Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 530

Thread: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

  1. #111
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    File for a refund if you are making less than 40k a year. I am not going to sit here an explain tax laws to you because you want to derail a subject religion and birth control. irs.gov is a start. good luck and have a nice day.
    thanks for nothing.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Utter nonsense.... The healthcare is a benefit, they cannot tell the employer. "no thank you, I'd like to take the cash instead". The church does not want it's money going to things its against. You as a statist have no problem pissing on the constitution if it goes your way.

    The benefit is compensation. And in some cases some employers do let you take cash instead (we did that here for a few years). It is compensation for work. Not a gift. It is negotiated as comepnsation. Sorry rev, but you're just wring on this. Agian, go ask your employer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    same can be said about the state i'm sure you don't agree with everything it makes you do. and i have yet to see how your yapping refutes or shreds anything and it matters not what jibber jabber you spew it will not change that fact. so ha!!


    please google the 1st amendment, then come back to the conversation, it seems you wish to ignore one of the founding tenents, that liberals love to tout when it benefits them, of this amendment....

    let me know when you have caught up. Thanks.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #114
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    then your and tecoy';s point makes no sense. thanks for playing.,
    you make no sense!! so ha!!

  5. #115
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The benefit is compensation. And in some cases some employers do let you take cash instead (we did that here for a few years). It is compensation for work. Not a gift. It is negotiated as comepnsation. Sorry rev, but you're just wring on this. Agian, go ask your employer.

    The Good Reverend is an employer, not an employee. You keep saying the same thing, as if the more times you say it it becomes true. You said yourself, the church does not have to offer HC plans, so if they CHOOSE to, it is not the business of the state to tell them it must cover something they do not support. This is where you fail. Read the constitution sometime.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #116
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    please google the 1st amendment, then come back to the conversation, it seems you wish to ignore one of the founding tenents, that liberals love to tout when it benefits them, of this amendment....

    let me know when you have caught up. Thanks.
    you need to reread it yourself.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    please google the 1st amendment, then come back to the conversation, it seems you wish to ignore one of the founding tenents, that liberals love to tout when it benefits them, of this amendment....

    let me know when you have caught up. Thanks.
    1st amendment has nothing to do with. The employees we speak of are not clergy, and not doing religious work. The church has ventrued out side the church, and when they do that, they are not protected.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The Good Reverend is an employer, not an employee. You keep saying the same thing, as if the more times you say it it becomes true. You said yourself, the church does not have to offer HC plans, so if they CHOOSE to, it is not the business of the state to tell them it must cover something they do not support. This is where you fail. Read the constitution sometime.
    Then you should know better. Emplyers also choose what salary they pay for the job, and all kinds of other compensation. All of it is for the work and not by the goodness of their hearts. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #119
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1st amendment has nothing to do with. The employees we speak of are not clergy, and not doing religious work. The church has ventrued out side the church, and when they do that, they are not protected.


    Ahh so will you be forcing jewish and muslim charities to serve pork, I mean after all, they are employees, not clergy, and who they help, them to, as they stepped outside thier "churches"... right?

    while we are at it, we should force catholic hospitals to perform elective abortions, after all they are "employees" not "clergy"......


    Your logic fails at ALL levels.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #120
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Ahh so will you be forcing jewish and muslim charities to serve pork, I mean after all, they are employees, not clergy, and who they help, them to, as they stepped outside thier "churches"... right?

    while we are at it, we should force catholic hospitals to perform elective abortions, after all they are "employees" not "clergy"......


    Your logic fails at ALL levels.
    They do in their secular businesses. People who are not Jewish or Muslim who work for businesses they own, do on occassion eat pork.

    And doctors and nurses at Catholic hospitals do perfrom things not accepted by the church. You shoudl go work at one for awhile.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •