Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 331

Thread: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

  1. #321
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    first off there is no quality studies on SS parenting, the science is in its infancy.. Secondly, would you say that naturally a genetic bond to a child is superior to that of a non-genetic bond?


    Tim-
    No. Parents can raise children with just as much love for them without a genetic bond. To say otherwise is to discount/degrade every adoptive parent on this planet.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #322
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Just because it's a social construct does not disqualify it as an evolutionary result.. Polygammy would require that the state change a great deal in order to accomodate, so too does gay marriage. Other than the degree of what we need to accomodate for, why exclude one over the other? Other that what the state has to change or make provisions for, why fundamnetally should we see one as better than the other?

    Tim-
    The only thing that same sex marriage requires as far as changing legal marriage goes is changing the sex requirement/block on marriage forms and in marriage paperwork. That is not a fundamental change. It is a very similar change to allowing any race to marry any other race.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    If I was a green frog but all the other frogs were red, I would feel different, wouldn't I?


    Tim-

    Yes you would. And growing up, I was the only one in my class that had glasses and I felt different. Different does not e equate to bad by default nor does it mean we need to strive to all be the same.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. Parents can raise children with just as much love for them without a genetic bond. To say otherwise is to discount/degrade every adoptive parent on this planet.
    There are many cases where adoptive parents have much more of a bond than the biological parents did. There are going to be adoptive couples and gay couples that make better parents than some straight couples and vice versa. You can't put a blanket statement to something like that.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #325
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's correct. If there exists a right "to marry the person you love", then folks can already marry relatives and I would be using a fallacy as an argument.

    As it is, though, there is no such right. "Heteros can marry the person they love" is just some bull**** gays say when they want to appeal to emotion.
    You are using a fallacy by being deliberately obtuse as to what is meant by "love" in the context of marriage. Irregardless, the fact remains that heterosexuals can marry the people they are sexually attracted to, who are not closely related to them, who they intend to consummate their marriage and spend their life with. Homosexuals want the same thing, subjected to the same conditions regarding close familial relationships, but they can't just because they are sexually attracted to people of the same sex to them, and that is why there is an inequality.
    Last edited by nonpareil; 05-16-12 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  6. #326
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    All I see the gay rights movement as is a money grab. But hey, you want a small, very small in fact, slice of your over-inflated tax dollars back, sure, why not. Have at it. You're going to pay more in the long run anyway.
    Ah....teh gays want teh tax dollars.

    It is all so clear now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina* - NY Daily News




    Methinks she did on purpose to get the new amendment challenged in courts.
    Me thinks she is a publicity whore...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #328
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ah....teh gays want teh tax dollars.

    It is all so clear now.
    Almost all our lesbians are gross. Like not even good enough for a month 6 tour fantasy gross.

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Damn the lesbians I have met make guy's teeth hurt-

    First because they look so sweet and next because they kick em in because the dude came at them incorrect.

    Sucks to live where you do, guessing the straight girls are rough to look at too...

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Me thinks she is a publicity whore...........
    Why are you bringing Sarah Palin into the discussion?

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •