“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
Which is why we had FCC for so long able to "censor" television from the poor children who might see inappropriate things because their parents are too f*****g lazy to actually change the channel.
Last edited by Erod; 05-31-12 at 11:23 AM.
It's so ridiculous that it makes you laugh (so long as you don't live in NYC).
So let me get this straight -
- I can't buy a large coffee or tea that is sweetened - I have to buy it unsweetened and walk over to the condiments table and put the sugar in myself.
- You may no longer buy a 20oz medium soda with free refills. Instead, you'll be forced to buy a 16oz small with free refills. That restriction alone could curb the obesity epidemic - I just know it!
- Now wait just a minute! You mean I'll no longer be able to enjoy a two liter bottle of Coke with my lunch? Haha! Fools! I'll just stuff a six-pack into my lunch box and drink that instead! Muhahaha!
- Diet soda is perfectly fine - of course, people who consume diet soda get just as fat as people who drink the real thing - but, if these regulations had to make sense, they'd never have been proposed!
- 70% fruit juice is okay, but fruit juice with sugar is not - uhh, when was the last time you saw sugar free juice? You DO know that fruit juice has more sugar and calories than Coke? Right? Right? Bueller?
- What do you mean you want a venti unsweet latte? Do you realize there's a whole cup of milk in that drink you fat pig? That's enough to fill a small glass!
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
― Stephen R. Covey