Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    I don't know whether to or . You can't make this stuff up.
    Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,661
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    I thought this must be from The Onion until I read the story. /facepalm

    Heaven forbid a man who murdered 77 people in a single day and is proud as punch about his "accomplishment" be inconvenienced by the isolation necessary to keep other inmates from slitting his throat with their own fingernails. No, no, the Norweigians must hire "friends" who can visit, play chess, and enhance his otherwise solitary existance.

    ..."We are planning a professional community around him, with employees and hired personnel," the warden said.
    Norway should adopt a national tourism slogan: "Come visit beautiful, historic Norway, where we treat our guests as well as we treat our mass murderers!"

    Pardon me while I gag...

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    You know what?

    I'd volunteer.

    Not to be his friend, though I would act the part, but for the opportunity to try to understand a monster from a first person perspective.

    Whether it's a tyrannical dictator or a individual mass murderer like Breivik, how they came to be that way fascinates me not least of all because if we can understand how this came to be, perhaps we can stop it happening again.

    Probably all sounds pretty morbid.

  4. #4
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I thought this must be from The Onion until I read the story. /facepalm

    Heaven forbid a man who murdered 77 people in a single day and is proud as punch about his "accomplishment" be inconvenienced by the isolation necessary to keep other inmates from slitting his throat with their own fingernails. No, no, the Norweigians must hire "friends" who can visit, play chess, and enhance his otherwise solitary existance.



    Norway should adopt a national tourism slogan: "Come visit beautiful, historic Norway, where we treat our guests as well as we treat our mass murderers!"

    Pardon me while I gag...
    Pretty much this. I couldn't argue against this even if I wanted to.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You know what?

    I'd volunteer.

    Not to be his friend, though I would act the part, but for the opportunity to try to understand a monster from a first person perspective.

    Whether it's a tyrannical dictator or a individual mass murderer like Breivik, how they came to be that way fascinates me not least of all because if we can understand how this came to be, perhaps we can stop it happening again.

    Probably all sounds pretty morbid.
    From an intellectual standpoint I understand this, though I doubt I could do it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #5
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,751

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I don't know whether to or . You can't make this stuff up.

    I hope his "friends" are all hung like John Holmes!!!

  6. #6
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    They do things very differently than we do. It isn't illegal to break out of prison either.

    Since its not the American Way, it must be wrong. However, since they have much lower crime rates than we do, maybe, just maybe, there's something to it.

    (it's a real head scratcher I gotta admit)

  7. #7
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    They do things very differently than we do. It isn't illegal to break out of prison either.

    Since its not the American Way, it must be wrong. However, since they have much lower crime rates than we do, maybe, just maybe, there's something to it.

    (it's a real head scratcher I gotta admit)
    I'd bet they don't manufacture criminals where none exist by constantly passing laws that are unnecessary. At least for part of the difference.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #8
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Norwegian prison may hire friends for mass killer Anders Behring Breivik

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I don't know whether to or . You can't make this stuff up.
    This guy is proud of the fact he murdered innocent people and they are going to waste Norwegian tax dollars on paying people to be that monster's friends? I have to wonder what retard wrote that law.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •