Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 567

Thread: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

  1. #281
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Please stop side stepping what I am saying. This is a limitation on freedoms. No ones freedoms should be limited in our country. The freedom of choice should be maintained. I don't care if I can buy a 32 oz of soda. I care if someone else can or can't.
    So you **** on the rights of people to have control over their won local government. You don't care about limitations on freedoms and rights, you care about your limitations placed upon your concept of freedoms and rights.

    If people want to live in an area that bans the sale of 32 oz drinks, they have the right to vote in legislators who will pass such ordinances.



    I live and work in and around NYC.
    you just said you didn't want it spilling into CT. Why would you say that is you live in NY? Clearly you are lying, it's just a matter of which thing is a lie.

    If You live in NY, then obviously my statements don't apply to you since they are about people who don't live in NY.

    If you only work in NY, then it's your own damned fault for allowing your "rights" to be infringed upon by not having any voting power in a region that directly affects you. In that case, I say tough ****. It's not my fault you relinquished your right to self-governance.

    As a libertarian, I choose freedom, not limitations.
    Then why do you support limiting people's legislative rights over their own local region?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #282
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    @Tucker Case

    While I disagree with his stance, I don't think it's a strong argument against Blue_State to merely say that if you don't agree with the law, then move.
    I didn't say that he should move. He implied that he lived in CT, not New york.


    People put up with laws they disagree with everywhere but are forced to cope with them or must attempt to change the law. I can see your point, that this isn't a proposed piece of federal legislation, but to many New Yorkers, especially those with a low income, we can assume that it might as well be.

    Ultimately, it's the New Yorkers fault if they have to deal with laws they disagree with. I deal with stupid laws every day here in Chicago. It pisses me off just like anyone else.

    But I don't chose to move because I love it here despite all of the things I disagree with. Since I make that choice, I can't pretend to be a victim. I take personal responsibility in how the laws piss me off.

    People always have the option to move. ****, it's probably a hell of a lot easier for low income people to move than it is for people who have a lot of stuff, a home, etc. ****ty low paying jobs are a dime a dozen. Rent's probably cheaper somewhere else. And quite frankly, their broke asses shouldn't be worrying about not being able to buy a 32 oz soda anyway. As far as things go, no broke mother ****er is going to have a worse life because they couldn't get a goddamned big gulp.

    I'm just sick as hell of this victim mentality nonsense. One side is pretending to be the victims because the sugary pop is too ****ing big and the other side is pretending to be the victims because they can't buy an absurdly large sugary pop.

    The whole thing is downright pathetic.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #283
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Oh no, they don't use them, they eat them.
    That explains the obvious brain disorders!
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  4. #284
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I didn't say that he should move. He implied that he lived in CT, not New york.





    Ultimately, it's the New Yorkers fault if they have to deal with laws they disagree with. I deal with stupid laws every day here in Chicago. It pisses me off just like anyone else.

    But I don't chose to move because I love it here despite all of the things I disagree with. Since I make that choice, I can't pretend to be a victim. I take personal responsibility in how the laws piss me off.

    People always have the option to move. ****, it's probably a hell of a lot easier for low income people to move than it is for people who have a lot of stuff, a home, etc. ****ty low paying jobs are a dime a dozen. Rent's probably cheaper somewhere else. And quite frankly, their broke asses shouldn't be worrying about not being able to buy a 32 oz soda anyway. As far as things go, no broke mother ****er is going to have a worse life because they couldn't get a goddamned big gulp.

    I'm just sick as hell of this victim mentality nonsense. One side is pretending to be the victims because the sugary pop is too ****ing big and the other side is pretending to be the victims because they can't buy an absurdly large sugary pop.

    The whole thing is downright pathetic.
    I agree, it is pathetic.

    But what do you expect? When our most prolific diseases are obesity, diabetes and heart disease, and those are all tied together. And we are all having to pay for it... yeah naturally there are going to be people who want to put a stop to the nonsense.

    In the end. Do whatever the hell you want. Once you get your hand out of my pocket.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  5. #285
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The only people I know of who don't like biscuits and gravy are communists and terrorists.

    Also hot sauce goes on eggs, not ketchup.

    Pace does not qualify as a hot sauce/salsa. (McIlhenny's Tabasco will suffice in a pinch)

    But to really make eggs really stand out is to serve them with Arriba! Roasted Chipotle Salsa
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  6. #286
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So you **** on the rights of people to have control over their won local government. You don't care about limitations on freedoms and rights, you care about your limitations placed upon your concept of freedoms and rights.

    If people want to live in an area that bans the sale of 32 oz drinks, they have the right to vote in legislators who will pass such ordinances.
    They aren't voting on this. Their Board of Health is going to vote it up or down. Where is the representation of the people?




    you just said you didn't want it spilling into CT. Why would you say that is you live in NY? Clearly you are lying, it's just a matter of which thing is a lie.

    If You live in NY, then obviously my statements don't apply to you since they are about people who don't live in NY.

    If you only work in NY, then it's your own damned fault for allowing your "rights" to be infringed upon by not having any voting power in a region that directly affects you. In that case, I say tough ****. It's not my fault you relinquished your right to self-governance.
    Great, now I am liar because you don't understand the geography and relationships of lower Connecticut and New York City. For a majority of people who live in Lower Connecticut, specifically Fairfield County, they commute to work in and around NYC. I don't live in NY. My company works in NY and OMG, in NYC.

    Then why do you support limiting people's legislative rights over their own local region?
    They didn't vote on this, and I don't remember Bloomberg running on a platform to remove products from the shelves. If the people of NYC vote for this nonsense, fine. But at this point, I don't feel the people are being represented.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #287
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    yeah naturally there are going to be people who want to put a stop to the nonsense.
    The thing is, banning big soda won't put a stop to the nonsense. I get why New Yorkers might be pissed about this, but it shouldn't be based on the size soda they are allowed to buy. It's perfectly reasonable to be pissed off that people you voted for, or people who have control over your local government even if you voted against them, are passing such ridiculous nonsense that doesn't have any effect on the issue it's pretending to affect.

    I would oppose the **** out of such a law in Chicago, and I'd vote against anyone who had a hand in creating/implementing such a law, not because it is a limitation of freedom, but because it'll be about as efficient towards stopping obesity as ****ting on a wildebeest's vagina is towards earning a college degree. One thing I dislike more than the victim mentality is utter incompetence in elected officials.

    But since it's not Chicago, and therefore it has nothing to do with me, I just think to myself "What a gaggle of morons" and move on.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #288
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    So will people be able to bur 32 oz diet sodas?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #289
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    They aren't voting on this. Their Board of Health is going to vote it up or down. Where is the representation of the people?
    The board of Health is appointed by an elected official, no?



    Great, now I am liar because you don't understand the geography and relationships of lower Connecticut and New York City.
    No, you lied because you said "I live and work in and around NYC."

    You don't live in and around NYC. You live in Connecticut. You made the choice to live in a place different from where you work.



    For a majority of people who live in Lower Connecticut, specifically Fairfield County, they commute to work in and around NYC.
    And they made the chocie to work in a plac ewhere they do not have a right to have democratic legislative power.

    I don't live in NY.
    Then you lied when you said you live and work in and around NYC.

    My company works in NY and OMG, in NYC.
    It sucks for you that you chose to work in a place where you have no say in the local government.

    They didn't vote on this, and I don't remember Bloomberg running on a platform to remove products from the shelves.
    Then they need to vote his ass out next chance they can and put someone in who will rescind this stupid law, if it passes of course. If they are up in arms about it, though,m they should vote his ass out regardless of what happens.

    If the people of NYC vote for this nonsense, fine. But at this point, I don't feel the people are being represented.
    If they aren't being represented, then they need to do something about it. They can vote out Bloomberg as soon as possible. If they don't do that, then they are getting the representation they deserve and ask for.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #290
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

    This is one of the silliest things I've heard in some time, it will do nothing to curb peoples waistlines.


Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •