Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 567

Thread: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

  1. #341
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    It's a ridiculous proposal. It doesn't even solve a problem. In fact, it will just create more garbage as it will double the amount given that people will be buying two 16 oz cups as opposed to one 32 oz cup.


    but you can still by a 40 oz 8 ball, and use it to down a chocolate donut, yo!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    but you can still by a 40 oz 8 ball, and use it to down a chocolate donut, yo!
    fo' shizzle!!!!!!

  3. #343
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Being discussed =/= pretending it affects you.
    If I can show that it will affect me...either directly or indirectly then it is relevent to discuss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It hasn't affected you in any way, so if you claim it has, then you are lying.
    Thats the thing. No one has said that it has affected them (not counting those that live there). Only that it could affect them. That is the difference between your arguement and mine. I have already admitted that this particular law does not directly affect me. I have also said that it could affect me indirectly and I showed how.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's an argument from ignorance fallacy.
    Just because it is not known as fact does not make it a fallacy. The thought process is based on probability which is based on several other factors...such as the knowledge that a politician knows that if they do something they know will be unpopular by a majority of people then they will be voted out. Which of course no politician wants unless they want to retire. So naturally they would not openly support such a policy...even if they personally think that such a policy is a good policy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Based on the available evidence, I'd make an educated guess of 0 times.
    And based on probability?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    True. but taking steps that aren't successful really just means "tough ****, the people have spoken and they disagree with you. Don't like it? You always have the choice to move."
    Or we can continue to try and change peoples minds and change the law....and the politician.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You rectify the situation the next time around. It's your own duty to become informed about what your local political are for or against If you haven't done your due diligence then you are at fault because ignorance is no defense. If they lie and claim they are for something when they are against it or vice versa, then it's on them.
    As I already said, it is impossible to know everything that a politician will or will not do. You could soak up and know every single bit of information that is available and you still wouldn't know everything that a politician will or will not do. The only way to know everything that a politician will do is be that politician...which doesn't exactly help those that are not that politician does it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not directly, but I can extrapolate the assumption that they probably would form all of the other idiotic **** they have passed.
    Which is all that I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not about that issue, but it doesn't take a genius to guess where they might lean based on their stances on other issues.
    Knowing their stances on other issues does not help when they go after something that has nothing to do with those other issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I agree, but as I said it doesn't take a genius to guess where politicians might lean on most issues based on their stances on other issues. A politician I would support would be the type who would never vote for this. I'm in the minority politically where I live, though, so I have to accept that my choice to live here means I am subjected to laws created by idiots who were voted for by idiots. I make that choice, thus I'm never a victim.
    Bold: That is the key word. "Most". Most does not equal "all".

    Also you may have a choice on where you live. Not everyone does. Particularly the poor and the infirm. Moving takes money. Not everyone has the money to move.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That's a silly assumption. It wastes time that could be spent on more effective means of creating change.
    It's only silly if the chance of it being effective is 0%.

    Also what is and what isn't effective can depend greatly on location.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #344
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    A business doesn't have the right to sell products of their choosing?
    Of course they don't. Go open up an ice cream parlor that sells liquor, guns and Bengal tiger penises. See where that gets you.

    A person doesn't have the right to buy products of their choosing?
    Of course they don't. Go out and buy some heroin, dead babies, and Bengal tiger penises. See where that gets you.

    What if the town mandated everyone wear pink.
    If that's what they decide to legislate, more power to them.

    Then the people would not have the right to choose what they wore.
    So?

    When did a big gulp become a controlled substance?
    The moment it was something that was controlled.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #345
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Of course they don't. Go open up an ice cream parlor that sells liquor, guns and Bengal tiger penises. See where that gets you.



    Of course they don't. Go out and buy some heroin, dead babies, and Bengal tiger penises. See where that gets you.
    The difference between your analogy and what is actually happening is that heroin, dead babies, and Bengal tiger penises is that those are completely illegal to buy. Where as a soda is a legal product.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #346
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Hash browns are also yummy. It's a lost art on the East Coast it seems. Actually, I don't think they properly understand breakfast at all. I mean, they have no biscuits and gravy out here. How the hell do they not have biscuits and gravy!? Sounds like communism to me! And pork roll....WTF is pork roll. I've seen many a pig in my day, I ain't ever seen a "pork roll".
    You must be confused with "Northeast"

    Here in the south, we haz bizkits and gravy.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The difference between your analogy and what is actually happening is that heroin, dead babies, and Bengal tiger penises is that those are completely illegal to buy. Where as a soda is a legal product.
    And alcohol is illegal for a certain part of the population.

  8. #348
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Get a rope!

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Pace does not qualify as a hot sauce/salsa.
    As a proud member of the company that makes it, I have to disagree.

    We did have a commercial, some years back, that expressed a very appropriate and very true sentiment…

    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  9. #349
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Ummm you do know that in a society freedoms are often curtailed for the benefit of said society, right? You don't have the right to buy nuclear bombs. You don't have the right to buy dangerous materials. Dangerous goods are often removed from the shelves if they are found to be a threat to society. So, your viewpoint is a tad bit warped.


    Sorry, but all freedoms should not be indulged. Businesses are concerned solely with generating wealth, public health be damned.
    Cell phones: 50 percent increase in frontal and temporal lobe tumors in children

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 by: Lloyd Burrell

    (NaturalNews) The Office of National Statistics in the United Kingdom discovered a 50 percent increase in frontal and temporal lobe tumors in children during the ten year span covering 1999 to 2009. Was this a result of cell phone radiation?

    The Department of Health in the UK would appear to think so. One in three children under the age of ten currently has a cellphone in their possession. The governmental agency put out the following statement: "Children should only use mobile phones for essential purposes and keep all calls short."

    The facts: while adults definitely absorb some radiation from using cellphones, children are at considerably greater risk. When compared to adults, children's brains can take in up to three times the amount of radiation.

    Cell phones: 50 percent increase in frontal and temporal lobe tumors in children
    Shall we ban cell phones for children?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  10. #350
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Indeed, some folks are just using this thread as an excuse to bash NYC.
    No excuse needed. This is just one more example that demonstrates what most of us outside that [solid digestive waste]hole of a city know about it; but which those such as yourself, who are in over your heads in all the corruption, fraud, and sheer stupidity, cannot see.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •