Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 567

Thread: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

  1. #461
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It would mean I would have to read more of your posts.... No thanks man. I can see it's been clearly explained to you, discussion, is not your motivation here.
    I see. You won't read what's been posted in the thread, so I'm the one who doesn't want a discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #462
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,314

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    This is utterly idiotic.


    If you want 32 oz of soda and can only buy it in 16 oz drinks, you will buy two sodas.



    This accomplishes nothing.


    If it was even goobermint's business to start with, and it isn't.



    As for the impact of obesity... make everyone pay for the own healthcare and all the sudden your neighbor's weight is not your problem!

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #463
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,775

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Your ability to drink soda is not impeded in any way by this legislation.
    It is a free market violation. I want to purchase 32 oz of coke. They can't sell me 32 oz of coke, not because they don't make it, because of legislation. My purchase has been impeded.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,084

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why is that?
    You have to ask? Because this is a country founded on freedom. If we value freedom, then we can't allow the government to be making personal decisions for us, as that is the opposite of freedom.

    ...It is to secure those rights that governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

    If government is not securing our rights, then it is not doing its job, not fulfilling its purpose.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #465
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    It is a free market violation. I want to purchase 32 oz of coke. They can't sell me 32 oz of coke, not because they don't make it, because of legislation. My purchase has been impeded.
    You can purchase 32 oz... just not in one big container.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #466
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    This is not the stupidest thing I have seen a politician say or do...but...it is certainly in the top 5.

    "We’re not taking away anybody’s right to do things, we’re simply forcing you to understand that you have to make the conscious decision to go from one cup to another cup. It’s not perfect, it’s not the only answer, it’s not the only cause of people being overweight – but we’ve got to do something. “We have an obligation to warn you when things are not good for your health.””

    The audacity of that pompous ****...holy...****...

    Go ahead, New York. Elect him again. You get the government you deserve.

  7. #467
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    It is a free market violation.
    So? There's no right to a free market.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #468
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    This is utterly idiotic.


    If you want 32 oz of soda and can only buy it in 16 oz drinks, you will buy two sodas.



    This accomplishes nothing.


    If it was even goobermint's business to start with, and it isn't.



    As for the impact of obesity... make everyone pay for the own healthcare and all the sudden your neighbor's weight is not your problem!
    It certainly does accomplish something

    It prevents fast food places from bundling 32-oz sugary drinks with the discounted meals. If someone wants 32-oz of sugary beverage, they'll have to buy a seperate 16-oz drink at the undiscounted price. Reasonable people can see that many will not buy the additional drink, leading to a lower consumption of said sugary beverages
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #469
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You have to ask?
    It's a great question because peopel often say it as though it's true, when it's not.

    Because this is a country founded on freedom.
    A country founded with slavery is not a country founded on freedom.

    Our country was founded on democracy, not freedom. Big difference.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #470
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    01-17-18 @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You have to ask? Because this is a country founded on freedom. If we value freedom, then we can't allow the government to be making personal decisions for us, as that is the opposite of freedom.

    ...It is to secure those rights that governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

    If government is not securing our rights, then it is not doing its job, not fulfilling its purpose.
    The govt makes personal decisions all the time for us, and that's a good thing. For example, govt has decided that you do not have the freedom to rape people.

    Most of us realize that this is A Good Thing...libertarians, not so much
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •