Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #681
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then put the blame where it belongs, on a union temper tantrum
    Did you read the link I posted earlier today or not?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #682
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Did you read the link I posted earlier today or not?
    Probably not, but this post wasn't to you. I quite frankly don't give a damn about any link you posted. The results are in and the unions lost, that is good enough for me.

  3. #683
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The taxpayer has a right to tell the employee what they are willing to pay them and that is the point.
    I fully agree, but the problem is the government employees have a union and that union promised the union vote in exchange for higher wages and benefits to liberal legislators. That bribery has now been put to rest by Walker, and that is because now the people see the injustice of previous liberal legislators buying union votes.
    Last edited by Born Free; 06-06-12 at 11:06 PM.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  4. #684
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    It is sad to me that a hell of a lot partisans view it like a supporting a sports team. Winning is all that matters. I'd venture to say with a choice between Romney and Obama winning doesn't matter all that much.

    I'm jazzed about Gary Johnson as the LP nominee. He makes a great deal of sense and he has a great track record. What a breath of fresh air.
    No. Its like supporting our kids, and our country. Had Walker not won in WI in '10, and not won again last night, then the taxpayers of WI go back to that wretched wealth transfer liberal cancer known as municipal employee unions.

    Elections matter. In November, for the sake of my kids, and my country, I will actively participate in throwing that jackass Obama out of office. The "team" that I am rooting for is my family.

    Time for you to wake up.

  5. #685
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Probably not, but this post wasn't to you. I quite frankly don't give a damn about any link you posted. The results are in and the unions lost, that is good enough for me.
    Fair enough. I don't support Citizens United. I don't want any candidate or party to have people writing half million dollar checks and sending basically anonymous money from other states and countries for the purpose of buying an election. I am not party dependent. I'm Independent. It isn't a game to me. Facts matter. I'm not saying I have all the facts. But, unlike you I want to know what difference Citizen's United did or did not make.

    In the future I'll avoid your posts as it is obvious to me you really don't know what you are talking about, you do what you're told. That's all I need to know.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #686
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No. Its like supporting our kids, and our country. Had Walker not won in WI in '10, and not won again last night, then the taxpayers of WI go back to that wretched wealth transfer liberal cancer known as municipal employee unions.

    Elections matter. In November, for the sake of my kids, and my country, I will actively participate in throwing that jackass Obama out of office. The "team" that I am rooting for is my family.

    Time for you to wake up.
    That's it? Can you give me specifics regarding "liberal transfer of wealth and unions" in Wisconsin? I mean exactly how much money which union and of that money how much was transferred to liberals? My money says you can't.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  7. #687
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Fair enough. I don't support Citizens United. I don't want any candidate or party to have people writing half million dollar checks and sending basically anonymous money from other states and countries for the purpose of buying an election. I am not party dependent. I'm Independent. It isn't a game to me. Facts matter. I'm not saying I have all the facts. But, unlike you I want to know what difference Citizen's United did or did not make.

    In the future I'll avoid your posts as it is obvious to me you really don't know what you are talking about, you do what you're told. That's all I need to know.
    LOL, no problem, one less poster that I need to deal with.

  8. #688
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    That's it? Can you give me specifics regarding "liberal transfer of wealth and unions" in Wisconsin? I mean exactly how much money which union and of that money how much was transferred to liberals? My money says you can't.
    'cmon man -- like you haven't seen those Youtube videos of elementary school teachers lounging on the beach in the French Riviera? Tooling around town in their tricked out Maybachs? Clearly that's Wisconsin's REAL problem: fat-cat public school teachers soaking the taxpayers and doing nothing in return (well, except ... educating their children ).
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #689
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    'cmon man -- like you haven't seen those Youtube videos of elementary school teachers lounging on the beach in the French Riviera? Tooling around town in their tricked out Maybachs? Clearly that's Wisconsin's REAL problem: fat-cat public school teachers soaking the taxpayers and doing nothing in return (well, except ... educating their children ).
    Guess it is easy supporting public service employee pay and benefit programs if you don't live in the state and have to pay their salaries and benefits.

  10. #690
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Last Seen
    10-10-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    208

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    'cmon man -- like you haven't seen those Youtube videos of elementary school teachers lounging on the beach in the French Riviera? Tooling around town in their tricked out Maybachs? Clearly that's Wisconsin's REAL problem: fat-cat public school teachers soaking the taxpayers and doing nothing in return (well, except ... educating their children ).
    Lol, hey AdamT and the rest of you liberals, wake up. Your policies don't work, NO STATE can afford your policies and states that reject your foolish ideas get their houses in order and their economic growth rates higher.

    The thing that really "gets me" with liberals is that they don't understand this basic common sense like principle, a principle that says that our economic standard of living comes from our individual level of production. When you kill that through taxes and regulation, you kill your own economic standard of living. You THINK more government involvement makes your life better, it doesn't. You THINK government running healthcare will make it better, it won't. You THINK government running education has made it better, it hasn't. You THINK government taxing the rich and "spreading the wealth to you in the form of more welfare" will make your life better it will make it worse.

    Liberals don't seem to look at the BIG PICTURE, the entire SCOPE of the situation. This example I'm about to provide is a good example of liberalism.

    It's like a person that sees a bum on the street and their "compassion" says to go give him money to feed himself, clothe himself and provide a better way of living for himself. So their compassion makes them say I have $10k in the bank, let me give this guy $2k to help him. BUT, after you give him $2k he goes out and immediately buys more drinks to become more a drunk, plus the extra money allows him to buy this little beat down car off some "guy" he knows. Now we have a drunk behind the wheel. He kills some innocent person, ends up in prison for life and you, are now out of $2k with a lot of havoc caused. All "losses" in this situation.

    I know that's an extreme example, but that's liberalism, it looks like it's "helping" but in actuality, all it does is make things worse than they were before. Liberals try looking at the BIG picture, the overall SCOPE of everything, then maybe you will understand why conservatives are against liberalism and why capitalism, is the NUMBER ONE economic system, line of thought and program in the world and the ONLY chance ANYBODY has of making life better for themselves, their family and their community.

Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •