Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1120

Thread: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

  1. #1011
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Who said anything about obsessing over anything? I believe those are your words, straw man.

    I ask you some things repeatedly, because you never have an answer repeatedly.
    I gave you an answer the first time you asked the question. Go back and look at post #1000. That you asked the question two more times, and are still now claiming it has not been answered, is certainly no strawman -- it is a factual observation, which could lead to a reasonable conclusion.

    In fact, your claim above is the strawman (since I did indeed answer the question).

    obsessive

    2. continually preoccupied with a particular activity, person, or thing
    This is a website for debate. Let's move on.

  2. #1012
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I gave you an answer the first time you asked the question. Go back and look at post #1000. That you asked the question two more times, and are still now claiming it has not been answered, is certainly no strawman -- it is a factual observation, which could lead to a reasonable conclusion.

    In fact, your claim above is the strawman (since I did indeed answer the question).



    This is a website for debate. Let's move on.
    Ok straw man.

  3. #1013
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Since the poster did not provide a link, you cannot make one up for him and claim it to be factual.
    So we should take the post without links as BS. Do you agree?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  4. #1014
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Seems awfully close to be pure coincidence....

    Attachment 67129055
    It is incredibly easy to parrot data published on numerous ‘left leaning’ websites. Unfortunately neither you nor they made any compelling argument for causation. One could argue the middle class’ share of aggregate income is disappearing because of the lack of skilled manufacturing jobs, which left in large part because of the actions of unions (see exhibit in post #992) and our public going to college to study psychology and political science while the rest of the world studies sciences and math.

    And at the same time that their share of aggregate income was declining, for whatever reason, their income has increased. Is this also due to the decrease in union participation?


    File:United States Income Distribution 1947-2007.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Ps. The predictable reply will be ‘see how much higher the top percentile (rich) has grown’.

  5. #1015
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    It is incredibly easy to parrot data published on numerous ‘left leaning’ websites. Unfortunately neither you nor they made any compelling argument for causation. One could argue the middle class’ share of aggregate income is disappearing because of the lack of skilled manufacturing jobs, which left in large part because of the actions of unions (see exhibit in post #992) and our public going to college to study psychology and political science while the rest of the world studies sciences and math.

    And at the same time that their share of aggregate income was declining, for whatever reason, their income has increased. Is this also due to the decrease in union participation?


    File:United States Income Distribution 1947-2007.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Ps. The predictable reply will be ‘see how much higher the top percentile (rich) has grown’.
    I give you points, you do understand the trouble with causal arguments. So few do. I think there are more questions here than answers, and it is possible unions have nothing to do with either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1016
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Attachment 67129057

    One has to wonder. If unions are so GREAT.....why is it that union membership is dropping?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #1017
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    One has to wonder. If unions are so GREAT.....why is it that union membership is dropping?
    The propaganda is working?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1018
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Attachment 67129057

    One has to wonder. If unions are so GREAT.....why is it that union membership is dropping?
    I have been unwillingly in a Union or two. The single most important thing in getting rid of them is the elimination of "Dues Check Off". This is where the employer collects dues for the union out of the employees pay before they get it and turns it over to the Unions. Just the elimination of this process will cripple the Unions. They will fall out of favor as they strong arm members in this bad economy.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  9. #1019
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    I have been unwillingly in a Union or two. The single most important thing in getting rid of them is the elimination of "Dues Check Off". This is where the employer collects dues for the union out of the employees pay before they get it and turns it over to the Unions. Just the elimination of this process will cripple the Unions. They will fall out of favor as they strong arm members in this bad economy.
    You're right. Some would love to benefit from the union but not pay for it. Like I've said, we don;t have a "union" here. But we do have a bargaining group. When we bargan, everyone gets what we bargan for. But only 62% pay for it. It's a good deal to get something for free.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1020
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survives recall effort, NBC News projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're right. Some would love to benefit from the union but not pay for it. Like I've said, we don;t have a "union" here. But we do have a bargaining group. When we bargan, everyone gets what we bargan for. But only 62% pay for it. It's a good deal to get something for free.
    WTF are you talking about? I was forced to pay for it. While I certainly don't mind giving my fair share for collective bargaining, I don't agree with their political donation strategy. Please tell me why I can't opt out of that?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •