Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #451
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I want to see his Birth Certificate! And a college transcript!
    And what about his memoirs from when he was 25 and had never done anything yet?

  2. #452
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And what about his memoirs from when he was 25 and had never done anything yet?
    Those too! Walker should get the Nobel Peace Prize!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #453
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So you don't know why and you want me to make your point for you? lol
    I can make my own points thank you.

    I've learned a long time ago that when you debate liberals you must hold their hand and take baby steps with logic. I know, I know, even that doesn't work sometimes, but reasonable people will acknowledge the error of the thought processes when it is shown to them by breaking it down into easy to understand blocks of logic. In other words, I'm trying to help you understand why you're wrong. I suppose ultimately it might be a futile endeavor, but I have hope too, just like Obama, but different..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #454
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,053

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No one has more money in the warchest than Obama,
    True

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    who loves him a union.
    yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Where was he?
    Probably staying clear so that Walker wouldn't use him politically against his opponent with the "see how Washington is interfering in our state?" line. It was a damned if he does damned if he doesn't position to be in for Obama on that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This wasn't about money at all.
    Yes it was. If not, then why did Walker collect and spend so much? I mean it doesn't matter right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This was about a weak candidate the Dems ran against Walker,
    True

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    a shrinking union membership,
    true... which in turn is less MONEY towards democratic campaigns... hence Walkers true intentions when attacking and trying to disban unions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    and basic common sense in the voting bloc. You had an entire network behind you, two if you count CNN, too.
    Just because Fox is a direct mouthpiece for the GOP doesn't mean all that aren't Fox are the same in inverse. Weak argument there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Republicans could outspend you, 8-to-1, in most blue states, or vice versa in red states, and that wouldn't change an election much. Wisconsin is supposedly a blue state, so what's up?
    What's up? 7.5 to 1 spending imbalance. That's what. Your own damn sentence here is you basically refuting yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #455
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Been bombarded with 18 months of negative media coverage of Scott Walker. Easily worth more than all the actual money spent by both sides combined.
    That's an opinion, your opinion. It may be factual, but you have given me know reason to believe it. You cannot justify anything you've said.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #456
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,053

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Right. So this shows that all sides have a great capacity to garner large contributions.
    If you pander to the same few sources to get that money... yes. This means that money rules our politics and those with the money will make the rules. They don't throw that kind of money without expecting some kind of return on their investment. And as both parties contitnue to feed from that same money trough, expect them to keep merging in policies and pretending to be different by bandying about pointless and ridiculous social divisions as a fake cover to hide their merging fiscal similarities.

    It's been happening for years and thanks to citizens united, it's heading there even faster now. It's why republicans talk fiscally during elecitons then spend all their time fronting abortion bills when they get in office. Abortion is the noisy cover for what they really want to do fiscally. And time has shown that shrinking government isn't one of them.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-06-12 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #457
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-19-14 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,083

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Victory for balanced budgets!

  8. #458
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungConserv View Post
    Victory for balanced budgets!
    What's the running tally on congress voting to support any of the three budgets Obama has sent in? Oh yeah that's right, NOT a single vote for..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    I have 3 words after this election:

    There is hope.

  10. #460
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,053

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I can make my own points thank you.

    I've learned a long time ago that when you debate liberals you must hold their hand and take baby steps with logic. I know, I know, even that doesn't work sometimes, but reasonable people will acknowledge the error of the thought processes when it is shown to them by breaking it down into easy to understand blocks of logic. In other words, I'm trying to help you understand why you're wrong. I suppose ultimately it might be a futile endeavor, but I have hope too, just like Obama, but different..


    Tim-

    So you try to help me understand by being condescending and arrogant? Nah... I think your point is that you enjoy being condescending and arrogant and you are just looking for an excuse to do so. Otherwise you'd just make your point without the trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •