Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #1091
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't need to re-learn history to know that when you thought Walker was toast, it was Democracy in action and it was beautiful. Now, when things didn't go your way, you claim it's "mob rule", and not good.
    They were so sure Walker was outta there. I think what the Union Goons did at the capital and the Fleebaggers who ran out of state rather than vote really did in any chance the Democrats had of success.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  2. #1092
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Kinda like some would love to benefit from education, but not pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Kind of. I see quite a few who don't want educatin paid for. But I'm likely looking ina different direction than you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, what direction is that? Down your nose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly. But do feel free to advance the argument with something constructive.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Do feel free to answer the question. What direction are you looking at it from? Or is it as I suspected...nothing of any substance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ask a valid question and explain what you mean. ALl I saw was an attempt at an insult. If you have something of substance ask it, and explain it as I really don't know what you're asking.
    What. Direction. Are. You. Looking. At. It. From?


    and now another question....which one of those words or series of words do you need explained?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1093
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD, replying to Karl View Post
    Please link us to credible proof that "the government" is destroying unions.
    That's not even funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    First, I'd remind you that "the government" is the will of the people.
    Neither is that. Faux naiveté masquerades poorly as argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Second, I would remind you that our government most often takes the side of workers in union disputes and arbitration. [1] Wasn't it Boeing who was disallowed from moving jobs from a state out east to a RTW state? [2] I don't know how you can make that statement.
    1. No. A complaint was filed. Boeing then settled the issue with the union, and the complaint was withdrawn. Boeing is now building the plane in question where they wanted to. However, you are obviously considering the federal government as the sole government in the country; any casual observer of labor law over the past few decades will have noticed that most of the attacks on unions are at the state level (RTW, for example, as well as the recent stripping of union rights in the state of Wisconsin). Of course the federal government is not innocent of attacks on unions either; witness the Taft Hartley Act.

    2. Because I possess information and rational thought.

  4. #1094
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Deluision and strawmen do not masquerade well as argument. FYI.
    Then heed your own advice and stop doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Unions are being destroyed by the government.
    Unions are destroying themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    There is little one can do to fight back against that, other than at the ballot box (which they are doing, but is an uphill battle against non-stop right wing propaganda and bottomless coffers of right wing corporate money).
    They can go on strike ... see how that works for ya.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #1095
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    [...] They can go on strike ... see how that works for ya.
    Wisconsin teachers, arguably the subject of the thread, are prohibited by law from going on strike.

    Yet another failure in your argument.

  6. #1096
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Wisconsin teachers, arguably the subject of the thread, are prohibited by law from going on strike.

    Yet another failure in your argument.
    Awww... "sick out" a better word? "Walk out" maybe is preferred? Different words... same thing.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #1097
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Wisconsin teachers, arguably the subject of the thread, are prohibited by law from going on strike.

    Yet another failure in your argument.
    They are not prohibited by law. They are prohibited by contract. But that certainly did not stop the Wisconsin Teachers from calling in "sick" and going to a protest. Which lots of teachers did. So much so that from what I heard some schools did not have enough substitute teachers to cover for em.

    And don't try to tell me that if they called in sick then they were sick. Because we all know damn well that they actually were not sick despite thier claims.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #1098
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Wisconsin teachers, arguably the subject of the thread, are prohibited by law from going on strike.

    Yet another failure in your argument.
    Not being protected by the law, is not the same as being prohibited.

    Walk off the job all you want. Go protest where ever you want about it. Don't expect to be welcome back. I don't care what your buddies think of ya.
    Last edited by Aberration; 06-13-12 at 11:08 PM.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  9. #1099
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually what he said is true.......but ONLY for the IMMEDIATE SHORT TERM....over the long term however the opposite is generally true.
    Actually, he's off by a mile, because that money would come out of net profits, after payrolls have been accounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1100
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Delusion and strawmen do not masquerade well as argument. Nor does an inability to follow a conversation. FYI.
    Translation: "I got burned by my own silly comments, now I'm resorting to insults, because it's all I have left"
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •