Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Lockerbie

  1. #1
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Lockerbie

    BBC News - Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi dies in Tripoli

    The man has finally passed away as expected, so now maybe the American Gov can stop its bitching and moaning.

  2. #2
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Lockerbie

    Nice that this mass murderer could die in the comfort of his home, surrounded by family, friends and fellow terrorists.

    R.I.P.
    Last edited by specklebang; 05-20-12 at 05:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Lockerbie

    If he even did it... nobody in his native country believes he did it and whether he did it or not isn't public knowledge...
    he was allowed to go home over an oil deal with the British government...

  4. #4
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Nice that this mass murderer could die in the comfort of his home, surrounded by family, friends and fellow terrorists.

    R.I.P.
    better than dying in a Scottish hospital surrounded by his family all being paid for my the British tax payer.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    If he even did it... nobody in his native country believes he did it and whether he did it or not isn't public knowledge...
    he was allowed to go home over an oil deal with the British government...
    any proof about this oil deal or are we just going on hearsay now?

  6. #6
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Lockerbie

    He was released because his appeal hearing was looking more likely to be a winner the nearer it got. He was "allowed" to go home to die on compassionate grounds, on condition he withdrew his appeal. That way he got to go home to die, and we still had somebody officially guilty of the Lockerbie bomb.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #7
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Lockerbie

    Would I then assume you believe him innocent? Obviously, I personally don't have a clue so please take my question as honest and sincere.


    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    He was released because his appeal hearing was looking more likely to be a winner the nearer it got. He was "allowed" to go home to die on compassionate grounds, on condition he withdrew his appeal. That way he got to go home to die, and we still had somebody officially guilty of the Lockerbie bomb.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Would I then assume you believe him innocent? Obviously, I personally don't have a clue so please take my question as honest and sincere.
    I think most people who actually look at the facts of the case would consider him to be nothing more than a fall guy.

  9. #9
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Lockerbie

    So it's an op-ed, but it points to most of the essential flaws in the case, and it was written less than 6 months after the trial.

    Lockerbie was an impossible verdict | UK news | The Guardian
    Last edited by Manc Skipper; 05-20-12 at 07:34 PM.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    any proof about this oil deal or are we just going on hearsay now?
    I'm going on I watched the news back then...

    wtf are you going on?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •