Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #111
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Listen, I quoted what YOU said. If you wrote other than what you intended, please clarify. Or take ownership of what you said because I wasn't the only person who read what you posted the way I did.

    Here is what you posted: "I see the conservative hacks have already arrived." What did I misunderstand?
    You're misunderstanding that I called somebody a hack. One person, I called, ONE PERSON a hack. I didn't stereotype or complain that nobody has the right to take joy in the election results. That was your own assumption. Some people don't know what hack means. It's not a simple attack to call somebody, it's an extreme partisan person. I considered his response a partisan response. I did not attack anybody for being excited about the election results. That is only in your imagination. I'll say it a million times, I respect you and anybody else for being joyous over these election results.

    Can I put in any clearer for you?

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Please refer to post #88.
    which said nothing then and still says nothing now.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #113
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    The success of Walker in Wisconsin:

    Hey!!!! Do not attempt to bring facts into this discussion!!! WTF is wrong with you????
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #114
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I don't see it as indoctrination. I don't like the way Walker busted the unions, but this week the fiscal numbers came out, and Wisconsin had a surplus, and I believe that was all the difference. Now, we wait and see if there is a price to pay in the way of jobs, education, etc. I will wait and see what happens, but in this election, Walker got his message across better than his opponent did. The money had a lot to do with it, but just as much, Barrett did not tell anyone what his plan was, because he didn't really have one, and that is what killed him.
    I certainly agree that specifics matter specific situations, but I was speaking to a general over all reasoning behind workers supporting policies that go against workers.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #115
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think the point was more about MTP's comment asking how quick liberals come in with conspiracies. That's not just celebrating and jumping for joy, that's immedietely going out of your way to attack the other side.
    Exactly... lol. I don't know why I try to explain myself to some people, but hell, you're a Conservative and you get it.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Wrong. Just. Wrong.
    I don't think so, but I don't know what I'm suppose to respond to there.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    You're misunderstanding that I called somebody a hack. One person, I called, ONE PERSON a hack. I didn't stereotype or complain that nobody has the right to take joy in the election results. That was your own assumption. Some people don't know what hack means. It's not a simple attack to call somebody, it's an extreme partisan person. I considered his response a partisan response. I did not attack anybody for being excited about the election results. That is only in your imagination. I'll say it a million times, I respect you and anybody else for being joyous over these election results.

    Can I put in any clearer for you?
    Thanks. And allow me to point out that "hacks" is a plural, not ONE PERSON.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    CNN has moved on to other news, LMAO

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    As they are poised to gain control of the Senate, its a irrelevant question.

    Directionless rioting is senseless and counter productive. If one were disposed to violence, direct targeting of those who financed this effort would make much more sense and achieve much better and chilling results encouraging other modern day robber barons to stay in the confines of their gated compound and keep their money out of it.

    If one was disposed to violence.

    But peace is the path.
    Here is a long set of direction to make a bomb. Here is a long diatribe about who to use the bomb on. Oh...by the way, don't use bombs, peace is what's needed...

    Your mentality is so transparent I don't know which is more disconcerting...your view point or the slap-in-the-face obvious method of attempting to act like it's not your point of view

  10. #120
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Not anti-worker at all. Just anti Union.
    There's no real difference in this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •