Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 102

Thread: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    We are quickly approaching a point where you can be fired/demoted for political beliefs.
    I don't think so. I don't think that is the issue here. It's the public face.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think so. I don't think that is the issue here. It's the public face.
    Fine, when do we get to hear a story about a black guy getting fired for posting, "Fo Hundred Years duh racist whitey doin' du stuff, yo!"

  3. #53
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    This is not about Obama or Free Speech. The fireman contractually agreed refrain from acting in a manner which may act to compromise his ability to perform in his former capacity or interfere with the "agency's ability to carry out its assigned mission".
    That's fine but what he posted didn't compromise his ability to perform in his former capacity or interfere with the "agency's ability to carry out its assigned mission".

  4. #54
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    That's fine but what he posted didn't compromise his ability to perform in his former capacity or interfere with the "agency's ability to carry out its assigned mission".
    Sure it does. See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    It shows bias, as such it could bring into question whether he or the people under his command show preference in the performance of their public duties, give preferential treatment in the administration of their duties at the "house", follow policy etc. There simply is no good end to voicing personal and quite frankly, derogatory remarks by public servants.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Fine, when do we get to hear a story about a black guy getting fired for posting, "Fo Hundred Years duh racist whitey doin' du stuff, yo!"
    When some employer sees it and doesn't like it. You make a mistake I think when we assume just because this story gets reported that there are not others, including all races, in which someone goes off on facebook and loses a job over it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #56
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When some employer sees it and doesn't like it. You make a mistake I think when we assume just because this story gets reported that there are not others, including all races, in which someone goes off on facebook and loses a job over it.
    No, actually there are no stories like that cause only whites are discriminated against.

  7. #57
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Sure it does. See below.
    No, that's just your biased opinion.

  8. #58
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    No, that's just your biased opinion.
    No, I am assessing his statement based upon the plain meaning of the words used in his statement as follows: "I and my coworkers could rewrite the book on whether our urban youths are victims of racist profiling or products of their failed, (expletive), ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents."

    What standard are you using? How does this statement reflect upon his department should they not have disciplined this public servant?

  9. #59
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think so. I don't think that is the issue here. It's the public face.
    He did not say it on behalf of the fire department. If he posted in on the FD facebook page I might understand.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #60
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,148

    Re: Fire capt. demoted for alleged Trayvon rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    No, I am assessing his statement based upon the plain meaning of the words used in his statement as follows: "I and my coworkers could rewrite the book on whether our urban youths are victims of racist profiling or products of their failed, (expletive), ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents."

    What standard are you using? How does this statement reflect upon his department should they not have disciplined this public servant?
    His standard is his biased opinion.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •