Page 41 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #401
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People are going to vote based upon results generated. Walker has generated positive results.
    Source? And speaking of source. You still haven't responded to the data in the source I link. Are you avoiding a response? Why?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #402
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If both sides were equally free to send money to the candidate they'd like to see win, how is this an unlevel playing field? All that should be guaranteed is equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
    LOL...

    That statement has the misleading premise that everyone has the same amount to donate therefore donating is a level playing field.

    Naivete' at it's finest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #403
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    LOL, okay Libbo losers, we all see that the talking point memo went out, and this is to be blamed on evil MONEY (since the ass-kicking was so one-sided, the election fraud card wouldn't work).

    So what is your explanation for the abandonment of your beloved union, which shrunk to less than half its size since the recall was put forth?

    I'll wait.

  4. #404
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    bottom line is they can't win on a level playing field and they know it. Which is why they support Citizens United, voter role purges, Tom Delay styled redistricting and on and on and on.

    I've seen crappy Dem styled redistricting for the same reasons but the collection of these facts I listed above shows that they know that their message fails when delivered on a level playing field.
    LOL. So voter roll purges, or more acurately, limitting the voters to actual living citizens that are current residents of the state/district, help only the GOP? Hmm... Public employee labor unions are "fair" when they support candidates with tax money taken by force of law from all public employees (in non right to work states), yet corporations that are regulated and taxed by the state should have no ability to support any particular candidate, as that is "unfair".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #405
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    From my post:



    I never said anything you claim. I said there were other factors that I think contributed a hell of lot more than the money did.
    All the things you claim were better... money wasn't a factor in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #406
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Obama didn't bother to support him much, and he was right next door.

    No amount of money gives anyone more than 1 vote.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  7. #407
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Wisconsin is a pretty good gauge of the country in actuality. About the same mix nationally as liberals, conservatives and independants. Clearly the fiscal message is embraced, and results matter. Walker produced results in just two year into his administration. His message was tough to hear for most on the left, especially the unions, but one cannot argue with results, and Wisconsin residents weren't buying the tired old rhetoric about grandma and pappy losing services, or that fire police, and teachers would not be able to do their jobs effectively.. Class warfare did not work in WS, and it won't work nationally either. No war on women, no war on the poor, it just sound fiscal policy that produced results almost instantly.

    Romney will point to the success of Walkers policies, and say look America, if it's good for WS, then it'll be good for the country. Obama will say it's Bush's fault, and he needs more time, but it won't wash, and the shere margin of victory in WS should scare the hell out of Obama and Co.

    There really is hope that comes along with real change! Too bad it wasn't the change that the liberals had envisioned.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #408
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    LOL. So voter roll purges, or more acurately, limitting the voters to actual living citizens that are current residents of the state/district, help only the GOP? Hmm... Public employee labor unions are "fair" when they support candidates with tax money taken by force of law from all public employees (in non right to work states), yet corporations that are regulated and taxed by the state should have no ability to support any particular candidate, as that is "unfair".
    Republican voter roll purges have proven to boot off loads of legal voters. You've just bought the bull**** hook, line and sinker statement of dead people and illegal aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #409
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I kind of find it not believable.
    I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #410
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Not sure what this says about me, but I found this video absolutely hilarious. Poor Mike.

    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    "This is the end of Democracy."
    "End of the USA as we know it just happened."
    "Democracy is dead."


    Ahh... sweet tears. Moar! I want moar!
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 41 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •