Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 548

Thread: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

  1. #471
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323
    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    The thing where the right accuses the left of wanting slack immigration policies just to get new voters is idiotic. It just doesn't line up with the actual timeline at all. Just a few years ago both the Republicans and the Democrats had essentially the same immigration policy. And, the Republicans got decent support from Hispanics. Since then the Republicans launched a massive series of totally unprovoked attacks on Hispanics in general that were unrelated to immigration. The bans on cultural studies courses, racist attacks on Sotomayor by Republican senators, English as a national language, embracing racial profiling, etc. By doing all that, the Republicans moved the Hispanic voters into the Democrats' column, not some change in the Democrats' position on immigration. The Democrats didn't change their position on immigration.
    We've always known that Democrats don't mind having criminals vote for them, because who cares as long as they get voted into office. Whether it be felons or illegals, who cares?

    Sent from my blasted phone.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Liberal Democrats will always have a problem purging their voter base of illegals aliens and dead people
    Post proof or retract.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #473
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    We've always known that Democrats don't mind having criminals vote for them, because who cares as long as they get voted into office. Whether it be felons or illegals, who cares?
    Again- The thing where the right accuses the left of wanting slack immigration policies just to get new voters is idiotic. It just doesn't line up with the actual timeline at all. Just a few years ago both the Republicans and the Democrats had essentially the same immigration policy. And, the Republicans got decent support from Hispanics. Since then the Republicans launched a massive series of totally unprovoked attacks on Hispanics in general that were unrelated to immigration. The bans on cultural studies courses, racist attacks on Sotomayor by Republican senators, English as a national language, embracing racial profiling, etc. By doing all that, the Republicans moved the Hispanic voters into the Democrats' column, not some change in the Democrats' position on immigration. The Democrats didn't change their position on immigration.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  4. #474
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Post proof or retract.
    Don't feed.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Again- The thing where the right accuses the left of wanting slack immigration policies just to get new voters is idiotic. It just doesn't line up with the actual timeline at all. Just a few years ago both the Republicans and the Democrats had essentially the same immigration policy. And, the Republicans got decent support from Hispanics. Since then the Republicans launched a massive series of totally unprovoked attacks on Hispanics in general that were unrelated to immigration. The bans on cultural studies courses, racist attacks on Sotomayor by Republican senators, English as a national language, embracing racial profiling, etc. By doing all that, the Republicans moved the Hispanic voters into the Democrats' column, not some change in the Democrats' position on immigration. The Democrats didn't change their position on immigration.
    If all you say is true, and it most certainly is mostly spin, but even if true, it only illuminates how absolutely desperate Obama is to squeeze every last vote out of his Hispanic base.

    He's going down hard.

  6. #476
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    If all you say is true, and it most certainly is mostly spin, but even if true, it only illuminates how absolutely desperate Obama is to squeeze every last vote out of his Hispanic base.

    He's going down hard.
    Er what lol? If all I say is true, how is it about Obama at all?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  7. #477
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Post proof or retract.
    That was an opinion, feel free to give yours or better yet prove me wrong.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Er what lol? If all I say is true, how is it about Obama at all?
    Its his DoJ. And its his Executive Order last week. He's getting pretty frantic of late. Especially with regard to a voting block that you indicate is in-the-bag.

  9. #479
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Don't feed.
    Good advice!
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  10. #480
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Its his DoJ. And its his Executive Order last week. He's getting pretty frantic of late. Especially with regard to a voting block that you indicate is in-the-bag.
    It was the right thing to do, and a smart move politically. If that's getting frantic then I'd like to see more of it.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •