Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 548

Thread: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

  1. #321
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    However, this is all a red herring since it is -- by federal law -- too close to the election for Florida to be tampering with the voter registration rolls.
    Not just federal law! This is also illegal under Florida law!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #322
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Not just federal law! This is also illegal under Florida law!

    Now that would be a crazy world we live in today if protecting the integrity of the vote is against the law....Congrats progressives, you've almost destroyed the system.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #323
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    What law? There is no law; the governor simply decided to purge some people from the voter registration rolls in an illegal manner (as noted, it is too close to the election). They should have sorted this out on a case-by-case basis a long time ago, instead of trying to institute a bum rush at the last minute (again, circumstantial evidence of an attempt to reduce the voter rolls rather than correct them).


    You have no evidence of any ineligible voters voting. What Scott is doing is creating a scenario where eligible voters will be removed from the rolls -- just as the 385 in predominately Democratic Miami-Dade were, until they fought back. Scott, and the right in general with all this voter fraud hysteria, has created a huge strawman; nothing more, nothing less.

    You have no proof to substantiate your argument, which is quite simply based on hysteria. The proof -- the 385 in Miami-Dade -- all refutes your argument. In fact it refuted it about a hundred posts ago, and the whole right wing voter fraud strawman was refuted months ago -- so why are you still arguing?
    Hysteria!?!? I'll ask a couple of simple question....how many eligible voters have been purged from the voter rolls as of today?

    With a simple yes or no answer, is there a system in place to ensure eligible voters will be able to case their ballot on election day?

  4. #324
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Now that would be a crazy world we live in today if protecting the integrity of the vote is against the law....Congrats progressives, you've almost destroyed the system.

    j-mac

    Spot on!

  5. #325
    Sage
    Disputatious71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 06:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,783
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Agreed that it is extremely wrong for government to arbitrarily deprive American citizens their right to vote but its more than just two soldiers:


    As the link notes, however, this issue is more than simply cleaning up the legal voter list. While I believe Gov. Scott is wrong to deprive citizens their right to vote, the Obama administration, specifically DHS, is wrong to deny access to the SAVE database as noted in the link.
    Which citizens have been deprived their right to vote in Florida by Gov Scott ? Can you name these people and who turned them away from the voting booth? Maybe which city they were turned away from ?
    The question is more important than the answer!

  6. #326
    Sage
    Disputatious71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 06:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,783
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Read this morning that the State of Florida purged 53,000 dead voters from their roles.
    OH MY GOD how will 0bama win Florida now ??? No wonder Democrats are so upset
    The question is more important than the answer!

  7. #327
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    No. It is not. The state has every right to establish protocols by which they verify eligibility to vote. Of course folks will show up that are legal voters, but whom for some reason, their info is not properly on file. The State's only obligation is to provide a reasonable remedy.

    Florida is doing its job. The legal voters of Florida are fine with this.
    Then explain to me why Rick Scott's approval rating has fallen to 31%.

    Of course there will be uncivilized people that support a "state's right" to purge minorities from the voting rolls, but I don't think that the majority of citizens are that brain-dead. And IF a government is tyrannical enough to purge people from the polls, those are the type that should be first to go.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    At the end of the day there is no reason to question the integrity of our elections. The systems and penalties that have been in place for years are remarkably effective. If anything we should be making it EASIER to vote not harder. Any attempt to crack down on the minuscule level of fraud that we have is almost certain to do more harm than good ... IF the objective is to have the most representative elections possible.
    I need hip waders to read your completely unsupported drivel. Voting for President is a privilege. There are age and citizenship and good-standing requirements.

    We are gonna bust all the imposters. To be against that is to be semi-American at best.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Then explain to me why Rick Scott's approval rating has fallen to 31%.

    Of course there will be uncivilized people that support a "state's right" to purge minorities from the voting rolls, but I don't think that the majority of citizens are that brain-dead. And IF a government is tyrannical enough to purge people from the polls, those are the type that should be first to go.
    Well, it would seem the liberal "legislate by approval ratings" knucklehead approach is prefered.

    Nope. Be legal, or you won't vote. Tough ****.

  10. #330
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Voting for President is a privilege.
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

    This is one of the scariest comments I have EVER heard on this website.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •