Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 247

Thread: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

  1. #131
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    What the hell difference does it make ????? He WAS shot with an illegal gun supplied by Holder and company, so your attempt to deflect is amusing.

    What a hack.
    no deflection here
    that's your side's forte
    the agent was shot by one of those weapons allowed to gun-walk across the border
    had he been shot by another weapon - and there are many to choose from - then nothing would have changed
    causing your argument to be about nothing
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #132
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,666

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    What the hell difference does it make ????? He WAS shot with an illegal gun supplied by Holder and company, so your attempt to deflect is amusing.

    What a hack.
    Ok, we know that; but WHY? What was the purpose of tying legally sold US weapons to the drug cartels? That is what Holder is covering up, the existance of fast & fuzzy is not in doubt, only the motive or reason for it.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-12-12 at 05:11 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #133
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no deflection here
    that's your side's forte
    the agent was shot by one of those weapons allowed to gun-walk across the border
    had he been shot by another weapon - and there are many to choose from - then nothing would have changed
    causing your argument to be about nothing
    Using your logic (or lack thereof), I could sell a known felon one of my handguns. If he shot someone with it, I could claim that it wasn't my fault because someone else might have sold him one.

    It is funny that you insist on sticking to this absurd line.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #134
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Ok, we know that but WHY? What was the purpose of tying legally sold US weapons to the drug cartels? That is wht Holder is covering up, the existance of fast & fuzzy is not in doubt, only the motive or reason for it.
    The general consensus is that Obama wanted to pass new gun control laws, but knew the voters would revolt, so this was a backdoor way to convince people that more useless gun control laws were needed.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #135
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Ok, we know that but WHY? What was the purpose of tying legally sold US weapons to the drug cartels? That is what Holder is covering up, the existance of fast & fuzzy is not in doubt, only the motive or reason for it.
    Like I stated earlier, the rhetoric before the facts came out was anti-gun and blamed our rights for the violence. After the fact the rheroric started to become "a legal action gone wrong". It's pretty obvious it was a gun control ploy.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #136
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,666

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    What the hell difference does it make ????? He WAS shot with an illegal gun supplied by Holder and company, so your attempt to deflect is amusing.

    What a hack.
    You have made one critcal mistake in your post, it was not an ILLEGAL gun, but a LEGAL gun, tracable directly to a licensed, legal, federal firearms dealer. That was the PURPOSE of fast & fuzzy - to tie LEGAL US weapons sales to the ILLEGAL use by cartels. IMHO, simply to cause a public outcry (even from some on the right, since they hate drug dealers) for stricter gun control laws. ;-)
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #137
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You have made one critcal mistake in your post, it was not an ILLEGAL gun, but a LEGAL gun, tracable directly to a licensed, legal, federal firearms dealer. That was the PURPOSE of fast & fuzzy - to tie LEGAL US weapons sales to the ILLEGAL use by cartels. IMHO, simply to cause a public outcry (even from some on the right, since they hate drug dealers) for stricter gun control laws. ;-)
    I was correct. It became illegal as soon as it crossed the border.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #138
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Using your logic (or lack thereof), I could sell a known felon one of my handguns. If he shot someone with it, I could claim that it wasn't my fault because someone else might have sold him one.

    It is funny that you insist on sticking to this absurd line.
    you must have left the room when your class studied analogies
    here is what yours should have looked like:
    a known felon bought one of my handguns. he shot and killed someone with it. it was Obama's fault
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #139
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,666

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Like I stated earlier, the rhetoric before the facts came out was anti-gun and blamed our rights for the violence. After the fact the rheroric started to become "a legal action gone wrong". It's pretty obvious it was a gun control ploy.
    Obvious to you and I, but must be PROVEN, thus the fast & fuzzy cover up. If Obama and Holder were found willing to help cause the deaths of both LEOs and US citizens, just to trick the sheeple into calling for stricter gun control laws, then they would be toast politically (or worse).

    This is the same collusion (corruption?) used for enacting the state CCW permit laws; the NRA (and its membership) would object UNLESS the law included a mandate for private firearms training to even QUALIFY for a CCW permit - guess who gets ALL of those dollars?
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 06-12-12 at 05:26 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #140
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    See, I think it is actually two pronged...First is the curtailing of the 2nd Amendment, but only in a way like other European countries that allow hunting weapons (strictly documented) but ban all other weapons for legal purchase by its citizenry. Which would still be a taking of our fundamental rights. Second, was to back up the absurd claims that liberals, including Obama had been making over and over, concerning this type of thing happening outside the F/F program already, but they couldn't prove. In fact Obama and libs looked like flat out liars when they would make this claim, because the facts didn't support their rhetoric. They tried to make it so, and got burned. And I think that the OK for this thing was at least at the Homeland Security level, possibly in the National Security circle, which begs what did the President know, and when did he know it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •