Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 331

Thread: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Hare-
    I look forward to you attempting to call out a 'conservative' who 'stretches' the facts.

    First fact is not all Sharia law is as draconian as the 'conservative' fearmongers say. In Fact a great deal of Sharia law is very logical and just...what you want to twist it to be is what radical Islamists do, warp it like our Christianity into something it is not.

    You might want to stretch some, you seem hidebound.

    Jerry-
    Your 'example' is why many say the issue is same sex marriage, not sexual orientation marriage.

    More deflection.

  2. #32
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    I still have a hard time believing there are people that would make laws against this. I have an even harder time believing there are people that support them. Gay marriage hurts no one.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #33
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I still have a hard time believing there are people that would make laws against this. I have an even harder time believing there are people that support them. Gay marriage hurts no one.
    Its ok, in the year 2000, nearly 40% of alabama voted for a ban for interracial marriage in the state constitution.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Its ok, in the year 2000, nearly 40% of alabama voted for a ban for interracial marriage in the state constitution.
    Really? Ugh I am too close to that state.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #35
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Really? Ugh I am too close to that state.
    I live about 10 miles from the border

  6. #36
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Hare-
    I look forward to you attempting to call out a 'conservative' who 'stretches' the facts.

    First fact is not all Sharia law is as draconian as the 'conservative' fearmongers say. In Fact a great deal of Sharia law is very logical and just...what you want to twist it to be is what radical Islamists do, warp it like our Christianity into something it is not.

    You might want to stretch some, you seem hidebound.
    Not sure what your implying here, I confront irrational conservatives on a regular basis.

    You made the comparison to Shariah law not me, Shariah law allows for the execution of homosexuals. The comparison is flawed and shouldn't be used in any rational discussion regarding gay marriage.

    Hidebound? Why do you say that? I'm in favor of gays having the freedom to marry.
    Last edited by a351; 05-12-12 at 01:20 PM.

  7. #37
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Careful, you might pull something stretching that far. Gays marrying would be fine with me, but let's not equate a lack of marital rights to the absolute atrocities gays are subjected to overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    You completely misunderstood my post. I expect no such thing. I expect others to avoid making fraudulent comparisons such as the one I referenced above.
    Why do you bring it up if you don't want people to respond. I did not bring up the laws and oppression in other nations. You point out what these people go through and want no one to say anything. Why note get a pad of sticky notes and write posts to yourself. By the end of the day your desk will be full of your thoughts with no response. Why do you make a ridiculous statement about theocracies what is going on overseas like our problem is nothing. It is our problem. They have theirs. We fight for our issues they do not in most cases.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    This is why people are claiming civil rights are denied.
    katiegrrl0 said that heteros have this right, but gays do not.Heteros do not have this right. No one does. While arguments can be made that this civil right should be made, it doesn't exist today for it to be an equality issue. No one is being treated differently than anyone else here.

  9. #39
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    katiegrrl0 said that heteros have this right, but gays do not.Heteros do not have this right. No one does. While arguments can be made that this civil right should be made, it doesn't exist today for it to be an equality issue. No one is being treated differently than anyone else here.
    People don't have the right to marry? This is your argument?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    You twist the words to fit your view. You know very well what I am talking about. Oh, you should be able to marry him.
    Well, you said heteros have this right.

    We don't.

    Therefore it's not an issue of equality.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •