Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 567

Thread: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

  1. #321
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    So let's review Bloomberg the statist tyrant king douche....



    NY Mayor Bloomberg Follows Soda Ban With…National Donut Day? | Mediaite



    Chocolate coconut donut

    550 calories....

    Donuts | Dunkin' Donuts



    32 oz. (double the moron's soda limit)


    330 calories....


    Calories in McDonald's Beverages - Coke - Large 32 oz cup - Nutrition Facts & Other Nutritional Information | LIVESTRONG.COM



    So you statist asshole, you want to explain why you aren't a totalitarian hypocrite?





    And so, the next time I am at Yankees stadium, I can buy a 32 oz beer (2 beer limit per transaction, for a total of 64 oz), But I am limited to one 16 oz of soda? Good thing I take the ****ing train from irvington, NY.... /facepalm



    Bloomberg defends supporting Donut Day while banning sugary drinks* - NY Daily News
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #322
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Who says that I won't? Or that I haven't already? That is neither here nor there. This is a forum in which things get discussed.
    Being discussed =/= pretending it affects you.


    Sorry, not lying. I've already explained why.
    It hasn't affected you in any way, so if you claim it has, then you are lying.



    It's true isn't it?
    It's an argument from ignorance fallacy.

    Do YOU know how often some stupid legislation has been stopped cold before it even started because people are doing the same thing?
    Based on the available evidence, I'd make an educated guess of 0 times.

    This, of course would be a guess, since I do not know for sure. But I also don't know for sure that taking a **** on a wildebeest's vagina has never earned someone a college degree.

    Just because you can make a fallacious argument doesn't mean it's a logically valid one.


    Thanks!
    You're welcome!

    Taking steps and having those steps successful are two different things.
    True. but taking steps that aren't successful really just means "tough ****, the people have spoken and they disagree with you. Don't like it? You always have the choice to move."


    Also a politician does not always reveal everything that they are for or against. What are you going to do about that? Especially when its an off the wall piece of crap legislation.

    You rectify the situation the next time around. It's your own duty to become informed about what your local political are for or against If you haven't done your due diligence then you are at fault because ignorance is no defense. If they lie and claim they are for something when they are against it or vice versa, then it's on them.

    While true there is nothing that says that we can't try and have a stupid piece of legislation stopped.
    Of course not. Why do you think that's relevant to the issue I've been discussing?



    Would your reps support bloombergs proposed legislation?

    Probably. They are ****ing idiots. I voted against every one of the dickheads.

    Do you know?
    I have a pretty good idea.

    Have you asked them?
    Not directly, but I can extrapolate the assumption that they probably would form all of the other idiotic **** they have passed.

    Did you ask them before they were elected?
    Not about that issue, but it doesn't take a genius to guess where they might lean based on their stances on other issues.

    Not every single little detail of how someone is going to be in office is ever talked about and covered...assuming that every politician will be honest of course.
    I agree, but as I said it doesn't take a genius to guess where politicians might lean on most issues based on their stances on other issues. A politician I would support would be the type who would never vote for this. I'm in the minority politically where I live, though, so I have to accept that my choice to live here means I am subjected to laws created by idiots who were voted for by idiots. I make that choice, thus I'm never a victim.

    But it sure can't hurt.
    That's a silly assumption. It wastes time that could be spent on more effective means of creating change.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #323
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    They are restricing only SOME sales, the product is legal, only the "serving size" is being changed, for SOME retailers. Buyng two 16 oz. cups of soda is legal, buying one 32 oz. cup of soda is not. That is insane, as now two cups (lids and straws) go to the landfill, the price goes up and NOBODY benefits. Think, before you drink, even koolaid (if it remains legal).
    I agree that the law is asinine in the extreme, but the fact remains that there are no rights being violated.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #324
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So let's review Bloomberg the statist tyrant king douche....

    NY Mayor Bloomberg Follows Soda Ban With…National Donut Day? | Mediaite

    Chocolate coconut donut

    550 calories....

    Donuts | Dunkin' Donuts

    32 oz. (double the moron's soda limit)

    330 calories....

    Calories in McDonald's Beverages - Coke - Large 32 oz cup - Nutrition Facts & Other Nutritional Information | LIVESTRONG.COM

    So you statist asshole, you want to explain why you aren't a totalitarian hypocrite?

    And so, the next time I am at Yankees stadium, I can buy a 32 oz beer (2 beer limit per transaction, for a total of 64 oz), But I am limited to one 16 oz of soda? Good thing I take the ****ing train from irvington, NY.... /facepalm

    Bloomberg defends supporting Donut Day while banning sugary drinks* - NY Daily News
    Well this just made everything a lot more ridiculous.

  5. #325
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's pretend. They can buy a two-liter and a 32.oz cup if they want. Nobody has a right to big gulps.
    That is the issue. Sure you can go buy a 32 oz cup and a 2 liter soda. Great. But you can't do it at certain locations. That is wrong. That is removing freedom. The government should not be in control of your personal decisions.

    What if they pass a bill that everyone has to wear black so NYC looks slimmer when they are buying at a fast food restaurant? Would that be ok?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #326
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    That is the issue. Sure you can go buy a 32 oz cup and a 2 liter soda. Great. But you can't do it at certain locations. That is wrong. That is removing freedom. The government should not be in control of your personal decisions.
    HOw is that different from regulating where people can buy alcohol? Or food? Or porn?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #327
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I tend to agree. Even though I wouldn't be extremely against "sin taxes," I think the best means of handling obesity is by implementing solutions that don't limit peoples' actions. Putting calories on a menu is something that fits that definition and it also forces people to continuously see the ridiculousness of what they're putting in their bodies. I would think that more focus on maintaining a healthy body in school would be a nice solution as well.
    An even better solution would be to end the food subsidies.

    2012 Farm Bill Summary | National Pork Producers Council

    The National Pork Producers Council supports the argricultural subsidies, but we already knew that they love pork
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #328
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I agree that the law is asinine in the extreme, but the fact remains that there are no rights being violated.
    When a rightwinger whines about their rights being violated, it means "I don't like it"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #329
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    When a rightwinger whines about their rights being violated, it means "I don't like it"
    Thats what it means when anyone whines about their rights be violated.

    Unless you are suggesting there are people who whine about their rights being violated who like it.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  10. #330
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Thats what it means when anyone whines about their rights be violated.

    Unless you are suggesting there are people who whine about their rights being violated who like it.
    Wrong. When a rightwinger does it, there's usually no violation of any rights. When a leftwinger does it, there usually is
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •