Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 548

Thread: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

  1. #401
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    He doesnt have to be "independent". He simply has to be within the law. Because you are certainly more of an expert than a Secretary of State :P

    Talk about shooting your credibility.
    Given that he is defending himself, he is not in a position to offer a unbiased opinion as to whether he is within the law or not. Using your argument, all accused criminals are innocent because their lawyers say they are.

    But wait -- all accused criminals are guilty because the prosecutors say they are.

    Oh dear, what is a partisan trying to advance a flawed argument to do?

  2. #402
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    This purge is happening more then 90 days after the Florida Primary, and more then 90 days prior to the November General Election.

    Next false point, please?
    Quoted for cluelessness

  3. #403
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The Statute supports the legal interpretations that I quoted.
    Only an alternate reality supports your argument on the 90 days. The facts -- the text of the law -- does not agree with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Further, you think that our Secretary of State, and Governor, have not worked in conjunction with our Attorney General down here, Pam Biondi, and the ample resources of her office, in preparing this ? And you claim that others are "pwned" ?

    How ****ing stupid !!!!!! How retarded !!!
    I agree -- that pretty well sums up Florida's position on the matter. Oh wait -- you were trying to insult me, there, weren't you?

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Only an alternate reality supports your argument on the 90 days. The facts -- the text of the law -- does not agree with you.


    I agree -- that pretty well sums up Florida's position on the matter. Oh wait -- you were trying to insult me, there, weren't you?

    Well Karl. You were the one that started with all this "pwned" stuff.

    And in all candor, that was dumb as ****. And you did it voluntarily.

  5. #405
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    New Black Panther Party goons in uniforms and with clubs, in what was reported by a Democrat poll worker "The worst case of voter intimidation that I have ever seen" goes unprosecuted by the DoJ.
    What Florida did with the purge in 2000 is literally tens of thousands of times worse than what those new black panther party doofuses did. Florida prevented tens of thousands of legal voters from voting. That is voter intimidation, election fraud really, on a radically more extreme level. The new black panthers don't appear to have even prevented one person from voting, but Florida prevented tens of thousands. If you think the new black panthers should have been prosecuted, I would think it would only make sense that you would think that the Florida Republicans should have been locked up for multiple consecutive life sentences... But no. They're defrauding the electoral process in favor of your party, so instead you want to pin a medal on them and you want them to do it again.

    As for why the new black panthers were not prosecuted, it is because what they did wasn't against the law. In my opinion, it should be. But it isn't. They knew exactly what they were doing. They stood right outside of the perimeter where there are special rules around polling places that are more restrictive. Where they were, just the normal everyday constitutional protections and laws applied. The first and second amendments protect their right to assemble, to express their views, even to hold bats and whatnot. Looking scary isn't a crime.

    Also, just so you know, that was only one of about 100 similar cases of voter intimidation around the country. For example, the minutemen in Arizona showed up at about a dozen polling places carrying guns and interogating any Hispanics who tried to vote. Their case was also dismissed by the DOJ for the same reason. The only reason the new black panthers case stands out to you, while you were unaware of the other cases, is because the right wing elements of the media have a Jerry Springeresque fixation with the 100 black supremacists that still actually exist in the country.
    Last edited by teamosil; 06-14-12 at 08:55 PM.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    What Florida did with the purge in 2000 is literally tens of thousands of times worse than what those new black panther party doofuses did. Florida prevented tens of thousands of legal voters from voting.............
    Bull**** .....

  7. #407
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    ...Florida prevented tens of thousands of legal voters from voting. That is voter intimidation, election fraud really, on a radically more extreme level...

    So let me get this straight, If a conservative voices a claim of voter fraud, or intimidation, then all we get back is how unprovable it is, and there is none, or that voter fraud doesn't exist....But libs are able to throw that claim out there at will, and still be credible? What a crock.

    Bunch of dishonest hypocrites if you ask me.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #408
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  9. #409
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So let me get this straight, If a conservative voices a claim of voter fraud, or intimidation, then all we get back is how unprovable it is, and there is none, or that voter fraud doesn't exist....But libs are able to throw that claim out there at will, and still be credible? What a crock.

    Bunch of dishonest hypocrites if you ask me.
    Life isn't just about treating things conservatives say the same way as things liberals say. Reality exists. Some things are true and others are not. There have been literally hundreds of studies that have proven, over and over and over, that voting fraud by actually going in to a polling place is statistically insignificant. Many of those studies have been done by right wing organizations even.

    On the other hand, the Florida felon purge of 2000 was extensively documented and carefully reviewed and widely reported. That actually did happen.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    You link to an aticle with proof like this:

    Florida officials moved to put those falsely accused by Texas back on voter rolls before the election. Nevertheless, the large number of errors uncovered in individual counties suggests that thousands of eligible voters may have been turned away at the polls
    Its all supposition and nonsense. From kook lib blog Salon.com. What a crock.

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •