Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    You are referring to the U.S., right?
    Which terrorist network is it that the U.S. provides a safe haven to?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #42
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I have no doubt there are elements within Pakistan that are sympathetic to U.S. interests. Unfortunately there is a sizable faction that clearly is not and welcomes the presence of these terrorists in their midst.
    True just as it is true there is also a sizeable faction which hates the terrorists and sides with us against them.

  3. #43
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Which terrorist network is it that the U.S. provides a safe haven to?
    The DoD and the CIA.

  4. #44
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    The DoD and the CIA.
    So you believe all military personnel are terrorists? Interesting. I disagree, but find such an opinion to be fascinating.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    What in the hell does the 9/11 Commission report have to do with anything?

    If you don't believe that the Pakistani Intelligence Network is hand and glove with Al Quaeda - and in fact may control them - then I'm guessing you probably think Pakistan didn't know Bin Laden was living in their country for five years.

    You are either naive or American lives don't mean nearly as much to you as those of terrorists. I'd guess the latter.
    Simple: the American government was aware of the ISI being involved with the Taliban and al Qaeda prior to 9/11 happening, which happened to be omitted from the Commission Report entirely, and has since been on the outside of public knowledge in the US-Pakistan relations sphere.

    And really, you had to go there and assume something? Way to make yourself look like it, man.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Which terrorist network is it that the U.S. provides a safe haven to?
    Regulating your nationalism and patriotism helps answer that question.

  7. #47
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    So you believe all military personnel are terrorists? Interesting. I disagree, but find such an opinion to be fascinating.
    No, and it is my fault for not being more specific. There is no way that I am suggesting that you or Wiggen or other people who served in the Middle East were/are terrorists. US military men and women have nothing to do with foreign policy. They go where they are sent and do what they are ordered to do.

    The ones who give the orders are not the ones who die.

  8. #48
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Just as soon as they stop providing a safe haven for the world's biggest terrorist network.
    Not sure if you have looked around lately, but we are becoming the most open terrorist network in the world. We just have cooler bombs that fly in on stealth UAVs.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #49
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Perhaps you could list for us the actions undertaken by the U.S. Military that met with your approval. Certainly killing Al Quaeda terrorists doesn't seem to be one, considering how all of you true leftists wring your hands with dispair every time it happens.

    Oh god...

    WW2
    Killing Osama Bin Laden (sure i wish he would of be kept alive for trial but the hazy details are that he was grabbing for a gun so had to be shot)
    Civil War
    Revolutionary War

    BTW sorry that i pissed you off so much because i question a report when its not independently verified, and there was a incident that came out with a conclusion that this man has been killed, but in fact he was still alive.
    Last edited by TheDemSocialist; 06-08-12 at 12:11 AM.


  10. #50
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Drone strike kills No. 2 Al Qaeda leader in Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    What in the hell does the 9/11 Commission report have to do with anything?

    If you don't believe that the Pakistani Intelligence Network is hand and glove with Al Quaeda - and in fact may control them - then I'm guessing you probably think Pakistan didn't know Bin Laden was living in their country for five years.

    You are either naive or American lives don't mean nearly as much to you as those of terrorists. I'd guess the latter.
    Your reasoning is a bit wobbly. Talk to us about knowing where bin Laden was 11 years ago and Washington ordered the US military and CIA to stand down. Pakistan knew where bin Laden was. So did we. I'm guessing you didn't know about that.

    You are either naive or American lives don't mean nearly as much to you as those of terrorists. I'd guess the latter.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •