Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #701
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    I've always thought highly of Gary Johnson. He seems like a very practical man, almost logical.

  2. #702
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,801

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    What ? You think that I am going to waste time looking up data to post for you, when IMMHO you should already be aware of it as a poster here ?

    Here's what you can do, if you want to know. Google "Government employee unions pensions benefits" and then add a state name. I suggest beginning with Califonia, and Illinois.

    As for you expecting to be given a handout, I will refer to the Cinese proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
    You don't have to look up jack. It's obvious that you haven't and don't. My source link in an earlier post provided the data concerning campaign donations, expenditures, advertising, etc., etc. You do have to read it, however.

    As to backing up your earlier statement. You didn't, and as I said, you can't. It's obvious that you don't have the appropriate data because you can't provide it. That's fine. Be like Conservative and admit that you don't really want to know if what you believe is factual. Just make the assumptions and say, "Hey, I don't expect you to accept what I believe because I didn't actually come to a logical conclusion. If I can't provide sources I don't actually have and, and you know what, I'm not going to review any sources anyway. I'll believe what people tell me to believe as long as it sounds like what I want to believe."
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 06-07-12 at 01:53 AM. Reason: punctuation










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #703
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,801

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I've always thought highly of Gary Johnson. He seems like a very practical man, almost logical.
    That's probably the biggest thing he has going against him. No matter, at this point I'm looking to vote for him.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #704
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    You don't have to look up jack. It's obvious that you haven't and don't. My source link in an earlier post provided the data concerning campaign donations, expenditures, advertising, etc., etc. You do have to read it, however.

    As to backing up your earlier statement. You didn't, and as I said you can't. It's obvious that you don't have the appropriate data because you can't provide it. That's fine. Be like Conservative and admit that you don't really want to know if what you believe is factual. Just make the assumptions and say, "Hey, I don't expect you to accept what I believe because I didn't actually come to a logical conclusion. If I can't provide sources, I don't actually have and, and you know what, I'm not going to review any sources anyway. I'll believe what people tell me to believe as long as it sounds like what I want to believe."
    And this happens far too much from the same folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #705
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    I don't necessarily agree with the outcome of the election but the way this was carried out was good. Walker has decided to demonize 11.5% of the country's population and the unions demonstrated the political cluster**** that they can cause. I doubt there will be many governors looking to go through this kind of **** anywhere else in the US. Good job Walker, in one shot you've become a political pariah, made most governors apprehensive about going up against unions and ensured that most think twice before removing collective bargaining rights. I really hope it was worth it.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-07-12 at 01:55 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #706
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    What ? You think that I am going to waste time looking up data to post for you, when IMMHO you should already be aware of it as a poster here ?

    Here's what you can do, if you want to know. Google "Government employee unions pensions benefits" and then add a state name. I suggest beginning with Califonia, and Illinois.

    As for you expecting to be given a handout, I will refer to the Cinese proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
    The modern version of that proverb is teach a lib to fish and he'll just ask for more fish.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #707
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The modern version of that proverb is teach a lib to fish and he'll just ask for more fish.
    Or... teach a conservative to debate and he'll still troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #708
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The modern version of that proverb is teach a lib to fish and he'll just ask for more fish.

    And of course Mrs. Paul is glad to supply

    mrs-pauls-fish-sticks-4874.jpg

    At a profit of course.....

  9. #709
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I've always thought highly of Gary Johnson. He seems like a very practical man, almost logical.
    Best line I heard him say when they finally let him speak in a debate once was... "I'm at least still liked in the state that I was a governor of."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #710
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,801

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And this happens far too much from the same folk.
    It does. I damn sure don't have all the information about anything. If I believe I do have good information and you ask me to source it, I will. If you have information that proves me in error I want that information. When I am wrong I want to know why so that I can be correct.

    Truth prevails. Refusal to search for truth and consider information provided by other people doesn't change whatever truth might be. Refusal to consider information that supports an opposing position flat out guarantees that you'll be willfully ignorant on more than a few occasions.

    Vance brought up a few questions earlier about negative publicity that Walker received. I frankly had not thought about the fact that it may have required a little more PR to turn that around. I don't know it yet as I am still trying to find a few articles and reports. But Vance may have a point. I am happy he brought it up. I will learn from it one way or the other.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •