Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 530

Thread: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

  1. #211
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, and the only "change" I made is in that I agree that employers count it as compensation. It is still not yours in the respect of you don't pay for the lion share of the premium in many cases, and you don't negotiate the policy coverages. The plan is offered to you and you either take it or you don't simple as that.

    j-mac
    I don't pay the lions share of my cash either. Again, it is compensation. You agree it is compensation. As such, it belongs to the empolyee. And yes, a good number do negotiate. But, we don't negotiate minimum wage, so again, that wouldn't matter. So, it is not as simple as you present.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #212
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't pay the lions share of my cash either. Again, it is compensation. You agree it is compensation. As such, it belongs to the empolyee. And yes, a good number do negotiate. But, we don't negotiate minimum wage, so again, that wouldn't matter. So, it is not as simple as you present.
    Well, good for you. The fact of the matter is that like I said in the beginning of our to and fro, is true...other than union negotiation scenarios, Health Ins. is purchased by the employer, coverage limits, and what is or isn't covered is set up by the employer, and the only say you have as an employee is whether or not you'd like to enroll in the plan. Now if you continue to make yourself look foolish by insisting that you own that policy, then tell me what happens to it when you leave that employment?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, good for you. The fact of the matter is that like I said in the beginning of our to and fro, is true...other than union negotiation scenarios, Health Ins. is purchased by the employer, coverage limits, and what is or isn't covered is set up by the employer, and the only say you have as an employee is whether or not you'd like to enroll in the plan. Now if you continue to make yourself look foolish by insisting that you own that policy, then tell me what happens to it when you leave that employment?


    j-mac
    We don't have a union. Sorry.

    But as you're missing the point, let me ask, does the employer set minimum wage, which is also compensation?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #214
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We don't have a union. Sorry.

    But as you're missing the point, let me ask, does the employer set minimum wage, which is also compensation?
    No, but the employer at this time is not bound by law to offer health insurance either. So, answer the question to you Joe...What happens to that insurance when you leave the job?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #215
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, but the employer at this time is not bound by law to offer health insurance either. So, answer the question to you Joe...What happens to that insurance when you leave the job?

    j-mac
    They are bound to pay me at least minimum wage with a few exceptions. And I don't take their pay check with me when I leave either. Now, you can do the whole you're silly thing, or consider what is being said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #216
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They are bound to pay me at least minimum wage with a few exceptions. And I don't take their pay check with me when I leave either. Now, you can do the whole you're silly thing, or consider what is being said.
    Can the employer terminate your job?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #217
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Can the employer terminate your job?


    j-mac
    Sure can. Not the issue though.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #218
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure can. Not the issue though.
    Oh absolutely they can, now humor me if you will...Can a company discontinue offering health insurance?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #219
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh absolutely they can, now humor me if you will...Can a company discontinue offering health insurance?

    j-mac
    Sure can. Again, not the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #220
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure can. Again, not the issue.
    Great. So the employer can fire you, and or do away with your health insurance....You don't own either.....Thanks for playin'.



    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •