Page 43 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #421
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    All the "polls" showed a tight margin as well? So much for polling as a science.

    Look, the results are what they are, and Obama shouldn't be relying on ANY polls that show him ahead in WS if I were him.


    Tim-
    Exit polls had it right there at where the election ended soooo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #422
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    All the things you claim were better... money wasn't a factor in?
    Sure, but the bulk of the cash was spent on ads. Bottom line, thats where the bulk of campaign cash goes. In this case, the ads accomplished very little. If the polls over the last year are any indication.

  3. #423
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    rrriiigggghht...

    Then why are the Wisconsin exit polls from this election show this "good guage" of people embracing Obama being that they have very differing fiscal messages?
    If I were to buy into your belief, then it must be money. Obama has so far spent more then Romney. Include all of the "free" campaign trips and policy advertisements he can take and disguise as official business and the number increases even more.

  4. #424
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,805

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Notice that you didn't respond to the statement about the amount of money Liberals have wasted on the recalls, both of them plus the cost of fleeing the state as well as cleaning up the capitol from the liberal temper tantrum.

    The source for results come from the BLS as well as state finances. Maybe you ought to pay closer attention to what is actually going on in Wisconsin and stop buying the liberal spin
    When you provide sources and data I will respond. You haven't done that thus far. What I am hearing from you is partisan gibberish. There's nothing to respond to and you are playing silly games. If you are going to make statements, back them the **** up if you want people to understand your perspective. Otherwise it's mindless pap and drivel. I made statements, I provided a source with data. You are obviously not able to counter the argument with facts.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #425
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Actually the comedy is that Walker won... and every right-winger in here is declaring that they know why and that outspending someone 7.5 to 1 has no bearing on the election WHATSOEVER! lol
    Considering how much it matched the last election, and the success of recalls historicall.... yeah. It had no bearing whatsoever.

    Oh, forgot. LOL.
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  6. #426
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Actually the comedy is that Walker won... and every right-winger in here is declaring that they know why and that outspending someone 7.5 to 1 has no bearing on the election WHATSOEVER! lol
    Must be why Obama won in 2008 then huh? And why he's trying to get to 1 billion in 2012... it couldn't be anything else using your logic right?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #427
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Actually the comedy is that Walker won... and every right-winger in here is declaring that they know why and that outspending someone 7.5 to 1 has no bearing on the election WHATSOEVER! lol

    Just like every left-winger here is crying that money was the only reason he won.

  8. #428
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    All the "polls" showed a tight margin as well? So much for polling as a science.

    Look, the results are what they are, and Obama shouldn't be relying on ANY polls that show him ahead in WS if I were him.


    Tim-
    WS? What is WS? Wall Street? If so, Obama behind Romney on that poll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, I was addressing why Obama didn't go there, but....

    Walker's results are mixed. He got some things done, but the price was a very divided Wisconsin. Cons love to talk about how Obama divides people, and that's EXACTLY what Walker did. He said in his celebration remarks that "Now is the time to come together." I literally LOLed in the car. Yeah, NOW is the time. Now that he won.
    Liberals will always throw a tantrum when they don't get what they want and will always blame someone else for failure. Walker results are positive and the people voted based upon those results. Guess the people of Wisconsin are tired of paying public union employees more than the taxpayers are making. That sends a powerful message all over the country and actually supports FDR's belief that there shouldn't be any public unions.

  10. #430
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Must be why Obama won in 2008 then huh? And why he's trying to get to 1 billion in 2012... it couldn't be anything else using your logic right?
    I never said money was the only thing but hell yeah, Obama outspending his opponent was a HUGE factor in the race. I'm sorry if you expected me to deny that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 43 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •