Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 548

Thread: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

  1. #411
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    You link to an aticle with proof like this:

    Its all supposition and nonsense. From kook lib blog Salon.com. What a crock.
    Honestly man, it is just bizarre that you were not aware of that. You really need to put some serious thought into where you are getting your news from because it seems like you're totally oblivious to half the things that happen in this country- all those things that Republican politicians would rather you not know about, you don't know about.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    You link to an aticle with proof like this:

    Its all supposition and nonsense. From kook lib blog Salon.com. What a crock.
    It's fun to watch righties 'debate'

  3. #413
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,357

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    It's fun to watch righties 'debate'
    Actually, most of us are trying to insrtruct you in things like logic and cognitive thinking.

    And we seem to be failing badly.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  4. #414
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Actually, most of us are trying to insrtruct you in things like logic and cognitive thinking.

    And we seem to be failing badly.
    Maybe if more of you tried actually laying out arguments of some kind instead of just angrily blurting out assumptions?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Honestly man, it is just bizarre that you were not aware of that. You really need to put some serious thought into where you are getting your news from because it seems like you're totally oblivious to half the things that happen in this country- all those things that Republican politicians would rather you not know about, you don't know about.
    There is zero evidence that anyone was disenfranchised in that piece. If your argument is that honest errors are made in any attempt to purge voting records ...... well "no ****" Sherlock !

    What is clear, and which I and others documented, is that Democrats, especially here in Florida, have a history of deliberately trying to dienfranchise legal voters. Such that even the Dem VP candidate in 2000, Joe Lieberman, could not stomach it.

    And now, with this latest legal and proper attempt by our Governor to clean things up, all we get is nonsense, and such as the Holder DoJ, blocking the integrity of the vote just as they block the integrity of our borders. Its second-rate BS from second-rate Americans.

    If you haven't noticed, Holder is going down. Hard.

  6. #416
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    There is zero evidence that anyone was disenfranchised in that piece. If your argument is that honest errors are made in any attempt to purge voting records ...... well "no ****" Sherlock !
    Yeah. Florida Republicans just accidentally purged tens of thousands of minorities from the voting registrar for no reason. Aw shucks! Well mistakes happen, eh?

    Are you freaking kidding me? They didn't like accidentally spill a glass of milk, they committed the largest instance of election fraud since the Jim Crow days. If you're really naive enough to believe that that was an accident then obviously they should never be entrusted with any kind of power again because they would obviously be absurdly and dangerously incompetent. You want to let people who you contend have a shocking history of "accidentally" disenfranchising tens of thousands of minority voters do it again? That would be insane. But in reality of course they knew exactly what they were doing. That is why they kept pressuring the company that made the list to figure out ways to get more names that they could kick out.
    Last edited by teamosil; 06-14-12 at 10:08 PM.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  7. #417
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Life isn't just about treating things conservatives say the same way as things liberals say.
    Life? So now you are defining life? At least you were honest about how dishonest liberals are.

    Reality exists.
    What? Get the **** outta here.... What a load of crap.

    Some things are true and others are not.
    I'll remember this glittering jewel of ignorant posting in the future.

    There have been literally hundreds of studies that have proven, over and over and over, that voting fraud by actually going in to a polling place is statistically insignificant. Many of those studies have been done by right wing organizations even.
    Yeah, unless a liberal claims such then it must be true, is that how it works in your ****ed up little world?

    On the other hand, the Florida felon purge of 2000 was extensively documented and carefully reviewed and widely reported. That actually did happen.
    Felons should not be allowed to vote.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Yeah. Florida Republicans just accidentally purged tens of thousands of minorities from the voting registrar for no reason. Aw shucks! Well mistakes happen, eh?

    Are you freaking kidding me? They didn't like accidentally spill a glass of milk, they committed the largest instance of election fraud since the Jim Crow days. If you're really naive enough to believe that that was an accident then obviously they should never be entrusted with any kind of power again because they would obviously be absurdly and dangerously incompetent. You want to let people who you contend have a shocking history of "accidentally" disenfranchising tens of thousands of minority voters do it again? That would be insane. But in reality of course they knew exactly what they were doing. That is why they kept pressuring the company that made the list to figure out ways to get more names that they could kick out.
    Your article did not document a single entity that had been denied the opportunity to vote that should have been able to vote. Out of "tens of thousands". I quoted that paragraph that was full of "may have" and "could have" ... etc.

    Meanwhile, the Gore camp had real ballots disqualified. Of our men and women in uniform. And Joe Lieberman, on Meet The Press, couldn't stoop that low.

    My reality vs. your fantasy. Rack 'em up !!

  9. #419
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, unless a liberal claims such then it must be true, is that how it works in your ****ed up little world?
    What are you talking about kiddo?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Felons should not be allowed to vote.
    You don't seem to be following the conversation. The 2000 purge was when Florida announced that they were going to purge felons, but the records people only came up with a small number of actual felons. The Republicans were not satisfied, so they hired an outside company to find more names. That company initially confirmed what the state records people said- that there were hardly any actual ex felons registered. But then the state threatened to rescind the contract if they didn't find more. So, they decided to flag everybody who had the same name as a felon for removal even if none of the other information about them matched. That got them up to about 8,000 names. But the Republicans still were not satisfied and they demanded that the company use "broader criteria". So then the company flagged all of the Florida voters who even had a similar name to a felon. So, if there was an ex felon named Mary Johns they would also exclude Mary Johnson and Marion Johns. That's how they got more than 100,000 names to expunge. Most of them were minorities and almost all of them were legal voters.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  10. #420
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Your article did not document a single entity that had been denied the opportunity to vote that should have been able to vote. Out of "tens of thousands". I quoted that paragraph that was full of "may have" and "could have" ... etc.
    I dunno dude. Just re-read the articles I guess. Read them both. Google it and read other stuff on it. If you still don't understand, try to come back with specific questions and I'll see if I can help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Meanwhile, the Gore camp had real ballots disqualified. Of our men and women in uniform. And Joe Lieberman, on Meet The Press, couldn't stoop that low.
    Ballots cast after the recount started... But of course you already knew that.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •