Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Lockerbie

  1. #21
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    No - I'm not done bitching. 3 years of freedom = 3 years too long.

    He still disgusts me - they still disgust me for letting him go - he was given a hero's welcome home . . . I still want to vomit. What a sick pig. That's one government and judicial system I'll never appreciate, say anything positive about or come to remotely respect.
    As Manc Skipper has pointed out already there was a good chance he would of been free though the appeal court and I have pointed out that if he remained in Scotland the British tax payer would of been paying for this guys hospital bill, so the British people and Gov would have to of spent thousands of pounds on this guy just to please America? Not a chance!

  2. #22
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I am absolutely baffled at how they could let a convicted mass murderer walk free. He claims he's innocent, and maybe he is; I'm all about appeals and an innocent man fighting for a turnover on his conviction... However, until that conviction is officially turned over and he's acquitted WHY would you let him go? Ridiculous.
    Simple.. because an appeal, which the US and UK governments had been opposing from day one and sabotaging, would expose serious issues with the actual evidence that the defence in the first trial never got access too. Even the Scottish appeal system said that there was most likely a miss-carriage of justice in the case and it takes quite a lot for them to come with such a verdict.

    The political fall-out of an appeal would have put back anti-terror cases for decades, since every bit of evidence and testimony would have been put in doubt.

    So the best thing for the US and UK was to secretly agree to release him on the condition that he withdrew his appeal.. which he did. Now of course the US and UK governments had their asses clear and could complain, because it was officially the Scots that did the releasing.

    I find it strange that a large number of the British relatives to the victims all believe that he was innocent..
    Last edited by PeteEU; 05-22-12 at 04:30 AM.
    PeteEU

  3. #23
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    BBC News - Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi dies in Tripoli

    The man has finally passed away as expected, so now maybe the American Gov can stop its bitching and moaning.
    Its ashamed that the British government ****ted on all his victims and released him due to some compassionate grounds nonsense in exchange for oil deals.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #24
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    As Manc Skipper has pointed out already there was a good chance he would of been free though the appeal court and I have pointed out that if he remained in Scotland the British tax payer would of been paying for this guys hospital bill, so the British people and Gov would have to of spent thousands of pounds on this guy just to please America? Not a chance!
    Only Americans, hunh?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #25
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Only Americans, hunh?
    well no other countries were moaning about it, Americans went as faras talking about boycotting Scottish goods in protest!
    Last edited by Higgins86; 05-22-12 at 06:19 PM.

  6. #26
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    well no other countries were moaning about it, Americans went as faras talking about boycotting Scottish goods in protest!
    Anyone who supported his release has questionable morals - where's the sense in unleashing an obviously tainted foul individual into the world to taste freedom after proving content in robbing so many of their own?

    What is that logic? "Oh - when they get sick enough we'll set them free". . . gee

    I seriously regret that extradition didn't happen.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Anyone who supported his release has questionable morals - where's the sense in unleashing an obviously tainted foul individual into the world to taste freedom after proving content in robbing so many of their own?

    What is that logic? "Oh - when they get sick enough we'll set them free". . . gee

    I seriously regret that extradition didn't happen.
    You're not privy to the circumstances of his detention or release...

    so why make assumptions?

    A few news outlets mentioned a bartered oil deal with BP before the media scuttled on to something else as quick as they could at the time of his transfer to his homestate...

    none of us are in intelligence so why even bother throwing feces...
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 05-22-12 at 08:24 PM.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Its ashamed that the British government ****ted on all his victims and released him due to some compassionate grounds nonsense in exchange for oil deals.
    And as far as we can tell foreign intel put him at innocent...

    hence nobody knows anything.

    The guy was welcomed to his home-country like he was a damned hero and hostage of British government...

    so what do we know?

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660

    Re: Lockerbie

    Phew. Thank goodness, because that daily barrage of the US government going on and on and on and on, dominating every news program, site, print media, and even here...that was getting tiresome.

    I think maybe somebody with a teensy tiny penis was just looking for an opportunity to bash at America when they started this thread.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: Lockerbie

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Phew. Thank goodness, because that daily barrage of the US government going on and on and on and on, dominating every news program, site, print media, and even here...that was getting tiresome.

    I think maybe somebody with a teensy tiny penis was just looking for an opportunity to bash at America when they started this thread.
    teensy tiny penis, your mum been on the wine again?

    As for " America bashing" why is it whenever you have a negative opinion on America on an issue its American bashing? I was annoyed as were many others at the American government's response to the release of a British prisoner, I felt like it was not any of Americas business and that they were wrong to try and interfere with British domestic policy. Stop crying "American hater. American basher" when posters have a negative thing to say about the US. It makes you sound like a whiny bitch.
    Last edited by Higgins86; 05-22-12 at 09:49 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •