Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 530

Thread: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

  1. #131
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What I don't get is why it's more important to mandate complete coverage of birth control but not maintenance meds that are pretty much necessary?



    Because it has nothing to do with birth control, just control.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's a church, they offer, as you claimed, at thier pleasure, this benefit, why would they not get to choose what they cover? If you don't like that they don't cover your condoms, get another job...


    Furthermore, it's a church, thier teachings are against BC, however wacky that is, the USC mandates a restriction on the FEDGOV of intefering with thier religious beliefs.
    It's not a church. A hospital is a hospital. A school is a school. Neither is a church. And just as they can't ignore minimum wage, they can't ignore the insurance mandate. I'm sorry, but you're ignoring the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Because it has nothing to do with birth control, just control.
    Control of white males over women? You may right that this is what the church wants.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not a church. A hospital is a hospital. A school is a school. Neither is a church. And just as they can't ignore minimum wage, they can't ignore the insurance mandate. I'm sorry, but you're ignoring the point.


    So catholic schools should not teach creationism, and be forced to teach evolution? No one is ignoring your point, it is being dismissed as the statist bile it is.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,307

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Control of white males over women? You may right that this is what the church wants.
    That's just ignorant. It's about their moral convictions that birth control is wrong. Like I said though, from a health perspective it's completely absurd to mandate coverage of birth control while maintenance meds aren't covered. Why pay for some woman's Nuva ring or Trinessa when someone else has to pay $50 for heart medication?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So catholic schools should not teach creationism, and be forced to teach evolution? No one is ignoring your point, it is being dismissed as the statist bile it is.
    Not in science class, as it isn't science. But, this is a different area. You step outside the bounds of what the issue and go too far afield. The government has very few rules on education, which many actually complain about. but if they had such a rule, the schools would not be exempt.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #137
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Control of white males over women? You may right that this is what the church wants.



    so the church is a bunch of misogynistic white racists who wants to control women? maybe you should just round them all up and gass em.... I mean if were going to post stupid ****, MIRITE?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    That's just ignorant. It's about their moral convictions that birth control is wrong. Like I said though, from a health perspective it's completely absurd to mandate coverage of birth control while maintenance meds aren't covered. Why pay for some woman's Nuva ring or Trinessa when someone else has to pay $50 for heart medication?
    Then they shouldn't use it. Stick with viagra.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    so the church is a bunch of misogynistic white racists who wants to control women? maybe you should just round them all up and gass em.... I mean if were going to post stupid ****, MIRITE?
    I think the small percentage who are making this issue are to some degree. Yes. Not all, of course. But they are inconcsistent on this and are much too concerned with women issues.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #140
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not in science class, as it isn't science. But, this is a different area. You step outside the bounds of what the issue and go too far afield. The government has very few rules on education, which many actually complain about. but if they had such a rule, the schools would not be exempt.

    ahh yes, so you wish to impose your beliefs, morals and views upon the catholic church and other religions. Now your argument as a statist authoritarian makes much sense. We can simply agree to disagree, as I am not a statist, and do not support oppressive government regiemes and control. You do.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •