Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 530

Thread: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

  1. #101
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    hey i'm willing to get a lesson on not paying federal taxes that would help a lot. i think it's something like a 1/4 of my check goes to the federal income tax.
    File for a refund if you are making less than 40k a year. I am not going to sit here an explain tax laws to you because you want to derail a subject religion and birth control. irs.gov is a start. good luck and have a nice day.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #102
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    that is pretty much what his logic leads to. he keeps yapping about tax issues, then compares a religious organization, made up of tax payers, to, wait for it.... tax payers as individuals.... but says the organization of tax payers is exempt, meaning, from what I gather, the government should be able to dictate to it or something, there his "logic" loses me. I bet he'll also be one of those "corporations aren't peoplez".....

    See his simplistic disconnect?
    I see...you have the uncanny ability to extrapolate the thoughts of others to conclusion.

    Unfortunately, you begin what you term "Logic", by removing the snippets you wish from context. Added to this is the obvious pre-decided outcome, and your seemingly feeble grasp of the "Logic" you seem to fixated on.

    Now , I remember why I have avoided you....good luck.

  3. #103
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,643

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    I think you either do not understand what logic entails....or lack general comprehension depth.


    Actually your yammering is confusing, are churches "people", or are people, people, people, who pay taxes already. What is your argument? do you even have one? how do you support a one way violation of the 1st amendment for the purpose of forcing a religious organization to fund that which they are against?

    do you have an answer you would like to share, or hurling silly attacks all you have?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #104
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,643

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    I see...you have the uncanny ability to extrapolate the thoughts of others to conclusion.

    Unfortunately, you begin what you term "Logic", by removing the snippets you wish from context. Added to this is the obvious pre-decided outcome, and your seemingly feeble grasp of the "Logic" you seem to fixated on.

    Now , I remember why I have avoided you....good luck.


    Oh wait, you are going to hurl an insult, then run away crying about how you ignore me again? Funny how you seem to find a way to keep replying to me, don't let the door hit ya kid, I never notice either way.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #105
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,643

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    no you have to become a church to do that NOT join one sheesh.


    then your and tecoy';s point makes no sense. thanks for playing.,
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I am not sure about that. Most catholics I know oppose gay marriage. But then again i dont know them all.
    I'm talking about birth control, not gay marriage.

  7. #107
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    nope i just don't think the church has any right telling the state what laws it can pass and what laws it can't pass when they pay no taxes. are you serious i thought you were for separation of church and state.
    The church is suing the state over an infringment of religious rights; that's that the state's attempt to enforce a birth control mandate is against the teachings and practice of the Catholic Church. The People, some of whom belong to the Catholic Church, are protected against religious laws via the 1st Amendment.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I am not sure about that. Most catholics I know oppose gay marriage. But then again i dont know them all.
    But we do having polling information conocerning contracptions. The numbers have varied, but most if not all show most Catholics are fine with contraceptions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #109
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    given that my yapping refutes your "argument", shredding your nonsense, and yours is just jibber jabber, I'll take it as a win. The separation of church and state goes both ways, the FEDGOV is constitutionally prohibited of interfering with thier free exercise there of. You can't compell them to do something you agree with, just cause, bro.
    same can be said about the state i'm sure you don't agree with everything it makes you do. and i have yet to see how your yapping refutes or shreds anything and it matters not what jibber jabber you spew it will not change that fact. so ha!!

  10. #110
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,643

    Re: Catholics sue Obama over birth control mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But we do having polling information conocerning contracptions. The numbers have varied, but most if not all show most Catholics are fine with contraceptions.

    that's between catholics and thier church, not the state and the church, it's a red herring and a moot point. again.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •