. While I can understand your desire to steer the thread away from the topic, I'll say again start a new one. If you'd like to discuss the topic of the thread post it. Putting assault weapons, purposely in the hands of drug cartel killers is just a bad idea no matter how you spin it.
    First off, he's making an assumption that Mexican law allows for those weapons to cross the border........it doesn't, anything larger than a .22 is banned for civilian use or importation into that country. Secondly, that is up to the country of Mexico to enforce, not a dealer on American soil, and last, but not least, the government allowed a straw buy under it's authority that any private citizen would be in deep trouble for and it cost innocent life. Holder should be complicit in anything that happened under the F&F gunrunning action and contempt of congress absolutely fits, along with obstruction, I hope they nail him on EVERYTHING.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #68
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you are attempting - unsuccessfully - to divert away from the question asked
    the same weapons the reich wing is so insistent needed to be monitored in mexico are the very same weapons that are successfully traded - in public - in the USA
    what the fringe finds acceptable in America is found by them to be unacceptable in mexico
    Starters, bolded is inflammatory and juvenile, please stop it.

    You are not getting it. The buyers are the ones that would not pass background checks, so the sales wouldnt have occurred in the US either. Full auto weapons are NOT legal in most of the US either, so that dog doesnt hunt either.

    I suppose your point is that gun control is stricter in Mexico. Well, thanks DOJ for making it possible for them to circumvent Mexican law? What is your point? You are meandering all over the place.

  9. #69
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you are attempting - unsuccessfully - to divert away from the question asked
    the same weapons the reich wing is so insistent needed to be monitored in mexico are the very same weapons that are successfully traded - in public - in the USA
    what the fringe finds acceptable in America is found by them to be unacceptable in mexico

    I think what folks are trying to ask you to do is to start a thread on your question.

    This thread title is - "Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress". A video was provided for more info on the topic.

    So what is your take on the issue? Or do we assume you agree that AG Holder is lying, not miscommunicating, misspeaking, misunderstanding, and all the other words we us now instead of lying?
    Last edited by Billy the Kid; 06-12-12 at 09:06 AM.

  10. #70
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you are attempting - unsuccessfully - to divert away from the question asked
    the same weapons the reich wing is so insistent needed to be monitored in mexico are the very same weapons that are successfully traded - in public - in the USA
    what the fringe finds acceptable in America is found by them to be unacceptable in mexico
    Please link to murderous drug cartels in the U.S. using Fast & Furious guns or your case falls apart.
    Last edited by Prof. Peabody; 06-12-12 at 09:39 AM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •