Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 247

Thread: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

  1. #101
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,806

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you did expose some significant silliness with that post; on that we agree
    you also exposed that you have nowhere else to hide on this issue
    your side's hypocrisy has been exposed
    if you support assault weapons sales in the USA then why would you have basis to object to them in mexico
    God, you think up some monumentally stupid ****. ITS WHO WAS BUYING THEM.

  2. #102
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,806

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I have no doubt that the victims here would have been killed with or without operation fast and furious. Do you really think the cartels couldn't have gotten guns any other way? Recall that the operation was undertaken because the cartels had virtually unlimited access to to the US gun market. So let's stop pretending that the operation provided them something that they wouldn't have obtained very easily from another source.
    Then ATF should have been focusing on the US gun black market and not sting operations that made the black market seem worse so Obama could impose more gun control laws.

  3. #103
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Then ATF should have been focusing on the US gun black market and not sting operations that made the black market seem worse so Obama could impose more gun control laws.
    They are both legitimate problems. They should have been more competent in addressing them.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #104
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I have no doubt that the victims here would have been killed with or without operation fast and furious. Do you really think the cartels couldn't have gotten guns any other way? Recall that the operation was undertaken because the cartels had virtually unlimited access to to the US gun market. So let's stop pretending that the operation provided them something that they wouldn't have obtained very easily from another source.

    So stating "those people would have gotten killed anyway" is your defense of an illegal program that ensured the death of countless people including US Border Patrol agent Brian Terry?

    What a child like and despicable statement.

    The lengths liberals will go to defend their political agenda.

    I noticed it garnered support form another liberal on this forum. No surprise there; birds of a feather...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #105
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So stating "those people would have gotten killed anyway" is your defense of an illegal program that ensured the death of countless people including US Border Patrol agent Brian Terry?
    I'm not defending the program, which I've described as incompetent many times. But getting emotional about the botched program doesn't alter the fact that those agents would very likely have been gunned down either way. The cartels have no problem getting their hands on guns. That's why the several operations were contemplated to begin with.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #106
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So stating "those people would have gotten killed anyway" is your defense of an illegal program that ensured the death of countless people including US Border Patrol agent Brian Terry?

    What a child like and despicable statement.

    The lengths liberals will go to defend their political agenda.

    I noticed it garnered support form another liberal on this forum. No surprise there; birds of a feather...
    To be fair, it's only the hyperpartisan left defending this tripe. However I have no doubt the same people making themselves look bad to defend Holder would be calling for international war crimes charges against a Republican administration, and calling for negligent homicide charges in the death of agent Terry. War crimes charges aren't warranted I wouldn't think, but NH definitely is, and the Mexican government has a legitimate claim to the asses of those involved in the F&F operation.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #107
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm not defending the program, which I've described as incompetent many times. But getting emotional about the botched program doesn't alter the fact that those agents would very likely have been gunned down either way. The cartels have no problem getting their hands on guns. That's why the several operations were contemplated to begin with.
    Do you lock your door when you go out ???

    Why bother, they will only break it down or go through a window .......

    What a sad commentary on the left that you and your ilk are willing to go to such contemptible lengths to defend this man.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #108
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    What a trolling hack. This is probably the most inane and asinine post I've seen at DP. Get a clue; then come back and have an informed discussion.

    Ever heard of the Bill of Rights? See Amendment #2.

    The problem wasn't the weapons transaction in Mexico, it was the weapons that were sold illegally in the US that were knowingly, by the US government, being taken illegally into Mexico.
    oh no
    weapons that you have no problem with being exchanged and transported in the USA suddenly become problems when they are found to exist in mexico? there is no logic to this
    your side has plenty of whine, they only need now to find the issue for it
    hint: this one won't flush




    ****hold off on the trolling hack comments; they can get you dinged upstairs****
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #109
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    oh no
    weapons that you have no problem with being exchanged and transported in the USA suddenly become problems when they are found to exist in mexico? there is no logic to this
    your side has plenty of whine, they only need now to find the issue for it
    hint: this one won't flush




    ****hold off on the trolling hack comments; they can get you dinged upstairs****
    No, they are a problem when the Justice Department watches illegally obtained guns cross the Mexican border illegally, then used to illegally kill an innocent Border Patrol Agent.

    And if that wasn't enough, watch the Attorney General illegally lie to Congress.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #110
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Eric Holder grilled over Fast and Furious in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    God, you think up some monumentally stupid ****. ITS WHO WAS BUYING THEM.
    why is it so important that we know who was buying them in mexico?
    would y'all please figure out a reason you are so uptight about this and share it with the rest of us?
    holder lying
    assault weapons in mexico as if the same people would scream and shout if they were not allowed in the USA
    Obama's fault even tho the gun-walking was a strategy conceived and implemented during the dicknbush era
    and now you insist that it is who is buying the guns in mexico ... as if you could give a rip who is buying those same type weapons in the USA
    keep trying. you guys will eventually figure out what it is that upsets you
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •